Do Some Spring Cleaning with the Nature Festival!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
td26gllw2x63.png

Lily is cleaning up the forests and could use your help! There are a bunch of quests available now, and we'll be releasing more on Saturday. You can complete them to earn tokens for Lily, Rocky, Viperia, and other nature heroes. There are other quests that will allow you to earn gold and crafting materials that will scale based on your player level. None of the quests that pay out tokens have scaling rewards though.

Hopefully the weather is nice wherever you are!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Great events lately DB.

Would it be safe to assume that some hero 'changes' are coming tomorrow to match the name of this week's pvp season, or is spring the change to nicer weather?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I like most of the quests, but you guys really should look at the "Craft 10 greater runes" repeatable again. 10 greater runes take A LOT of resources, many of which already overlap with epics and superior rune crafts. Not to mention that, if you want to actually tune those runes and not just toss the mats in the trash, you're looking at several thousands of gems.

So, multiple days worth of mat farming, $50 in gems (or a couple weeks worth of tower gems)...And the reward is a small number of low level materials that combined wouldn't even be enough to craft another greater rune?? What the heck?

That is very fair feedback, and something I'll make sure the team considers in the future. Of note: That is one of the scaling quests. Lower level players will be asked for 10 lower tier runes, but their rewards will also be less.
  • I like most of the quests, but you guys really should look at the "Craft 10 greater runes" repeatable again. 10 greater runes take A LOT of resources, many of which already overlap with epics and superior rune crafts. Not to mention that, if you want to actually tune those runes and not just toss the mats in the trash, you're looking at several thousands of gems.

So, multiple days worth of mat farming, $50 in gems (or a couple weeks worth of tower gems)...And the reward is a small number of low level materials that combined wouldn't even be enough to craft another greater rune?? What the heck?

Agreed!
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited April 20
    Joel wrote: »
    I like most of the quests, but you guys really should look at the "Craft 10 greater runes" repeatable again. 10 greater runes take A LOT of resources, many of which already overlap with epics and superior rune crafts. Not to mention that, if you want to actually tune those runes and not just toss the mats in the trash, you're looking at several thousands of gems.

That is very fair feedback, and something I'll make sure the team considers in the future. Of note: That is one of the scaling quests. Lower level players will be asked for 10 lower tier runes, but their rewards will also be less.

Thanks, Joel :)

Otherwise nice event earlier in the week and another nice one now.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Zombie8u wrote: »
    Great events lately DB.

Would it be safe to assume that some hero 'changes' are coming tomorrow to match the name of this week's pvp season, or is spring the change to nicer weather?

Just a change in the weather, we do not have any hero changes planned for this week. I can see how the season name can lead to thinking we might though, especially after Season of the Hare. I'll make sure the team is mindful of potential inferences that can be made from the season name. We certainly don't mean to tease things that aren't there.
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    So what's the best dungeon to kill mushrooms?
  • wow, so PvP Season of Change = No changes to PvP ? Shocking how anyone could have possibly thought there might be changes involved.
  • wow, so PvP Season of Change = No changes to PvP ? Shocking how anyone could have possibly thought there might be changes involved.

Oh there will be changes. Come next Wednesday MKs will be slicing down Zen and Shades everywhere!

Oh there will be changes. Come next Wednesday MKs will be slicing down Zen and Shades everywhere!

Did you mean Lily and Shades? Not sure why MKs would suddenly start slicing down Zens they weren't slicing down before...

Taking shade against MK was never my strategy personally but a rune that lets MKs suddenly start killing my lily definitely hurts :(
    centralcommand

For real. Unless they do something soon the top 0.05% of Kiras are going to be ridiculously overpowered.

Did you mean Lily and Shades? Not sure why MKs would suddenly start slicing down Zens they weren't slicing down before...

Taking shade against MK was never my strategy personally but a rune that lets MKs suddenly start killing my lily definitely hurts :(

MK doesn't really care who he slices down. As long as they are dead when he finishes spinning, he holds no prejudice. It may be Lily today or Zen tomorrow.

MK has no tears for the fallen.
  • kpung07 wrote: »

Asking the real questions.Seriously, i too would like an answer to this

MK doesn't really care who he slices down. As long as they are dead when he finishes spinning, he holds no prejudice. It may be Lily today or Zen tomorrow.

MK has no tears for the fallen.

Lol fair enough. Here's the DB schedule for next week:
    1. Award bonkers MK runes at season end
    2. Kick off new season with 24 hour free rune unequip
    3. 25 hours later major nerf of MK that makes him virtually useless in PVP thus stranding all our fancy new yellows
    centralcommand
  • @CentralCommand

I can see it written on their planning board already. Probably accidentally used permanent marker instead of dry erase marker.

