Second Rune Build?

I'm sure someone has mentioned this before but I don't want to scour the forums to find it but has it been considered to offer players the ability to switch between two rune builds? As it's already known there can be an imbalance between certain teams/heroes in the game with different metas and "one shot teams" people put together. Allowing us to switch our runes between two builds i.e. One for PvP and one for PvE would maybe help balance out the issue, even if just a little bit. Due to the cost of the runes I can really only see it as a benefit to the devs due to increased time playing farming extra mats or even more money spent in some cases for certain players. Thoughts?

Comments

• echonapechonap Member
    Someone suggested allowing a second set of runes to be equipped to different skins (forgot who). However, that idea has some pros and cons.

Pros
    1. Skins would actually have value to players besides just showing off
    2. DB makes $$$ off of runes. This would create an additional x number of rune slots for players to fill, therefore generating revenue
    3. More players would buy skins, again generating revenue
    4. The UI is already in place.

Cons
    1. Not every hero has a skin yet, while one hero has two skins
    2. A lot of people will be upset, as is the case with any change to this game
    The Empire is recruiting.
  • echonap wrote: »
    Someone suggested allowing a second set of runes to be equipped to different skins (forgot who). However, that idea has some pros and cons.

Pros
    1. Skins would actually have value to players besides just showing off
    2. DB makes $$$ off of runes. This would create an additional x number of rune slots for players to fill, therefore generating revenue
    3. More players would buy skins, again generating revenue
    4. The UI is already in place.

Cons
    1. Not every hero has a skin yet, while one hero has two skins
    2. A lot of people will be upset, as is the case with any change to this game

I don't think the runes on skin idea would work because that would then cause a benefit for having skins, when their purpose is purely cosmetic (outside of certain events).
  • TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 21
    It would be kind of nice to have the option to create a PvP rune build and a PvE rune build. This would allow players to make more effective use of the PvP/PvE specific runes.

I think that it would be best to have the following options for each individual rune equip.
    • PvP Slot
    • PvE Slot
    • Dual Slot
    This would allow players to choose whether each rune slot uses two different runes or share the same rune for both builds. When performing an unequip, if the rune is in a single slot the costs are not changed. But, if the rune is in BOTH slots, they have to pay for both the PvP and PvE slots. They also should have the option of removing it from only one of the slots, so they could unequip a dual-slotted rune from PvP only, then free up that slot for the PvP build.
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut