Haste Proc Rate on Runes

Since I've been running a lot of the event dungeon this week, I figured I'd capture some data on the haste proc rate when it is an "affix" as the fourth stat on a rune. After over 100 runs and over 600 attacks, it appears that the proc rate for haste is only around 5%. So it procs only about 1 time in 20 attacks.

@Joel or @Eej - this seems very low to me, so I'm curious if this is intended to be that low or perhaps there is some issue. The proc rate for other similar affixes, such as burning skin, electric skin, poison skin, etc. appear to be much higher than 5%, so was just curious. If 5% is the intended rate, it hardly seems worth equipping on a hero unless the rune is otherwise something you would equip anyway based on its other stats.

Thanks

Comments

• Foozle wrote: »
    If 5% is the intended rate, it hardly seems worth equipping on a hero unless the rune is otherwise something you would equip anyway based on its other stats.

I think therein lies the problem. If the stats on the rune are ideal, any real % chance of haste makes the rune vastly more powerful than any other runes available. But at the same time, they have no way of limiting the overall quality of the rest of the rune to balance it against a very powerful added effect.

Suggestion: leave runes with 4th stat basic "% modifiers" like dmg vs, PvP dmg, reduced dmg as craftable bonuses. Move all specialized 4th stats to PvP rewards, event rewards, Aether shop and balance them in such a way that players get to make an actual choice between a powerful additional ability and a stat boost.

Let us experiment with a 25% haste rune that has no other stats. Give us a rune that lowers a heroes damage by 50% but starts them with full energy. Put perfect swing on a rune but make it defensive. How about a rune that puts permanent fear on the hero but starts them with a shield? You could come up with a ton of cool ideas that add real customization to heroes, instead of every rune just being a stat stick with a slight chance for a 4th ability that can't be balanced in any way.
  • I hope Foozle is right and it is just 5%. I wish it didn't exist at all, as I think this is potentially game-breaking stuff, but now that it does, the chance of it triggering should be extremely low. A higher chance, combined with the fact that in pvp, you get many more points for winning a defense than losing, would make for some over-the-top rng-based defenses, which wouldn't always win, but would win enough to be successful pretty much regardless of the opponent. Imho, 4th effects should NOT be that strong.
    IGN: Xanathra
  • Fack3LFack3L Member
    Foozle wrote: »
    Let us experiment with a 25% haste rune that has no other stats. Give us a rune that lowers a heroes damage by 50% but starts them with full energy. Put perfect swing on a rune but make it defensive. How about a rune that puts permanent fear on the hero but starts them with a shield? You could come up with a ton of cool ideas that add real customization to heroes, instead of every rune just being a stat stick with a slight chance for a 4th ability that can't be balanced in any way.

@Joel
    Very good ideas!!!
    Plz let the devs know about them.
    That Could make pvp more interesting.