How Much Stamina Should You Bank?

On the advice of the forum, I've gone to super-slow leveling; I only run the tower, do PvP (I think you get 1 EXP for a PvP W?) and, if I HAVE to, run 1 dungeon to the end to get my guild crowns (My 10th daily quest was a choice between 3 or 4 hunt quests, which would take a ton of time/exp, or quick loot 1 dungeon - I quick looted an EVO island and got the 5 EXP from that). OTOH, I get the daily gold from PvP, do 1 10x Great summon/day for the 5 tokens; between that, the Yorick tokens from the tower, plus Honor/Pwnage token purchases and the daily token reward for the 10 Daily Quest reward, I pull about 18-30 tokens/day (probably average around 22), which keeps me well in the 1 token/EXP range.

Initially, I thought it was a great idea to bank as much stamina as possible for a great event. HOwever, I'm finding with only spending 10 stamina/day max (run 1 dungeon to use 2 potions and call a friend to knock out 2 quests, plus if I have to quick loot a dungeon) and beating the tower consistently (Thanks a TON forum!) I have over 1600 stamina banked. That seems, umm, excessive, especially since I didn't even run out of stamina during the dwarf event and I only had 500 or so banked for that AND I did the 2x token runs as well.

Where's the sweet spot for stamina? I've stopped using pwnage points and gems for it, that's for sure. Thoughts?

Comments

• echonapechonap Member
    I've never exceed max stamina for more than a few moments when I accept a reward that puts me over the limit. Then I rapidly quickloot to get back under the threshold.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • Slow leveling has been punished time and time again -- I used to avoid xp, and it helped in certain parts. But now I'm wishing I had hit 70 awhile back so I didn't keep getting smoked by higher lvls.

The only way to level the playing field, is to max level. Otherwise 4+ level higher players will continue to wreck your dungeon.
  • I try to maintain 3000 stamina. I wouldn't recommend banking stamina unless you have most of the essential heroes 6-starred.

Then drop all your stamina on worthwhile events. After ember's event I dropped to ~500 stamina. All my Fire runes are superior.
  • kalamadea wrote: »
    Slow leveling has been punished time and time again -- I used to avoid xp, and it helped in certain parts. But now I'm wishing I had hit 70 awhile back so I didn't keep getting smoked by higher lvls.

The only way to level the playing field, is to max level. Otherwise 4+ level higher players will continue to wreck your dungeon.

So you're advocating going all-in on getting to L70, then because I don't care about Player EXP anymore, run the daily token runs for my main 6-8 heroes? Won't that make the Tower basically impossible, since it scales with player level, not roster strenght? (or is that a fallacy).

@MonkeyHunter - I did that for the Dwarf event and got a bunch of solid runes. Also leveled fast because of it, and stopped for the time being.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Runes matter significantly more than stars, to the point where stars barely matter. If you farmed the fire event for runes, you'd probably come away with enough red runes to clear the tower daily. Especially since tower teams don't have runes themselves. Just load up all your fast heroes with attack. If the opposing floor has a fast hero, bait the AE attack and come back with a fast team.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • echonap wrote: »
    Runes matter significantly more than stars, to the point where stars barely matter. If you farmed the fire event for runes, you'd probably come away with enough red runes to clear the tower daily. Especially since tower teams don't have runes themselves. Just load up all your fast heroes with attack. If the opposing floor has a fast hero, bait the AE attack and come back with a fast team.

Yea, I've run into the situation where I only have 4 "Fast" heroes (Lupina, Shadow, Willow and ..... Rocky I think? Is he fast? Can a mushroom be fast?), so I can't conceivabely 1-shot the entire opposing team, and I routinely have towers with 4-5 MKs. Now that Hopper is out, it's yet another AOE fast special to be concerned about- I lost 7 heroes vs. a MK, Hopper, Furnace, Igorok team, including most of my #1 Goblin team (only Nub survived).

I generally bait as many special attacks as I can with 1 hero, then follow-up with my main team. I got a really nice Attack and Defense Dark Rune from last season, so that's good. Hard to get better runes without going far in the campaing and leveling up to what I would assume would be 40+.
  • echonapechonap Member
    You only need to bait the first one. Then you can send a fast team to take down a fast team.

