Dungeon Boss' Story- Told by Fans

SeasideStormSeasideStorm Member
edited April 21 in Community Creations
Hello! SeasideStorm here.

Lately I have been thinking about DB's story, as well as some of the character's backgrounds. Thinking on that, I wanted to make this post so people can work together to improve the backstories for some of the characters. Why did OE come back to life? What does Yasmin have against the undead? Who- or what- is IGOROK and why is his name all in caps? These are all question I think we can answer and more in this thread- whether it be canon or not :) .
Post edited by SeasideStorm on
Life IS like a box of chocolates- I don't have one.

Comments

• I'm sure this was noticed before, but there's something about Nitpick & Icepick. What if these two did have a brotherly bond? *thinking emoji*

Also, good idea to create this thread! :smile:
    Crimson's Links: DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum
    IGN: CrimsonKid

• Also, good idea to create this thread! :smile:
    Thanks Crimson!

• TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I think you could create some rich stories about the interactions between the various dwarves. There's definitely some bad blood between Therand Fiddlestrom and Dhaegon Stonecrusher. How these two manage to work together after Therand's betrayal is beyond my comprehension.
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • Hello! SeasideStorm here.

Lately I have been thinking about DB's story, as well as some of the character's backgrounds. Thinking on that, I wanted to make this post so people can work together to improve the backstories for some of the characters. Why did OE come back to life? What does Yasmin have against unleaded? Who- or what- is IGOROK and why is his name all in caps? These are all question I think we can answer and more in this thread- whether it be cannon or not :) .

Maybe Yasmin likes to pollute the earth and fills her car up with leaded gas instead of unleaded.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Hello! SeasideStorm here.

Lately I have been thinking about DB's story, as well as some of the character's backgrounds. Thinking on that, I wanted to make this post so people can work together to improve the backstories for some of the characters. Why did OE come back to life? What does Yasmin have against unleaded? Who- or what- is IGOROK and why is his name all in caps? These are all question I think we can answer and more in this thread- whether it be cannon or not :) .

Maybe Yasmin likes to pollute the earth and fills her car up with leaded gas instead of unleaded.

Fixed.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Therrinn wrote: »
    I think you could create some rich stories about the interactions between the various dwarves. There's definitely some bad blood between Therand Fiddlestrom and Dhaegon Stonecrusher. How these two manage to work together after Therand's betrayal is beyond my comprehension.

Rogar's mom cheated on Dhaegon with Therand. Rogar is the secret lovechild.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • The Dwarves
    Everything started with the first war between Dwarves and Goblins. The five dwarven clans were all mainly united under the leadership of the Stone Clan. During the final battle, it seemed like the goblins would win, that is until Valkin of the Frost Clan charged into the fray to win it all, and become High King of all dwarves. Seeing that his services were no longer needed, Cavern Dwarf King Dagrund Blacksmoke left his clan to learn the ways of Dark Rune Magic, and secretly give Valkin immortal life. Goblins do not give up easily however, and they released their loose cannon: Torchflinger Goblins, and started the Rune War. Seeing the true power of fire, Valkin commands the greatest dwarven engineer, and fellow Frost Clan member Therand Fiddlestrom, and the current Dwarven champion, Light Clan member Dhaegon Stonecrusher, to make a powerful machine only known as “The Furnace”. While they were gathering materials for The Furnace in Flame Clan territory, Dhaegon met his future wife, Nasla. After build a war-winning machine and friendship, Dhaegon married Nasla and they had a child. Seeing Dhaegon so happy while never finding love himself made Therand start to go insane and become unnaturally attached to his machines. Once Dhaegon was bested by the new Dwarven champion Stone Clan member Hagrim Felhorn he moved out with his wife and child to live a new life as an adventurer. Hearing a rumor about an evil tree, Dhaegon left with his best friend Therand to go fight the monster. While the were sleeping however, Therand finally broke and stole Dhaegon’s precious family armor and ran away, causing Dhaegon to be captured. Feeling guilt after, Therand left Dhaegon’s armor with his family and began a life of solitude, that is until he built his bet Bauble. Unable to live alone, Nasla returned to her home with the Fire Dwarves and had her son, Rogar, grew up in that culture. Years later, Rogar donned his Family's (now red) amor to find his father, with a little help from his new friends. After destroying the Root of All Evil, he found his father, unaged and ready to fight.
  • Therrinn wrote: »

@Therrinn How's that?
  • appleapple Member
    And zurk lord of the fart
  • I approve of this thread!

to be honest, a while ago i was busy with some sort of alternative universe fan fiction stuff where all the beasts and monsters were humans on my DA page. I never did something with that again after that, though. should probably start it up again.

• SeasideStormSeasideStorm Member
    edited April 22
    Question @HollandOrc, @Therrinn, and @Crimson_the_Kid: Which race should I cover next? I am thinking demons, but I want people's input.
  • Question @HollandOrc, @Therrinn, and @Crimson_the_Kid: Which race should I cover next? I am thinking demons, but I want people's input.

@SeasideStorm go with the undead
  • Question @HollandOrc, @Therrinn, and @Crimson_the_Kid: Which race should I cover next? I am thinking demons, but I want people's input.

@SeasideStorm go with the undead

Like the skeletons and blom
  • Life IS like a box of chocolates- I don't have one.
  • The Undead
    Strife. That is where this story begins. The undead were not born this way, and most have only come to light, or rather darkness, because of the Lich and his Dark Boss master. Needing more and more lackeys to fight, the Lich started to use his fallen Hero enemies to fight those opposing him. His first target was King Yorick, controller of the Tower of PWNage. The issue was that King Yorick had too much independence, and resumed the fight against the Lich, now with new powers. In return for his betrayal, the Lich place Lord Cromus has ruler of the Tower of PWNage. His next try didn’t work either- Hansuke had too much good and selflessness to be under the control of the Lich. Just when the Lich felt it was time to give up, it worked. Kobal, just after his death became the Lich’s most powerful minion. Not fully undead, Kobal could still succumb to poison and disease, but excelled at spreading the latter. Reinvigorated by his success, the Lich had another victory at turning a Hero to his side - the powerful warrior Executum, and this time he was fully undead. Seeing his prowess and battle strategy and his pure strength, Executum became the overlord of the Lich’s undead division. None could withstand the might of two undead Heroes, so the Heroes created an undead of their very own. Having been culled out of an unnamed Hero, the spirit known as Ekko was immune to all of the attacks Kobal “The Pestilent” the Lich’s dynamic duo was pushed out of combat until the Lich culled the spirit Shade. With his sole purpose in unlife to destroy Ekko, the Undead once again were back in fighting shape. All of this rebirth, however, upset the balance and Life Reaper Brom was called to return the balance. With all of the undead locked in the land of Limbo, only to be returned via portal after, only the memory of the Lich was left. A man only known as “The Witch Doctor” attempted to restart the war by bring the powerful Lord Zomm back to life, only to have him burst out of control and then be locked in Haunted Halls. As of now, the only person to ever meet the witch doctor was his pupil Pontifex Mortis, whom has know become the most powerful necromancer across all lands, save Limbo.
  • Here you are @Instulius007, the Undead were a bit harder to put together than the Dwarves, but I gave it my best shot!
  • @SeasideStorm this is very good
  • We can write our own versions of the lore, right?
    Current DB status: I swear I think I'm going to get rekt once I reach Level 40

IGN: RayFf. ID: 9105329
    Level: 37
    Defense Team: Masuta, Bovus, Pontifex

I would like to see some in-depth stories regarding the Goblins or the Monsters. Since the Gobs already got a bit of screen time, i'd like to see what your interpretation of Mangle, Phemus, Phenol and Koros' stories is.
    (fun fact: last year, i developed some sort of fan fiction where i wrote that Viperia was somewhat in love with Phemus and decided to team up with him when she got separated from Cobressa in one or the other fight, and learnt from him how to turn a blind eye to annoyances and such)
    edited April 23
    @RaymondF Yes! That's why I made this thread! Make your own stories however you wish. As for you @HollandOrc, Making a backstory for monstermight prove to be difficult, as there are only four (as of now ;) ) and only Koros has a backstory, so I don't have much to go of of. That might have to wait until we a get a new hero. Sorry :'( . I am on it!
  • @RaymondF Yes! That's why I made this thread! Make your own stories however you wish. As for you @HollandOrc, Making a backstory for monster might prove to be difficult, as there are only three (as of now ;) ) and only Koros has a backstory, so I don't have much to go of of. That might have to wait until we a get a new hero. Sorry :'( .

ah well, that's alright. I do have a counterargument towards only Koros being the only monster having a wide backstory:
    In the game, there is some sort of achievement that can be gotten by playing through all of Creon's Dungeons with only Phemus on your team. on top of that, a Bramblelurk Goon, a cyclops of Phemus' species, is the first tank fought by the player. This can be seen as Phemus himself having traveled far beyond his home land. This can also be supported by the abundance of Phemus tokens through all of the campaign.
    Sorry for the lengthy comment, i just really like Phemus a lot.
    edited April 24
    @HollandOrc Well your in luck, as I HAVE been doing some thinking and I think I can make a backstory, it just might not be as in depth as I have been making them, as there are only four characters.
  • The Monsters
    Throughout the war between Heroes and The Dark Boss, many follies were made by the heroes. One such folly lead to the creation of the powerful beasts that have been dubbed “Monsters”. Before the undead came along, Ekko was not the first attempt at an artificial hero ment to fight in this war. The leader of the fight had the maker of the legendary Furnace attempt another construct, that they named Alexandros. Alexandros had an unprecedented amount of justice “programmed” into him, and used his power to use the enemy's power against them. With the first artificial hero going so well, they made attempt after attempt to make more and more, but to no avail. In all of this time, the enemies had been gaining more and more magical prowess, and as such this lead to Ignus “The Mad”, as he would later be known as, decided to create some magic-eating beasts for Leonidus’ beast army. This, however, only came to failure. His first attempt, a monster later named “Mangle Jaw”, ha no hunger for magic- only flesh. In fear, Ignus cast Mangle Jaw out, not to be seen for the rest of the war. Ignus tried again, and this time he tried something new. The mysterious jellies, that at time were not so mysterious, were mysteriously powerful, with their ability to multiply and inflict status if someone was dumb enough to make physical with one. Finding the formula to create this magical beings, while imbuing a power that gave it a Hero’s abilities, he attempted to make a fire jelly. The jelly part worked out well enough, but not the fire. On accident, Ignus mixed poison instead of fire, and made a poison jelly. Enraged by his newest mistake, he thrusted the jelly into the toilet and flushed it, with the side effect of completely cleaning the toilet. Determined not to make anymore mistakes, he worked tirelessly to make it, and his third time was a success. Given the name Koros, this manticore had the ability to eat and gain power from magical aura. Ignus should have learned from his mistakes, however, as Koros went out of control and ate all of the magic in Ignus’ workshop, including the magic keeping the leader and king of all Bramblelurk, Phemus the Cyclops, asleep in the basement. Phemus went insane once he realised how far from home he truly was. Between the magic being eaten from the world and Phemus’ earthquakes, the world was coming to an end. Zen came to the rescue before the world DID end however, and cleared Ignus’ mistakes by tranquilizing Phemus and sending Koros to an alternate dimension with plentiful magic, the world was saved, for the moment.
  • I'm sorry @HollandOrc if this isn't what you want, but I found this one the hardest so far! I hope you enjoyed what I COULD pull together.
  • I'm sorry @HollandOrc if this isn't what you want, but I found this one the hardest so far! I hope you enjoyed what I COULD pull together.

It's not what i expected, but i am pleasantly surprised by this fun and interesting story! i really like how you made Ignus a kind of Dr. Frankenstein figure, with good ol' Mangle being his first creation. I also had a good chuckle regarding Phenol. too bad he didn't keep him; he could've made a fortune by developing toilet cleaning products using Phenol's multiplying abilities. it's also a fun idea to make Phemus some sort of primordial Goblin King that Ignus imprisoned at some point in time.
    (I'm a sucker for Ignus, even though he's not the best)

all in all, thank you for making this! i'm not disappointed- in fact, quite the contrary :)
  • by the way, if anybody's interested in my Anthro Beasts Alternative Universe concept of DB, here's a link to the roles i assigned to the Heroes for in my alternative universe. I feel the need, though, to mention that i gave all of the non-humanoid heroes that were around that time a human version.
    http://kingofwarlocks.deviantart.com/art/Dungeon-Boss-OAU-Personalities-and-Roles-638036457

Also, here is a link to a short story in that alternative universe concept of mine on my DA gallery:
    http://kingofwarlocks.deviantart.com/art/Dungeon-Boss-OAU-Story-1-meeting-them-again-642166655?ga_submit_new=10:1493063341&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1
    the writing may not be the best, though.
  • coincidentaly I've been working on a story about dungeon boss told in my eyes for the past week.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I've been working on "The 50 grays of Shade"
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    The story of Dungeon Boss is a tad weird to me. In the beginning, they give you a bit of insight about who "Seekers" are. It's implied there's more Seekers than just you, but the game tells every player they're the true Seeker, the one Thalia was assigned to, the one who can stop the master evil. By what Dungeon Boss gives us, there shouldn't even BE Dark heroes. They should be evil, heck, some of them are literally said to be evil (Overlord Executum deals extra damage to Light enemies! He's sooooooo evil)! In theory, we shouldn't even be able to ally Dark heroes to our side, unless by summoning them, we're taking away the evilness inside them... somehow. I've always thought Dark heroes join your side simply because there's a seemingly endless number of baddies to crush, while there's less than 100 heroes, so they've joined your allegiance just to cause the most chaos, slaughtering waves upon waves of baddies. Same can be said for Zomm, there's a lot more enemy brains to be eaten than hero brains.

Another thing that strikes me is the "Most hated hero" thing that the devs put in every hero spotlight. Yet, you can put a hero and their rival on the same team. I get that if you couldn't, a lot of things would be screwed up and the game would be less fun, but it still doesn't fit the lore. Very few of the heroes actually seem intent on destroying the Great Evil, too. It seems only a couple of the Light heroes share the same desire Seekers do, those being Leonidus primarily, and possibly Matsuta Kira, Augustus, and Dhaegon.

So, are your "heroes" really "heroes" at all? What separates your Rogar from a baddie who looks exactly like him? When many of the Boss Mode enemies are actually stronger than your heroes, then why aren't we recruiting them? Clearly, Seekers can make "evil" enemies into "heroes", so why not take one of those Bosses with 500 passives and make him a hero?

And lastly, items. I understand we can't just breeze through the game, but why isn't everyone in the Dungeon Boss world throwing all the honor, gems, and gold at us that they can? Do they not want us to destroy the Great Evil as quickly as possible? Why is there an economy when it comes to saving the world? (Yes, I get it, business and making money, I'm talking lore-wise though.) Perhaps it's all controlled by some upper-class boss? Oh yeah... Thalia always mentions her "Boss". Who is he? Is he on our side? He certainly seems intent on making us pay for anything useful. You'd think the Boss of all Seekers and muses would want to give us stuff to help destroy the Great Evil... Unless Thalia's Boss is the same Boss that controls all the baddies we fight? Perhaps he's a two-sider, like the announcer from Team Fortress 2, who works for both us and the bad guys, hence why he's willing to help us out, but only at a cost...

DEEPEST LORE!
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    I've been working on "The 50 grays of Shade"

keep the children away from it! and me, too!