Fear effect and order change

A few times now I have forced an enemy hero to run from fear only to have the next defender in the rank go forward one. Both times it has almost cost me the raid. Is this working as intended?

(Lupina fears defenders. Torchy silences Grog-gnog the first normal-speed hero. Grog-gnog runs. Second Normal speed hero goes first in grog-gnog's place.)

Comments

• I'm not sure if we count this under the same bug post umbrella as ponti, hopper and leo.

@Zombie8u @itirnitii Opinions?

Esmenoth the only condolence I can give you is this simple statement:

"Don't let your memes be dreams"
  • Esmenoth wrote: »
    A few times now I have forced an enemy hero to run from fear only to have the next defender in the rank go forward one. Both times it has almost cost me the raid. Is this working as intended?

(Lupina fears defenders. Torchy silences Grog-gnog the first normal-speed hero. Grog-gnog runs. Second Normal speed hero goes first in grog-gnog's place.)

Working as intended? Yes.

Should it be looked into and changed? Yes, probably.
  • I vote for same umbrella @MattCauthron . It all comes down to the lack of placeholders once the order is disrupted.
  • Yep. Same effect.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Esmenoth wrote: »

So, another case of working as intended, not as described. This is a fairly significant consequence of a hero running in fear.
  • Esmenoth wrote: »
    shiggity80 wrote: »

So, another case of working as intended, not as described. This is a fairly significant consequence of a hero running in fear.

To be fair, I don't think it is described anywhere as "fleeing hero's place in the turn order will become forfeit by the team". It's just that every rational thinker assumes it will be this way.
  • I just saw a new one that I've never come across.

The defender's Ponti cast Chaos Storm and triggered my Koros' Practiced Hunter. Ponti was killed in the attack and resurrected. Because the resurrected Ponti was no longer the first normal speed hero, their NEW first normal got to go next.

Yay.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    I just saw a new one that I've never come across.

The defender's Ponti cast Chaos Storm and triggered my Koros' Practiced Hunter. Ponti was killed in the attack and resurrected. Because the resurrected Ponti was no longer the first normal speed hero, their NEW first normal got to go next.

Yay.

Yep, have had that happen too. One time their next hero was grog so my whole team was slowed allowing their last place Koros to go. Going into the fight I was thinking who the hell thinks shade, Ponti, grog, and Koros is a good idea?? Either they were just throwing heroes out there or were brilliantly counting on Ponti throwing the whole lineup out of wack.
  • Zombie8u wrote: »
    shiggity80 wrote: »

To be fair, I don't think it is described anywhere as "fleeing hero's place in the turn order will become forfeit by the team". It's just that every rational thinker assumes it will be this way.

Only Pontifex's death normally advances any normal speed hero up the order and that is unique to him. Whenever any other hero of the same speed is removed the turn order is unaffected. No rational person would assume that fear would be any different. It is a significant consequence and should be in the description. If an effect of an ability is not included in the ability description (or elsewhere in the game) then it is not working as described. That is a simple statement of logic.

• FatCat69 wrote: »

Yay.

Interesting...seems like there have been several threads about ponti changing up orders upon his death/skeleton respawn. You never saw any threads about ponti giving the same issue about hero order when he dies?
  • Sigh... forgot that if you edit a post to fix a typo it gets consumed by the spam filter. :neutral:
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    FatCat69 wrote: »

Yay.

Interesting...seems like there have been several threads about ponti changing up orders upon his death/skeleton respawn. You never saw any threads about ponti giving the same issue about hero order when he dies?

No, I'm well aware of the issues and modification in turn order.

It was just a unique order of events that I'd never seen -- Ponti (as the first normal) takes his turn and dies as a result (Koros' Practiced Hunter response kills him) and then their second Normal becomes the first Normal and also gets to go before my first Normal speed hero.

@Esmenoth all of these order changes are completely consistent to one another. It was never specific to Ponti. If Leo vaporizes someone, order is shifted up. If fear overtakes someone and they run away, the order is shifted up. If Ponti dies and resurrects as a slow, the Normal speed heroes are shifted up.

Heck, even Zen/Kozar with enlightenment was affected -- that's why you'd put your Kozar left of Zen, so that Kozar would become first Fast instead of second Fast and would go next instead of letting their second Fast go next.

This isn't new. It's a completely intentional and to be expected mechanic of the game.
  • @FatCat69 Really? Then I have been experiencing a very different version of the game.

Normally when one of my fast heroes kills the defender's first normal speed hero, my first normal speed hero goes before the defender's second normal speed hero. The defender's second normal does not shift up one place in the order. Ditto, if my first normal off the defender's second normal. This is how it works for me for all heroes in all circumstances except Pontifex, and now heroes that run in fear in Raids.
  • Don't be daft or disingenuous.

You're talking about killing an enemy. In that case there is a body on the ground taking a place in the turn order, even if he can't actually take an action.

There's a difference between someone being killed and being REMOVED from the battle (by Leo, by Hopper, by Shade's possession, by fear) or being changed in speed (by Zen's enlightenment, by Icebloom's slowing effect, or by Pontifex dying and taking on his slow skeletal form).