For example, the floor has BD, Shadow, Willow, Rocky. You can bait BD until she is out of special attacks. Then you send MK, Lupina, Torchy, Shadow.
    1. BD uses basic attack because she is out of specials.
    2. Your MK kills their Shadow before he gets a turn
    3. Your Lupina kills their Willow before she gets a turn
    4. Your Torchy kills their Rocky before she gets a turn
    5. Your Shadow kills their BD before she gets to go again

In the example you gave, with Lupina leading off, you don't even need to bait. Just send MK, Lupina, Torcy, Indigo. Fear don't hurt if the enemy doesn't get a chance to attack.

Really the only ones you should bait are BD and MK. I would just eat the hit for the others. There are so many fast heroes available now that you can clear the tower while losing a fast hero each floor.
    zntCIcd.gif
    You only need to bait the first one. Then you can send a fast team to take down a fast team.

For example, the floor has BD, Shadow, Willow, Rocky. You can bait BD until she is out of special attacks. Then you send MK, Lupina, Torchy, Shadow.
    1. BD uses basic attack because she is out of specials.
    2. Your MK kills their Shadow before he gets a turn
    3. Your Lupina kills their Willow before she gets a turn
    4. Your Torchy kills their Rocky before she gets a turn
    5. Your Shadow kills their BD before she gets to go again

In the example you gave, with Lupina leading off, you don't even need to bait. Just send MK, Lupina, Torcy, Indigo. Fear don't hurt if the enemy doesn't get a chance to attack.

Really the only ones you should bait are BD and MK. I would just eat the hit for the others. There are so many fast heroes available now that you can clear the tower while losing a fast hero each floor.

As a follow-up, the fast heroes only 1-shot with their specials. That means each squad of 4 fast heroes is only going to be able to clear 1 floor of the tower without dying, and there definitely aren't 44 fast heroes (Chromus is lol, so you really only need to clear 11 floors).

I don't have MK, Torchy, Indigo or BD either, so my options are pretty limited.
  • echonapechonap Member
    I don't know who you are missing in your roster. Adjust your strategy accordingly. Just use opposite elements whenever possible.

If runed for attack, you will kill many heroes with your basic attack. Learn your roster and you will figure out when to use specials, when to save them. Also, some fast heroes have AE specials that will clear the entire floor (MK, BD, Hopper). One fast hero regenerates energy for the rest of the team (Indigo).

Finally, you only need to kill fast heroes and the first normal speed hero with your fast heroes. If the team has four normal speed heroes, kill their first normal with your fast hero, and bring three normal heroes to kill the rest. Or bring three fast heroes to kill the first normal with basic attacks, then bring one normal with a strong AE attack to clear the room. Then you can recharge your fast hero energy while not taking any damage.

zntCIcd.gif
    I don't know who you are missing in your roster. Adjust your strategy accordingly. Just use opposite elements whenever possible.

If runed for attack, you will kill many heroes with your basic attack. Learn your roster and you will figure out when to use specials, when to save them. Also, some fast heroes have AE specials that will clear the entire floor (MK, BD, Hopper). One fast hero regenerates energy for the rest of the team (Indigo).

Finally, you only need to kill fast heroes and the first normal speed hero with your fast heroes. If the team has four normal speed heroes, kill their first normal with your fast hero, and bring three normal heroes to kill the rest. Or bring three fast heroes to kill the first normal with basic attacks, then bring one normal with a strong AE attack to clear the room. Then you can recharge your fast hero energy while not taking any damage.

Great advice - thank you! This game is flipping complicated!
  • KangKang Member
    edited April 26
    @xandrew29 basically, slow/stop your leveling until you can clear the tower regularly; then pace your XP gain with your ability to clear the thing daily. If it becomes super-easy, pile on the XP. If it becomes very difficult, throttle.

Many of the people commenting are max level with a fully ascended roster. It may be worthwhile to get a "feel" for when the 5x Evo events will be to start hoarding Stam a week ahead of time. Many holidays have special events, you can search old dev posts to make a guess on what sort of event will be coming. If you like the game, it is worth strategically purchasing stam packs during the rare overly-generous events and eventually getting to VIP 3 (I think?) for the XP potion bonus.