Fix this please

Yeah, I a attacked Bauble with nearly every attack these 3 had including epic attacks, no damage, this has been an issue for months now I believe, can this please be fixed? It's annoying and discerning, thanks ybmbjvincxmg.png

Comments

• It isn't a bug, unfortunately. Runes, armored, flying, and furnace passive DR can stack such that he has essentially 100% reduced damage from physical attacks.

That said, it has been months since they acknowledged that maybe stacking should be capped at something below 100%. Not sure why it's taken so long to do so. Most pvpers have adapted by now and take a hero that can kill bauble/Emily. But it would be nice to remove that requirement and maybe open up even more possible team combinations.
  • ZWendyZWendy Member
    Once furnace and anyone else providing those passives are dead, does the boost they provide go away?
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
    The Tatar Squad
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited April 26
    No. Passive boosts remain in place even if the hero providing them is dead.

What I haven't ever looked at and would be interesting...do passive buffs go away if a hero is feared off the map or corpse is eaten by hopper/Leo?
  • Passives remain after death. The game definitely would be different if this weren't the case! (It would almost certainly be much more difficult and RNG feeling).

I have a feeling they don't want to reduce the pvp damage reduction cap until they fix attack damage calculation. Even a 5% reduction will suddenly lead to Emily's being one shot instead of taking zero damage because of how insanely damage scales right now. Bauble can be countered through numerous methods. Furnace can kill him with his first ability, Koros kills him, Viperia + Lily destroys him. There are plenty of others, but those are the most common methods.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Some passives remain, some do not. For example, Ember heals at the end of each turn if she is alive, but once she dies, no more.

Furnace's passive stays after he is dead.
    The Empire is recruiting.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited April 26
    echonap wrote: »
    Some passives remain, some do not. For example, Ember heals at the end of each turn if she is alive, but once she dies, no more.

Furnace's passive stays after he is dead.

Heh I suppose I should have clarified. Ember's passive going away when she dies seems obvious since she actually casts the heal >.< Hopper's passive goes away when he does as well since he actually eats the body.

Clarification: Raw damage/defense passives remain upon hero death.

@Skip_Holmes To answer your question - Yes the passive remains. At least it remains if they run from fear or are eaten by Leo. I assume Hopper's passive would work exactly the same.
  • Actually, if the hero is removed from play (e.g. via fear, hopper/leo destroying the corpse), I'm fairly certain the passives go with them. But as you say, the more 'active' passives (e.g. Ember and Yasmin's heals, Hopper's corpse pouncing) cease to function upon death. In fact, Hoppy Ending will even stop while Hopper is frozen, but resumes once he thaws.
  • At this point I think most players have the dr Emily/bob the birds figured out. There are many counters, a few listed above by @MattCauthron. At this point it is better for the game to leave dr as is than to change it even a little. Not sure if attack will ever be able to be reigned in. Pretty sure that ship has sailed.
  • Actually, if the hero is removed from play (e.g. via fear, hopper/leo destroying the corpse), I'm fairly certain the passives go with them. But as you say, the more 'active' passives (e.g. Ember and Yasmin's heals, Hopper's corpse pouncing) cease to function upon death. In fact, Hoppy Ending will even stop while Hopper is frozen, but resumes once he thaws.

What makes you say this? When Cobressa runs away, Viperia still gets crit buff. When Lily runs away, Viperia still gets armored damage buff. If Kai runs away, you still get the 25% resistance passive.
  • I THINK (not certain, because it was a while ago) I've had Krexx get feared away and then had the snakes get frozen.

If Cobressa runs away, how do you know her buff stays? Bonus crit chance isn't a perceptable buff. Lily's buff would be a good example however.
  • KaceyKacey Member
    I THINK (not certain, because it was a while ago) I've had Krexx get feared away and then had the snakes get frozen.

If Cobressa runs away, how do you know her buff stays? Bonus crit chance isn't a perceptable buff. Lily's buff would be a good example however.

Some passives remain, some don't. Things that need to remain permanent for the dungeon e.g Heart passives, Furnace's Dwarven Forged Team etc. will remain.

There are however others such as Yasmin and Ember's passive turn heal that do not persist after their death.

Stat-altering passives remain post death of the passive holder. Ability passives don't.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • We're not talking about post-death, we're talking about post hero removal (feared off the screen, corpse burned by Leo, stomped by Hopper, etc).
  • f8lc1czbhq4e.png

The passives remain post removal from the battle. Here VIP remained immune to freeze after krexx had been devoured by the non-ordinary rabbit.
  • Interesting. I'm not trying to be argumentative, as I said, I'm not at all certain of my experience. I'm just trying to make sure we have all the facts. So I have to ask, did you get a message saying she was immune to freeze? Or no message at all. If the latter, it means she resisted rather than was immune due to the passive. Resist fly offs were removed from the game not long ago, so it's easy to miss it when that happens.
  • Interesting. I'm not trying to be argumentative, as I said, I'm not at all certain of my experience. I'm just trying to make sure we have all the facts. So I have to ask, did you get a message saying she was immune to freeze? Or no message at all. If the latter, it means she resisted rather than was immune due to the passive. Resist fly offs were removed from the game not long ago, so it's easy to miss it when that happens.

I wondered the same thing, she was still immune.

au84ijc9ob4z.png
  • Got it. Thank you. So question answered (unless there are corner cases or bugs, which NEVER happen in this game). :)
  • Sorry to necro a month old post but this came up in a chat today...I always kind of assumed since body removal alteras turn order (aka that hero is no longer present in the system) then the heros passive buffs should leave too. But it seems this is not the case...so I'll ask this question is this fair that removing the body helps the team where the died by bumping hero order and leaving passives? I feel it should be no order bump and passives stay, or order bump and passives leave.
  • danacdanac Member
    I think this was the thread that I was thinking about when I posted a new thread that confirmed feared heroes' passives remain in effect.
    In case there was still some question on that.