We are currently in the process of streamlining the Rune system. We fully recognize the impact that even a small change to them can have on players and are running everything by our focus group as we go. The larger portion of the changes are still being tuned (pun intended), but we have some changes that many players have indicated support for and felt that there was no reason to delay their release.
These changes will most likely be implemented at around midday tomorrow, but exact time is subject to change.
- Improve players' experiences with Runes by removing perceived “low value” Resist runes and as a stat on Runes
- Remove Resist Rune type (all tiers, relevant colors) as a Crafting Recipe and as dropped Rewards
- Remove +Resist modifier from all other Rune types (all tiers, relevant colors)
- SKL as a stat on most runes is perceived as “not valuable” - ensuring that Focus rune type is the exclusive avenue for SKL bonus
- Remove +SKL modifier from all Rune types except Focus (SKL primary) Rune type and special Rune types: Tactics and Vampiric
Rune Type Changes
Resist Rune Type and Modifiers
- Fire, Nature, and Light craftable recipes will be reduced by 1 with the removal of Resist rune type
- This means there are only 8 available Rune crafting recipes, rather than 9, available to those three elements
- In addition, there are no SKL bonus options for Dark and Nature – we will evaluate any ongoing need and adjust at a later date.
Focus Rune Type
- Resist Runes no longer drop as rewards in dungeons, portals, grab bags, or other places where runes are randomly determined
- Resist Runes are no longer craftable at any tier
- +Resist (element) modifier will no longer appear as a possibility on any crafted or dropped rune
- Existing Resist Runes are unchanged
- Resist Shards will be unused in crafting recipes for now and are not being converted at this time, but they will not be left in the game as 'dead' materials in the long run. We will be converting them at a later date, and while the exact date and conversion rate have not been finalized, we don't think a delay on the conversion is worth delaying these changes as a whole.
Other Rune Type Changes
- +SKL modifiers will only be a possibility on Focus rune types that are crafted or dropped as Fire, Water, and Light Runes.
- For the 9 common rune types remaining - the number of possible modifiers has been reduced from 5 to 3 for secondary and tertiary bonus modifiers.
- Ex. Power Runes now have +ATK, +CRIT, +DAMAGE% as possible modifiers with +SKL and +DODGE being removed as possibilities.
- Elusive runes have DEF modifier as a new possibility
- Tactics and Vampiric special rune types will continue to have +SKL as a stat type
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment