Dungeon Boss' Story- Told by Fans [OLD]

2»

Comments

• The story of Dungeon Boss is a tad weird to me. In the beginning, they give you a bit of insight about who "Seekers" are. It's implied there's more Seekers than just you, but the game tells every player they're the true Seeker, the one Thalia was assigned to, the one who can stop the master evil. By what Dungeon Boss gives us, there shouldn't even BE Dark heroes. They should be evil, heck, some of them are literally said to be evil (Overlord Executum deals extra damage to Light enemies! He's sooooooo evil)! In theory, we shouldn't even be able to ally Dark heroes to our side, unless by summoning them, we're taking away the evilness inside them... somehow. I've always thought Dark heroes join your side simply because there's a seemingly endless number of baddies to crush, while there's less than 100 heroes, so they've joined your allegiance just to cause the most chaos, slaughtering waves upon waves of baddies. Same can be said for Zomm, there's a lot more enemy brains to be eaten than hero brains.

Another thing that strikes me is the "Most hated hero" thing that the devs put in every hero spotlight. Yet, you can put a hero and their rival on the same team. I get that if you couldn't, a lot of things would be screwed up and the game would be less fun, but it still doesn't fit the lore. Very few of the heroes actually seem intent on destroying the Great Evil, too. It seems only a couple of the Light heroes share the same desire Seekers do, those being Leonidus primarily, and possibly Matsuta Kira, Augustus, and Dhaegon.

So, are your "heroes" really "heroes" at all? What separates your Rogar from a baddie who looks exactly like him? When many of the Boss Mode enemies are actually stronger than your heroes, then why aren't we recruiting them? Clearly, Seekers can make "evil" enemies into "heroes", so why not take one of those Bosses with 500 passives and make him a hero?

And lastly, items. I understand we can't just breeze through the game, but why isn't everyone in the Dungeon Boss world throwing all the honor, gems, and gold at us that they can? Do they not want us to destroy the Great Evil as quickly as possible? Why is there an economy when it comes to saving the world? (Yes, I get it, business and making money, I'm talking lore-wise though.) Perhaps it's all controlled by some upper-class boss? Oh yeah... Thalia always mentions her "Boss". Who is he? Is he on our side? He certainly seems intent on making us pay for anything useful. You'd think the Boss of all Seekers and muses would want to give us stuff to help destroy the Great Evil... Unless Thalia's Boss is the same Boss that controls all the baddies we fight? Perhaps he's a two-sider, like the announcer from Team Fortress 2, who works for both us and the bad guys, hence why he's willing to help us out, but only at a cost...

DEEPEST LORE!

yup, that's a tad weird indeed. Maybe not each Hero's goal is to defeat the Great Evil, but they tag along with the Seeker to accomplish their own goals and ways of defeating evil. Maybe Pontifex wants to take down the Lich to become the ruler of the Necropolis himself, and can hold the undead in check together with Brom, and Phemus wants to avenge his father who was the former ruler of the Cyclops lands or something, and can hold the Cyclopses/Cyclopes in check like Pontifex. And Emily and Augustus can defeat any dangerous demons when they go with the Seeker.
    but that's just a theory.
    I'm sorry if it doesn't make too much sense, me gray mass isn't working too well at the moment. i'm kind of sleepy.

• @JackHallow666 Well, I have been kind of working on a post- War post once I am done with most of the races/classes, and it IS a cop-out, but lest be honest, most game lore has at least one cop-out at this point. :/
    Level: 70
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc.
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
    Photo provided by Jackhallow666.
  • I also wanted to say that I won't cover characters like G-G or Hoper who have most of their backstories on their Hero Spotlight
  • um, hey there! i'd like some feedback on the quality of my Alternative Universe concept and my first story about it, so that i may improve with my writing and make it more pleasant for others to read it.
    sorry for coming over as attention-seeking, but some constructive criticism on my writing skills would be welcome. If you liked my writing, and can give me some tips on how to improve, then i'll try and write more stories like those in return!
  • Sorry that I haven't posted on here in awhile- I have writers block for the demons.
  • Sorry that I haven't posted on here in awhile- I have writers block for the demons.

That's quite alright: writing takes time. Speaking from personal experience here.
    I'd rather wait long for a good story, than a short while for a pile of Bovus dung.
  • I don't know what do anymore- this latest event has screwed me up. I feel at this point, dungeon boss has too much going on for me to make stories that I myself am happy with. I am going to slip back into the shadows and explore the forums and other peoples neat discussions and help them by giving constructive criticism, but for now that will be what most of my posts are. If there is anything anyone has ideas that they want to run by me, I'm always just an @ away.

Until then my friends!
  • I see.

I do wish for the DB lore to be fleshed-out enough so that we can understand it better and not get confused so easily. :/

Sorry to hear your trouble, Seaside. But I must say that the stories you posted are impressive. :)
    Crimson's Links: DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum
    IGN: CrimsonKid
  • @Crimson_the_Kid Thank you for all of the kind words.

