Rune War: Elves vs. Ogres!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
z8pelgy6k59j.png

Ogres have broken the woodland alliance in order to consolidate Rune power and usher in an era of Ogre dominance! Ever the diplomats, the Elves are giving chase to subdue the Ogres and bring them back into the fold... but Lady Nimriel and Daeris are out of their depth by themselves. They beseech Willow and Indigo, adventuresses revealed to be distant kin, to join their mission to save the woodland alliance and normalize Rune power. Though initially resistant to acknowledge their Elven blood and join their cousins in this mission to reunite the Ogres to the Woodland Alliance, Willow is convinced to take on this mission and embrace Elfhood, facing the Ogres with determination.

You read that right: Willow and Indigo are now classified as Elves! This classification will remain after the event ends.

In addition, all Elves are getting a special passive that is only for this event that will reduce the amount of damage they take when an enemy lands a critical hit.

This is a seven-day event and we will be adding at least one new quest EVERY DAY! Log in to see what quests have been added and follow the story as the Elves try to knock some sense into the Ogres!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• kalamadeakalamadea Member
    Excellent -- I have been hoping Willow and Indigo would join the Elf group... now just need a legendary Elven leader to unite them all!
  • seanluckyseanlucky Member
    Unexpected elf expansion! Time for an unexpected legendary elf leader already ;)
  • Legendary Elf leader would be awesome!
  • All rise for Legendary Elf! :smiley:
    Crimson's Links: DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum
    IGN: CrimsonKid
  • Hopefully we'll see a new ogre or elf hero! Or atleast elf synergies! I'd like to see enough of these two types of heroes that we'll be able to have more Elf vs. Ogre events in the future, just like Dwarve
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    edited May 1
    Event dungeons drop superior runes! Woot, good to have that back.
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Can we get Medal of Honors added to the event shop too?
  • FilthygoonFilthygoon Member
    Oof, is it bad that I actually thought willow was already classified as an elf ever since I started?
  • I'm glad that all of the archers are elves now, but it's time to make a male elf to go with them!
    Also, as a company you guys really need to work on having an actual story for your game. There's so much potential with all of the cool characters but the small bit of story falls on its face.
  • echonapechonap Member
    There is one elf of each element except light. I'm predicting a legendary light elf king.

elrond-300x237.jpg
    The Empire is recruiting.
  • li30li30 Member
    @Joel will these quests last till the event ends or they expire daily ?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Man, a legendary Light element Elf King would sure be good right about now, wouldn't it, you guys?

It would be like, the best thing ever if that happened!
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    li30 wrote: »

No expiration!
  • have a feeling that a new op elf hero that is fast and can do more damage than masuta and has an epic will come out.
    and daeris will get epic and a huge buff
    He who calls the Golem a troll card will not be in the clan of Starley Inc.

yes, me Clash Royale addict
    edited May 1
    NateDoge wrote: »

@NateDoge Are you seeing a different event dungeon? I see "Something's Missing (E)" with level 67-68 mobs. But the only rewards are Greater runes.

I'm lvl 68 FYI
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    edited May 1
    kalamadea wrote: »

@NateDoge Are you seeing a different event dungeon? I see "Something's Missing (E)" with level 67-68 mobs. But the only rewards are Greater runes.

I'm lvl 68 FYI

I'm 70, so IDK if its different for you guys. It shows III and IV rune drops. It's the same dungeon you see.
  • oredithoredith Member
    i would laugh out loud if the new elf hero is the MK counter, with vengeance on crit passive like a bunch of the bosses / mobs, with add stat that vengeance can not be dodged.. :P
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
    kalamadea wrote: »

I'm lvl 68 FYI

I'm 70, so IDK if its different for you guys. It shows III and IV rune drops. It's the same dungeon you see.

@Joel @Eej Any chance you could open up the rune rewards to lvl 66-70 players?
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    oredith wrote: »
    i would laugh out loud if the new elf hero is the MK counter, with vengeance on crit passive like a bunch of the bosses / mobs, with add stat that vengeance can not be dodged.. :P

Whatever the new hero is, you can bet it'll be fast. That's the only trait DB knows how to pump out nowadays :P
  • oredithoredith Member
    Joel wrote: »
    li30 wrote: »

No expiration!
    This is comforting, but the language on the quest is kinda ominous to me in that regard.

[Broken Alliance - Day 1]
    Complete all of Today's Event Quests.

there's the implication that it's limited to completion on the day of?

can you please confirm that the "bonus" completion for the day quests will carry on also, not just the individual quests?

or is this one of the quest sequences where day 2 will not unlock until day 1 is complete? which would work for me as well. . . . . . as long as there's no Jerry's the best, the best, the best.... -_-

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @oredith The quests are referring to completing all of the respective day's quests, they will not expire either.
  • oredithoredith Member
    @oredith The quests are referring to completing all of the respective day's quests, they will not expire either.
    awesome! glad to hear that, since I already ran of today's gold islands, the collect 1m quest is kinda irritating. it's good to know that I can just complete those tomorrow.

That's a fair ability to give a hero. I like it.
    awesome! glad to hear that, since I already ran of today's gold islands, the collect 1m quest is kinda irritating. it's good to know that I can just complete those tomorrow.

I don't think I've ever seen a quest that's released at 3pm CST expire at 12am CST that night. It usually is available at least till 3pm CST the following day.

Also, depending on your PvP standing, the daily chest also counts. I got 650K from my chest that counted towards it.
    Question, when you said "Up to 50 tokens for each Elf and Ogre hero", do you mean it's possible for us to get 50 tokens for every hero under the Ogre and Elf classification, or 50 tokens for only one of them?

I ask because above that it says "Choose rewards", obviously if we could get 50 tokens for all the heroes, it wouldn't really be choosing, would it? My bad if you just meant that we could choose between the tokens, the other items in the shop, or a mix of both.
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Zombie8uZombie8u Member
    Question, when you said "Up to 50 tokens for each Elf and Ogre hero", do you mean it's possible for us to get 50 tokens for every hero under the Ogre and Elf classification, or 50 tokens for only one of them?

I ask because above that it says "Choose rewards", obviously if we could get 50 tokens for all the heroes, it wouldn't really be choosing, would it? My bad if you just meant that we could choose between the tokens, the other items in the shop, or a mix of both.

I think they mean that every ogre and elf will be in the event shop and you can buy up to 50 tokens for each one. Kind of hard for me to say for sure as i already have them 6* so they are not in the shop.
    Zombie8u wrote: »

I think they mean that every ogre and elf will be in the event shop and you can buy up to 50 tokens for each one. Kind of hard for me to say for sure as i already have them 6* so they are not in the shop.

Oh! Hey, since you have them 6*, what are Grog's and Daeris' 6* stats without runes? Obviously if you have them runed don't take your runes off, you could just read them off and list em here, no screenshots needed. I'm curious!