Please Nerf Shade's Spirit Link

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
I get making new, powerful heroes makes money. But you've made your cash off of Shade. Now you can nerf him. I think we should start with Spirit Link. Don't make it make him completely invincible, maybe split the damage 50/50 between him and his target, just give us a chance to kill Shade before he locks on to your most powerful hero and totally ruins your battle with a single ability. Also maybe allow Spirit Link to be seen as a debuff, so if a hero uses a cleansing ability like Purging of Sins or Lay On Hands, it is removed. Currently it is seen as neither a buff or a debuff, which is pretty neat actually. Also, I don't believe "Haunted" is resisted by Dark resistance. For the heroes who naturally have Dark resist or get it through Battle runes (because honestly, who uses Resist runes?), maybe allow them to resist Haunted? Or buff Leo by making him able to either block Haunted entirely for Light allies or remove it by using an ability like The Guardian.

And for Shade's Possession, can you please at least make it so the abilities your hero used before they died aren't instantly charged when he possesses them? It's annoying having him steal your Kozar, and Home Run your entire team even though that ability should be on cooldown. Same for if your own Shade possesses one of your own allies' bodies. Maybe also make the maximum possession health 50% instead of 100%. Just nerf this guy. Please.
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Indigo
Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!

Comments

• MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited April 18
    That awkward moment when you realize shade's linking ability is a cleansable ability >.>

Edit: They are looking at nerfing shade, but they are specifically looking at lowering the damage coefficient of his first ability (Discussed at the most recent summit). I would assume this would make it where he is no longer a one shot wonder lottery machine.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    That awkward moment when you realize shade's linking ability is a cleansable ability >.>

Edit: They are looking at nerfing shade, but they are specifically looking at lowering the damage coefficient of his first ability (Discussed at the most recent summit). I would assume this would make it where he is no longer a one shot wonder lottery machine.

Wait seriously, you can cleanse it? Since when? I remember the healing just going to Shade and the Link staying on the hero.
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
    edited April 18
    @JackHallow666

You've always been able to cleanse it. Heals get transferred but the dispel still works. I think this just has to do with the ordering of the ability logic (See Astrid example below). Next time someone is linked and you have Emily's 2nd ability up, cast it on linked person.

Astrid can also get rid of it through her third ability (Though if you attack shade the damage will transfer before the debuff and you almost always die from it).
    @JackHallow666

You've always been able to cleanse it. Heals get transferred but the dispel still works. I think this just has to do with the ordering of the ability logic (See Astrid example below). Next time someone is linked and you have Emily's 2nd ability up, cast it on linked person.

Astrid can also get rid of it through her third ability (Though if you attack shade the damage will transfer before the debuff and you almost always die from it).

So... you can put Shade's Link on himself?
    edited April 18
    @JackHallow666

So... you can put Shade's Link on himself?

Hah okay I've never actually not killed myself with that. My astrid is very strong >.< But I have "transferred" it to furnace (It just went away). I would imagine since Shade can't be linked to team mates, it would react this way on all heroes you used her third ability on. In shades case, if you lived through the damage the link would drop afterwards.
  • Spirit Link can also be purged. I've seen Koros's Purging Pyre get rid of link
    kanofudo wrote: »
    Spirit Link can also be purged. I've seen Koros's Purging Pyre get rid of link

Wait, as in Shade was on Koros' team linking it to an enemy or Koros attacked an enemy Shade who was linking?
  • kanofudo wrote: »
    Spirit Link can also be purged. I've seen Koros's Purging Pyre get rid of link

Wait, as in Shade was on Koros' team linking it to an enemy or Koros attacked an enemy Shade who was linking?

If enemy shade is linking one of your heroes, and your Koros uses his first ability it will "dispel" the link before the damage and not kill your hero.
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited April 18
    From my understanding Spirit Link puts a buff on shade and a debuff on your hero whom is linked. Just like any other buff or debuff it can be removed. If either of those are removed the link ends.

Possession is also a buff that can be removed as well.
    Ranked top 10 every PVP season to date.
    https://postimg.org/gallery/38mjf91kk/
    Pre-seasons: 6th, 6th, 6th, 3rd, 2nd, 6th, 1st, 10th, 5th
    Seasons: 6th, 5th
  • Shade is perfect the way he is ;) He feels like a real boss hero and should remain that way, minus the one shot ability. Can't argue with that since it's coming anyway.
  • echonapechonap Member
    itirnitii wrote: »
    Possession is also a buff that can be removed as well.

Did not know this. Thanks!

zntCIcd.gif