The real question?

When the hell are they opening up the rest of boss mode??
Zodiac4EVA

Comments

• KaceyKacey Member
    Zodiac4EVA wrote: »
    When the hell are they opening up the rest of boss mode??

WE DON'T ASK QUESTIONS LIKE THIS ZODIAC
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • StyxusStyxus Member
    Maybe once they figure out a reason for it to exist. Boss Mode will be cleared in a single day by most top players who care about it (Personally I have yet to even clear 1/4th of boss mode because it is completely pointless). Those players will then come to the forums and complain about how easy it was and that there's no real PvE content in this game.

I would not be in a big rush to experience that if I were a developer >.<

More importantly though there is literally no reason for boss mode to exist currently. There are zero rewards from it. I have to imagine they would want to fix this before releasing anymore top end content.

Boss Mode offers first a more challenging PvE experience, it requires a full roster with lots of heroes equipped with at least greater runes. You say there are no rewards but boss mode dungeons are the best place to farm rune materials and Greater Runes.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Styxus wrote: »
    Boss Mode offers first a more challenging PvE experience, it requires a full roster with lots of heroes equipped with at least greater runes. You say there are no rewards but boss mode dungeons are the best place to farm rune materials and Greater Runes.

The best place to farm greater runes is boss island, where the greater rune is the booby prize. The best place to farm mats depends on the mats, but outside of event dungeons, is also boss island.

Boss mode currently has three purposes:
    1. Gems for the first time you clear
    2. A check mark on your player profile if you are a completionist
    3. First place to farm greater runes before you can consistently clear boss island

My thought is that the second half of boss island will drop superior runes, jewels, essences, and etched bars. That would make it have more play value than the first half.

zntCIcd.gif
  • I'm guessing whenever they release the 2nd half of boss island, the level cap will go to 80. My reasoning for this is that we now have several quests that give +XP, so they are giving players a chance to first catch up in level (which can be viewed as a good or bad thing, but that's another topic), and whenever 2nd half boss island is released, players will be able to hit 80 as the XP requirements will surely be pretty substantial. I'm thinking the first few chapters of the new boss stages will recommend 70-73 level and will gradually increase as you get closer to chapter 21.

So maybe a few more months. Maybe the next major patch?
  • StyxusStyxus Member
    echonap wrote: »

The best place to farm greater runes is boss island, where the greater rune is the booby prize. The best place to farm mats depends on the mats, but outside of event dungeons, is also boss island.

1. Gems for the first time you clear
    2. A check mark on your player profile if you are a completionist
    3. First place to farm greater runes before you can consistently clear boss island

My thought is that the second half of boss island will drop superior runes, jewels, essences, and etched bars. That would make it have more play value than the first half.

I agree with you on the second part dropping superior runes, that would make sense. But even if you are right about farming boss island, it requires 8 loot keys whereas lootiing Boss mode only costs 1 key, and the legendary dungeons can't be quicklooted, so yes boss island is better for farming but boss mode is quicker and less costly in keys and time.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited April 18
    I think the point is that the constraining items are really the totems. If you're farming totems, you'll incidentally pick up more than enough crappy Greater Runes and Tomes to allow you to make runes far longer than you'll have gems remaining.

FWIW - I have hundreds of each Tome and the various greater shards that I will never use. If you want to quit farming Boss Mode and focus on Boss Island with the rest of us, I'd be glad to give you half of them. Just meet me in the trade portal.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • echonapechonap Member
    I agree with you on the second part dropping superior runes, that would make sense. But even if you are right about farming boss island, it requires 8 loot keys whereas lootiing Boss mode only costs 1 key, and the legendary dungeons can't be quicklooted, so yes boss island is better for farming but boss mode is quicker and less costly in keys and time.

If you want to quickloot for greater runes, yea boss mode is much better because you save on keys and you can pick the color and type (focus, power, precision, etc.) of rune to farm for. Plus it is available 7 days a week.

But as @Kacey was saying, and what I was trying to imply in my original post when I called it the booby prize, you will be short totems at the end, not greater runes for salvaging. I have 999 of all greater binders, shards, and tomes with little use for any. So why purposely farm for something that will be collecting dust in your inventory soon, when you can kill two birds with one stone.

Plus, I did say this as well:
    echonap wrote: »

zntCIcd.gif