In all honesty, I might be able to work more and digger deeper if I had more time, but I just don't. I WAS working on a story that revolved around demons during the whole Demons vs. Undead thing, but halfway through I became too unhappy with what the story was becoming, so I shelved the project hoping that something for any of the races would come to me. I was just getting back in the swing of things when Indigo and Willow became elves, making THAT much more complicated, not to mention this makes me re-think my WHOLE dwarven idea because of the whole rune war thing. Half the time I can't tell if the backstories DB gives us truly ARE backstories, or rather thing that are happing now/thing to come. There is so much to dig through, yet so little, it can give anyone a headache.

Hopefully I can come back to this thread soon with another story, maybe I can find something by spelunking the forums some more.
  • SeasideStormSeasideStorm Member
    edited May 14
    Was that post really ONLY like, 11 days ago? Man, time flies. I have decided to get back to writing, although I am NOT starting with demons, that gives me a headache. So what SHOULD I do @Crimson_the_Kid and @HollandOrc?

Give me something fun :) .
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    We just got another piece of story in that Constructs and Reptiles have been enemies forever. Probably not so much the Furnace, as the technology needed to make him probably came after the Reptiles disappeared, but now that they're back they probably don't like him anyways. They probably meant the "natural" Constructs like Alexandros (the Zeta) and Stonefist (the golems). Which makes me wonder... before the daily quest update, there was a quest to kill Alexandros clones called "Fate of the Zeta"... could there have been a war between the Zeta Constructs and the Reptiles? Obviously resulting in the death of most of the Zeta... interesting piece of story, to say the least. It brings up a lot of questions.
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • I like to think that the Dungeon Boss Universe/Story is kind of like Overwatch. By that I mean each set of heroes have their own story, goals, and enemies, yet you will still be able to make them team up regardless if they know eachover or if they hate eachover. Every hero does not share the same goal of defeated the Boss of Darkness, but instead have their own goals, whether it being a dwarf's goal to fight against the goblins, or Leonidus' goal to drive away the darkness. Perhaps when we summon heroes from a portal or have them run through a random dungeon as a team, we're recruiting them as mercenaries? Perhaps the reason we have a selection of certain heroes, rather than grunts is because these individuals are known throughout the realm as "heroes" who accomplished feats of greatness. And as the character we play as, the "Seeker," I don't believe our goal is to stop the forces of evil. The Seeker possesses the power to command and control these heroes. Sometimes the Seeker's motives and tasks seem questionable. I recall playing through event dungeons in the past where we had to assemble a team of undead heroes to complete a dungeon full of light heroes, pretty much driving away the forces of good. Also, I think PvP is pretty much Seekers competing against eachover. There probably is no straightforward story to Dungeon Boss, but it's fun to come up with one and speculate.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I like to think that the Dungeon Boss Universe/Story is kind of like Overwatch. By that I mean each set of heroes have their own story, goals, and enemies, yet you will still be able to make them team up regardless if they know eachover or if they hate eachover. Every hero does not share the same goal of defeated the Boss of Darkness, but instead have their own goals, whether it being a dwarf's goal to fight against the goblins, or Leonidus' goal to drive away the darkness. Perhaps when we summon heroes from a portal or have them run through a random dungeon as a team, we're recruiting them as mercenaries? Perhaps the reason we have a selection of certain heroes, rather than grunts is because these individuals are known throughout the realm as "heroes" who accomplished feats of greatness. And as the character we play as, the "Seeker," I don't believe our goal is to stop the forces of evil. The Seeker possesses the power to command and control these heroes. Sometimes the Seeker's motives and tasks seem questionable. I recall playing through event dungeons in the past where we had to assemble a team of undead heroes to complete a dungeon full of light heroes, pretty much driving away the forces of good. Also, I think PvP is pretty much Seekers competing against eachover. There probably is no straightforward story to Dungeon Boss, but it's fun to come up with one and speculate.

Doesn't Thalia mention that the goal of Seekers is to drive away the darkness? Maybe those missions where you play as the "bad guys" is simple an ends to justify the means, as in, you make your Undead stronger by killing good guys do that they're better prepared to take out the bad guys later.
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Was that post really ONLY like, 11 days ago? Man, time flies. I have decided to get back to writing, although I am NOT starting with demons, that gives me a headache. So what SHOULD I do @Crimson_the_Kid and @HollandOrc?

Give me something fun :) .

glad to see you back, mate! too bad about your headaches, though. Maybe Ella or Icepick don't want you to tell others their histories. but again, glad to have you back! i really missed this thread.
    for the suggestions, i think i'd like to see Bramble's history regarding his rise to the Bramblelurk throne and the title of best dancer. But there's also Jabber's background story regarding his brother Jibber, who was funnily enough a collectable hero in the Beta version of DB, but Jabber wasn't.

2»