Using Resist Runes

StyxusStyxus Member
How are you using resist runes ? If you do please give some information, what set of runes, targeted resist etc... If you don't, do you wish resist runes were removed, if yes, by what should it be replaced ?

Using Resist Runes 29 votes

I never use Resist Runes
96%
StyxusechonapMonkeyHunterBoneyardseselznickAmmobvs72PardonthegeminiguyBrazykpung07MysteriosXWolfreichZuggeygraddersFatCat69OdindrianWalkinDudeGibasSaate 28 votes
I use Resist runes to buff one single element's resist
0%
I use Resist runes to buff against more than one element
0%
I use Resist runes to buff against all 5 elements
3%
Kacey 1 vote
I use Resist runes on a few heroes (give examples please)
0%
Post edited by Styxus on

Comments

• I never use Resist Runes
    Resist runes will be gone in the next day or two. Trust me, there is nothing here to discuss.
  • StyxusStyxus Member
    I never use Resist Runes
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Resist runes will be gone in the next day or two. Trust me, there is nothing here to discuss.

With a new type of runes ? Based on skill/heal ?
  • I never use Resist Runes
    Just removed. It's a useless attribute and no one uses resist runes.
  • Legendary superior/greater ones that drop from dungeons can be used to boost roster power if you've got more money/essence then crafting materials. Otherwise they are entirely useless.
    centralcommand
  • echonapechonap Member
    I never use Resist Runes
    I made a feedback thread about this a while ago, but they should really combine the resists into one stat so that it would be useful.
  • StyxusStyxus Member
    I never use Resist Runes
    echonap wrote: »
    I made a feedback thread about this a while ago, but they should really combine the resists into one stat so that it would be useful.

I think Def and Dmg reduction already do that more or less, the only perk to resist runes would be to prevent poison/freezing/chill/daze/shock etc. They don't do that do they ?

Actually it may be better to remove resist runes without replacing them, I have been playing for a long time so I'm pretty glad I have a lot of things to do but new players (I tried to get my brother into playing) may feel overwhelmed by the complexity of the game and the money/time required to play.
  • echonapechonap Member
    I never use Resist Runes
    Styxus wrote: »
    I think Def and Dmg reduction already do that more or less, the only perk to resist runes would be to prevent poison/freezing/chill/daze/shock etc. They don't do that do they ?

Each serve their own purpose. DR reduces the damage from all attacks without affecting the ability to resist the status effect. OTOH, resists give you some damage mitigation from elemental attacks (I think), but not from physical attacks, while also giving you a chance to resist the status effect. So, for example, if you have 90% resist, you will take 10% damage from elemental attacks and only be frozen/burned/shocked 10% of the time, but take 100% damage from a regular attack. If you have 90% DR, you will take 10% damage from elemental attacks, take 10% damage from a regular attack, but be frozen/burned/shocked 100% of the time.

However, as it currently stands, since resists are split into each individual element, the tradeoff is too one sided. If they combined resists into one single stat, this would make runing more interesting. There is no optimal build, but instead, each player can choose how to balance between dealing damage, taking damage, and resisting effects.