Can we at least call this garbage rune a different name?

I need to know if my opponents are sporting a real green champion rune or this piece of hot garbage when I check them out in the PVP window:
8j1kx51pxbjj.png

At least we get a break after that crazy season.
centralcommand

Comments

• AnûbisAnûbis Member
    Or just show the rune stats pre battle with 4th stats works even better... but what do I know.
  • If Attack Attack Defense 5 Star Superior Legendary runes are garbage, please let me take out your trash! I'll meet you at the trade portal. You can even keep the 4th stat XD
  • nunyanunya Member
    @CentralCommand vacation week. :)
    nunya
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I would kill for a Rune that good!
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Seriously. Season of Might!!! Bad tokens, bad rune ... "might" be a good season to skip.

+1 on renaming the rune. How about Rune of Honor. As in Honorable mention, not as good as Champion.
  • If Attack Attack Defense 5 Star Superior Legendary runes are garbage, please let me take out your trash! I'll meet you at the trade portal. You can even keep the 4th stat XD
    It wasn't particularly difficult before to craft Attack, Attack, %Dmg power runes. And now without skill or dodge as options it's even easier. And I would take a standard power rune with those 3 attributes over this rune any day of the week.

I mean sure, if I bother to make top 100 this week I'm not going to salvage this. But pretty certain it'll just go on a PVE hero to help one of my autorun teams. This would never go on one my actual PVP guys. Not powerful enough for the attack heroes, not defensive enough for the support heroes. Somewhere lost in the middle.
    centralcommand
    It wasn't particularly difficult before to craft Attack, Attack, %Dmg power runes. And now without skill or dodge as options it's even easier. And I would take a standard power rune with those 3 attributes over this rune any day of the week.

I mean sure, if I bother to make top 100 this week I'm not going to salvage this. But pretty certain it'll just go on a PVE hero to help one of my autorun teams. This would never go on one my actual PVP guys. Not powerful enough for the attack heroes, not defensive enough for the support heroes. Somewhere lost in the middle.

Your runes are significantly better than mine then :( I still use many greater heroic runes... I also love what the defense stat does for survivability as the first few points of defense give the largest increase in "EHP" gain.
  • edited April 26
    If Attack Attack Defense 5 Star Superior Legendary runes are garbage, please let me take out your trash! I'll meet you at the trade portal. You can even keep the 4th stat XD

Your runes are significantly better than mine then :( I still use many greater heroic runes... I also love what the defense stat does for survivability as the first few points of defense give the largest increase in "EHP" gain.
    You're not wrong, the problem is the % dmg is absolutely crucial. The support heroes you face in PVP on the hard teams that actually make you pause are loaded with dmg reduction. There's only two ways to bust through that:
    1. Damage multipliers
    2. Shock their attack hero and use him against them
    It's nice when #2 happens but most of the time you are relying on #1. Every bit of damage increase matters in those cases. Yea it's nice if my attack hero lives through their fasts (sometimes, unless their survival means shade causes them to flee in fear, ugh). But if my choice is between them surviving and them actually being able to do what I need them to do (kill everyone), I'm definitely choosing the latter.

Because of that if it came down to it I would almost surely use a 5* heroic superior power with attack, attack and %dmg over this in PVP. Which is convenient since my crafting never seems to go legendary *sigh*
    centralcommand
  • Awww, poor fella
    SNARF!
  • @CentralCommand

I think it just depends on the hero's role. Damage % is amazing on someone like furnace (I've been loving my champion reds on him against Emily). It's less necessary on someone like Viperia who you bring along with Lily nullifying the need for that edge. This rune might actually be great on Viperia for defense if you found yourself losing most often to shades one shotting your Viperia.

My point being that though Attack/Attack/Damage is almost certainly best for most heroes, this rune could still have niche uses. And for the majority of players (Myself included) it's a straight upgrade from almost any attack attack x greater heroic rune I'm using due how how valuable attack is in the current forumla.

Hence "garbage tier" seems strong when that would make 95% of my runes garbage tier as well :( Which I suppose they may be to you.

Anyways, totally get your point. I'm just saying personally I will happily take this (Assuming the grind is considerably less than last week!)

• Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited April 26
    I'm with Matt that the rune isn't that bad, though is worse than the other top 100 rewards have been.

I think the OP still stands on merit though...it's going to kind of suck when you look at an opponent and can't tell if their hero has a little bit more defense and that's it, or a little bit more defense PLUS a massive PvP dmg bonus. A different name for each wouldn't hurt.
  • @Joel @Eej Shall we see a mid-season change on the top100 rune again like last purple champion rune?? please make the change as early as possible so i could adjust my timetable accordingly. Skipping this tourney at the moment.
  • I'm worried about the same. I've decided to skip this season for the first time. But if they do the rune switcheroo ... it's going to suck to catch back up.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    It's a good season to ignore streaks and loses and play around with different combinations of heroes.
  • @bvs72 try this new combo rogar yasmin stone fist willow..this is solution for highest streaks
    “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!”
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @HilfyFluffy - Thanks, I will. My comment was only to explain all my loses.