It's 100% happening at this point.
  • Would be funny if they changed Death Blossom to Indiscriminate Death Blossom, that did 50% damage to your own side as well.
  • teflonica wrote: »
    Would be funny if they changed Death Blossom to Indiscriminate Death Blossom, that did 50% damage to your own side as well.

Or maybe if you got death blossom again it would change her to that
  • edited April 20
    kpung07 wrote: »

Whisper wood (19-2) is probably the best. However it's dark green so it won't count for the 100 lily tokens quest.

Bramblelurk Trail (1-5) is the only decent green level with mushrooms (the only other is feral alliance 1-4 but its definitely worse). Just remember worlds 1 through 4 drop no materials on normal mode so run it on challenge mode if you want anything even slightly useful to drop.

Oh I think most of evergreen island has mushrooms if you want to get anything out of that while its active today as well.
    centralcommand
  • @Joel Care to comment on the very, very minimalistic rewards for a VH event dungeon? Or is it just for us epic wielders to rerun the dungeon as requested earlier?
    Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
  • kpung07 wrote: »

I went for Challenge 1-5 Bramblelurk Trail.

Around 8-10 shrooms per run and it also counts as forest which will help you with the quest "Tending the Grove"
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Jesus. Same rewards for using 5 potions as we get for the repeatable which requires crafting 10 greater runes?

Someone was either smoking the green or chewing on mushrooms when they concocted the reward for that repeatable. How apropos.

I don't think the devs know how many resources go into crafting runes and how hard those resources are to get. This would be reasonable if crafting materials were easier to come by.
    @eej @joel Any chance of getting Savage Grove open for the entirety of the event so that those of us who've been around for a while have a chance of doing a good portion of those 500 green levels required for the Lily tokens?

Light green are mostly early levels and not ones we would likely run. All the green ones in the higher chapters are dark green and though there are a few there that include gold tokens we might farm for, won't count toward the event. Savage Grove is the only light green nature level that we might be interested in running repeatedly.

Thanks.

This is a most excellent suggestion!

#billandted
  • Shouldn't there be a place on the dungeon that says in words what type of dungeon it is. So we don't get confused?
    Jesus. Same rewards for using 5 potions as we get for the repeatable which requires crafting 10 greater runes?

Someone was either smoking the green or chewing on mushrooms when they concocted the reward for that repeatable. How apropos.

I don't think the devs know how many resources go into crafting runes and how hard those resources are to get. This would be reasonable if crafting materials were easier to come by.

It seriously makes me question if the devs even go over their events before releasing it.

Either they didn't realize how bad the rewards are for that quest (which makes them look uninformed about their own game), or they purposely made it that bad (which makes them look like they don't care about the players).
    @eej @joel Any chance of getting Savage Grove open for the entirety of the event so that those of us who've been around for a while have a chance of doing a good portion of those 500 green levels required for the Lily tokens?

Light green are mostly early levels and not ones we would likely run. All the green ones in the higher chapters are dark green and though there are a few there that include gold tokens we might farm for, won't count toward the event. Savage Grove is the only light green nature level that we might be interested in running repeatedly.

Thanks.

correct me if I'm wrong but savage is not counted in this event because it,s not included in the list of travel button
  • echonapechonap Member
    mhmzayed wrote: »
    correct me if I'm wrong but savage is not counted in this event because it,s not included in the list of travel button

I'm guessing it is not included in the travel button because it is not available until tomorrow.

As for the 10 greater rune quest, it is optional (and personally, I plan to skip). If you were planning to craft some greater runes anyhow, think of it as a small refund of some of the mats. It is definitely not meant as a profitable quest.

zntCIcd.gif
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited April 21
    Agreed. A very small rebate. But you gotta admit it's a silly quest right?

Even assuming only a third of the runes crafted end up with perfect stats and are pursued / rolled to the end, fully rolling 3-4 greater runes is a dramatically more costly proposition than doing the same for lessers.

I wouldn't be surprised if no one above level 60 ends up claiming that "repeatable" quest during the whole event.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • 1-savage would appear blocked if it's included
    2-theoretically there is no way to finish the 50 stage in 4 days " even with buying stamina from tower and aether shop " unless you saved stamina before or bought them by gems or real money......... so can i suggest to extend the event for a week :wink: to ease the pressure on the development team :smiley: and give us the chance to complete the quest ............ or any other useful suggestions :blush: