Warm Up With The Fire Festival!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
zocwb2m0rh0f.png

It's getting warmer out, and sometimes it's nice to just relax and enjoy the sun. This event is on the simpler side: Three repeatable quests and one event dungeon to run. Rewards will scale depending on your player level. The event will last until Thursday, and no additions or subtractions will be made to the event. So sit back and enjoy the warmth!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• BrazyBrazy Member
    Nice event! Great drops in the event dungeon.
  • PardonPardon Member
    For fire heo tokens you mean also Ember ones?
  • ThyralThyral Member
    Ok what is this jackpot loot? Got 10 crafting materials yet...anyone got tokens?
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited April 17
    Pardon wrote: »
    For fire heo tokens you mean also Ember ones?

I just found a koros token from a candle so you can at least find him! I'll definitely be spending all my stamina here.

Edit: It actually gave me 3 tokens! NICE
  • RyeChusRyeChus Member
    where are the candles?
  • Virtualx wrote: »
    Definitely worth my while
    ferlojndwq1v.png

wowzers!
  • Dayum. That brimstone though.

After the event levels a week or so ago, I no longer need even a single Pyre Ember. Hope to see my fair share of this brimstone.
  • Candles also drop celestial evos! This event is win-win-win.
  • Are candles only in the one event dungeon?
  • RyeChusRyeChus Member
    no candles
    no candles
    no candles
    no candles
    no candles
    no candles
    bo candles
    3 candles - 3x Koros, 10 flame steel, 10 Pyre
    no candles
    no candles
    no candles
    1 candle - 25 wildfire blossom
    no candles
    no candles
    no candles
    no candles
    1 candle - 10 Brimstone
    no candles
    no candles

so far calling this a fire festival is something of a misnomer
  • Many runs with no candles. Most with one. Very few with two.
  • I like the event. But most of my runs have been candle-free. :(

Bad RNG, I suppose. Some players have reported much better luck.
  • Kinda like in "Office Space" == think they were off a decimal in the candle spawn rate...

• After pvping all night and realizing I completely forgot about the pvp repeatable quest..

THANK YOU for making it stackable! These little things do not go unnoticed!!
  • Put it this way: it feels like I'm finding Goldie Beard almost as often as the candles, and he hasn't been involved in an event for a while. Lots of objects that would typically be sparkly with no gleam and not a lot of waxy things for me to tap on.
  • PardonPardon Member
    Too many runs without candels. Too much slot machine
  • why do you remove sparkling objects from the event ?? I mean many runs without candles ....... ok but at least keep the sparkling objects that give energy and gold
  • This is the first event since I started playing that is too hard for me. I'm currently level 45 and my water heroes are Yasmin, Selwyn, Yokozuna, Takumi, Therand Fiddlestrom, Sir William, Stone Fist. They are only 2-3 Stars and only ascended once. I tryed the dungeon 4 times now (1 time with a dark team) and it looks like all my heroes except sir wiliam and stone fist are onehit. Guess I need Valkin, Yorick, Grog-Gnog or Igorok to even have a chance.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Crumbler wrote: »
    This is the first event since I started playing that is too hard for me. I'm currently level 45 and my water heroes are Yasmin, Selwyn, Yokozuna, Takumi, Therand Fiddlestrom, Sir William, Stone Fist. They are only 2-3 Stars and only ascended once. I tryed the dungeon 4 times now (1 time with a dark team) and it looks like all my heroes except sir wiliam and stone fist are onehit. Guess I need Valkin, Yorick, Grog-Gnog or Igorok to even have a chance.

It would be slow but you can try Yokozuna, Sir William, Yasmin and Therand. Just make sure you always have taunt up on either Yoko or William - you can alternate between these when a taunt wears off. Keep sumo stomp up as much as possible for the extra defense buff and to daze enemies. I'm not sure how they did the scaling, but this might give you a chance.
  • Foozle wrote: »
    Crumbler wrote: »
    This is the first event since I started playing that is too hard for me. I'm currently level 45 and my water heroes are Yasmin, Selwyn, Yokozuna, Takumi, Therand Fiddlestrom, Sir William, Stone Fist. They are only 2-3 Stars and only ascended once. I tryed the dungeon 4 times now (1 time with a dark team) and it looks like all my heroes except sir wiliam and stone fist are onehit. Guess I need Valkin, Yorick, Grog-Gnog or Igorok to even have a chance.

It would be slow but you can try Yokozuna, Sir William, Yasmin and Therand. Just make sure you always have taunt up on either Yoko or William - you can alternate between these when a taunt wears off. Keep sumo stomp up as much as possible for the extra defense buff and to daze enemies. I'm not sure how they did the scaling, but this might give you a chance.

I used this exact team with my low level alt account (34) and it worked well, except for against Koros. But the time it took...wow. Lots of patience required.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Another great event. Thanks DB
    The Empire is recruiting.
  • LietoLieto Member
    Great prizes...

Candles spawn too infrequently...disappointingly so! I have just ran 3 back to back dungeons and attained a bunch of XP for my 30 stamina...feeling short changed right about now....and over the course of today and yesterday, there were many other fruitless runs I can recall...

It has got to the point that i think more about the lack of candles than i do about the prizes...

A simple tweak for future such vents would be to half the prize awards per sparkle and Double the drop rate...Lets avoid people having a run end in complete disappointment, its just unnecessary. Deal @Eej?
  • ZWendyZWendy Member
    They didn't disable the amazing treasure chest. I got it on my first run today. The only reason I remember it was because I worried if I got a rune chest at the end, the Koros token would be gone on my next run. Lupina = take away the end token.
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
    The Tatar Squad
  • LietoLieto Member
    edited April 18
    @Foozle - hard to hammer it - ive just been using free stamina today and since the last time i posted, ive just used the next 10 stamina and had another dry run. so that's thats 4 back to back runs to get the recycle rune and XP pots which are useless.

I know my sample size is far smaller than yours, and I know there are good rewards on offer...I just dont see why the devs squirt in the opportunity for the outcome to be a complete dud...tone down the rewards so net net we get the same from a few hundred stamina but then remove the disappointing experience ...

6 more mins and i can go again...hopefully its not 50 stamina completely down the drain! Getting 100 (hell, just 25) pyres on this next run will make up for it.

edit -

woe is me...5 runs and zip. The last run gave me a resist rune too...I see the comedy in that...

Looking at your stats, I think I am really unlucky at present so will take a break, do my tower and maybe after that the RNG will have flipped
  • LietoLieto Member
    Strange. My post got deleted...I think

The punchline was that ive now gone 5 runs with no candles.

I think I'm just unlucky.

I'm doing the tower to reset RNG and hope for better luck later
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Stupid automated spam filter. Gets tripped by long posts and some posts that are edited. Restored your comment.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com