Impending Rune Changes

2»

Comments

• @Yykkil Good thing I didn't mention you speaking for the community either! We can certainly agree on that.

As for the previous resist (And other stats) changing, I can 100% assure you that they will not for a myriad of logistical reasons.

They are hardly setting precedent with a change like this either. See the below link of the small indie company we've all come to love - Blizzard

https://www.diablowiki.net/Legacy

• @Joel, free rune unequip? :)
  • Whoa, precisions runes no longer have dmg as a secondary trait? The available secondaries are now crit, attack and dodge? Really wish you would've announced that. I would not have waited to make precisions. I'm glad skill is gone but now the precisions you can make from here on out are strictly worse then what you could've made before this update.
    centralcommand
  • The precision change is an error as dodge shouldn't exist as a secondary. I wonder how long it will take them to fix this one...
  • MysteriosX wrote: »
    The precision change is an error as dodge shouldn't exist as a secondary. I wonder how long it will take them to fix this one...

I do not believe the changes to Precision Runes was an error. No where in the patch notes does it say dodge shouldn't exist as a secondary. Dodge is a critical secondary trait on Precision runes used by Black Diamond, Aria, Torchy, Shadowblade, Willow and many others.
  • Eej said something about it in the summits some time ago.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Joel wrote: »
    Other Rune Type Changes
    • For the 9 common rune types remaining - the number of possible modifiers has been reduced from 5 to 3 for secondary and tertiary bonus modifiers.

Here are the specific breakdowns:

v6ngun7597ae.png
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • EejEej Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    To clarify - Dodge was always a trait on precision - with the reduction to three bonus possibilities per Rune Type - Damage% and Skill were removed.

This change was made because +Dodge is now only available on Elusive and Precision runes.

Joel is posting the updated table to better describe the changes from 5 traits possible to 3.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited April 26
    I would like to remind everyone that +Dodge is available on Soul Stealer runes as well which is a rune recipe for both water and light so the above is not entirely accurate.

I would agree with Jax that Damage % should have stayed and Dodge removed.
  • I actually find dodge very important on Precision and I think it would be a bigger impact to the community not having that available. But Precision Runes with Damage % are basically 21.1% more powerful than those without. Which ever path you go with, those who have either of these rune types today will be at an advantage.
  • I actually find dodge very important on Precision and I think it would be a bigger impact to the community not having that available. But Precision Runes with Damage % are basically 21.1% more powerful than those without. Which ever path you go with, those who have either of these rune types today will be at an advantage.

I am curious which heroes you have precision on specifically looking for dodge? I used Soul Stealer runes on Aria for dodge. Perhaps Yoko? Actually needing dodge is very niche. Otherwise dodge is often just a 2-3% probability your opponent randomly loses instead of a flat power gain in 100% of your matches.
  • snip

/drool

• MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited April 26
    Well perhaps the answer is to simply make an exception for precision to have 4 options, or create another rune type. Valid point that dodge is still useful (Though I still think very niche).
  • I like everything having three secondary options. Reduced rng is what we've been asking for
  • Thank you guys so MUCH. This is an amazing change. It levels the playing field for me significantly. Great job.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited April 26
    Good to hear this worst of rune bonuses is going.

I raised a 2* Superior Heroic Elusive Rune to level 30 today, just for kicks, and the Dark Resist (2nd stat) topped out at 2.69%. When a stat only benefits you 20% of the time it needs to be a much, much bigger number.

Resist is perceived as useless because it is 80% of the time, and even when it is useful it is far less useful then defense, dodge or health in terms of keeping the hero alive.

Thank you for recognizing and removing the elephant in the room.
  • Can you bring back the repeatable 25% gem return quest? It would be great coupled with these rune changes
  • PardonPardon Member
    A very good innovation as the resistance were not "perceived" of low value they were almost useless as the % was ridiculous so crafting is less a "slot machine" with some trash content.
    When you will have changed the improving system the crafting system will be finally fixed :-)
  • Joel wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Hey Joel, it would be greatly appreciated if you posted the new update info in one place. Your "Announcements" section of the forum covers updates. It would be much more efficient for the players to always look in one place instead of every board for new updates.
  • Lork_BaxxLork_Baxx Member
    Very well!
    I like this large step in the right direction.

Here are some points I would add to the To Do list, discussed elsewhere:
    - Improve the rune tuning system
    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/55070/suggestion-on-how-to-improve-the-rune-tuning-system
    - Make PVP runes (champion runes) craftable
    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/55078/pvp-runes-champion-runes-make-them-craftable
    - Revise Insight/Thought runes
    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/55079/revise-insight-thought-runes
    - Rune Balance (PVP-PVE-GG)
    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/55080/rune-balance-pvp-pve-gg
    - Introduce rune skins
    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/55081/introduce-rune-skins

1304054?gid=
2»