Hero sorting...

Please implement some kind of sorting option or worst - at least sort the list by some measure of logic: Hero Power or Upgrades
IGN & Line: N00BST4R
Mauling Ogres Lv70

Comments

• RexobRexob Member
    Honestly - if my list wasn't changing dynamically in a random fashion I wouldn't mind, but after hitting 70 all of my "best" heroes went from the very top to rows 3 & 4...
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • Seriously, it's one thing to get eye pounded with all the offer to buy things, how about a hero sorting opting that doesn't require constant scrolling.

It was worst when there was a bad **** lag when selecting or switching from char to char.

You guys who make the game like buttons/tabs so much make a tab that can cycle through stars and tokens and additional tabs that sort out the chars by fire/light/dark​/etc.

There is nothing like wasting time finding the chars you need to work on and get tokens/etc. for when scrolling when all they are sorted by is stars or unclaimed chars.

The game is good and I play every day but it's like a hot girl with a unibrow, everything looks good until you get that that spot that gives you the shivers everytime you have to look at it, but you have no choice to deal with cuz you've invested too much time and Mony to walk away.

So plz wax your **** unibrow of a heros section, now plz, or at least acknowledge the issue is understood and going to being worked on.
  • The story we've been told is that the current code makes sorting on the hero selection screen extremely difficult. I don't get that but disputing it gets us nowhere so let's accept that story for the time being. Given that hero sorting is out of scope for the forseeable future, I still don't get why we can't get other quality of life improvements. For instance:
    • Let me long press a selected hero and drag them around within the lineup. So if I want to flip around koros and emily in my lineup I don't need to remove koros and go back to the horrible hero selection mess to try and track down koros again.
    • Let me save teams. There's like maybe 5 teams I use for PVE, 2 teams I use for tower, and maybe 5-6 I use in PVP. Give me a way to save teams for easy selection and reuse and I'll rarely have to go back to the hero selection menu again.
    • Filtering options. There are already levels in the game where all my green/red/goblin/warrior/etc. type heroes float to the top and all the rest become greyed out. Give us access to that. Add buttons or something on the top that let users choose a type of hero and filter the hero selection menu to that type of hero by greying out all the others in the same way. Then on those special levels where you can only pick goblins or whatever you can just pre-select gobbos from the filtering options and disable the user's ability to change it.

All three of these would make our lives much easier and none involve changing the sorting algorithm. Are all of these also too difficult? Hero selection is a core part of like everything in this game. It's absolutely insane that it is godawful and we've had zero improvements in that area.
    centralcommand
  • The story we've been told is that the current code makes sorting on the hero selection screen extremely difficult. I don't get that but disputing it gets us nowhere so let's accept that story for the time being. Given that hero sorting is out of scope for the forseeable future, I still don't get why we can't get other quality of life improvements. For instance:
    • Let me long press a selected hero and drag them around within the lineup. So if I want to flip around koros and emily in my lineup I don't need to remove koros and go back to the horrible hero selection mess to try and track down koros again.
    • Let me save teams. There's like maybe 5 teams I use for PVE, 2 teams I use for tower, and maybe 5-6 I use in PVP. Give me a way to save teams for easy selection and reuse and I'll rarely have to go back to the hero selection menu again.
    • Filtering options. There are already levels in the game where all my green/red/goblin/warrior/etc. type heroes float to the top and all the rest become greyed out. Give us access to that. Add buttons or something on the top that let users choose a type of hero and filter the hero selection menu to that type of hero by greying out all the others in the same way. Then on those special levels where you can only pick goblins or whatever you can just pre-select gobbos from the filtering options and disable the user's ability to change it.

All three of these would make our lives much easier and none involve changing the sorting algorithm. Are all of these also too difficult? Hero selection is a core part of like everything in this game. It's absolutely insane that it is godawful and we've had zero improvements in that area.

Totally agree with this. I even made a thread about it a long time ago. It'd be so helpful if I could just do what you wrote and switch heroes around in the line up. It'd be very similar to how you can move apps/icons in iOS (and probably android as well).

This would be a HUGE quality of life change in the game as I sometimes I only need to change out Emily for Zen, or put Kobal first, etc.

@Joel @Eej please make this happen!
  • RexobRexob Member
    Honestly - if my list was in some logical order: Star upgrades / Epics / Power I'd be content, but having my Epic, most powerful and typically used heroes in the middle of my list is annoying.
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • phoxterphoxter Member
    I got the epic for Augustus and of course the order of all my toons changed, again. This is getting real old.
  • oredithoredith Member
    i honestly spent over 60 seconds (sounds short, until you actually count out 60 seconds looking at the screen) looking for Dagrund.

getting all my low use/not used heroes to 70 was one of my worst decisions ever with regards to hero sorting.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything