Rune War: Elves vs. Ogres!

Comments

• sir_m1kesir_m1ke Member
    For me the 7-stam dungeon is more efficient- the sheer volume of mats that is dropping in a single go is very good value per stamina spent

Conversely the 5-stam dungeon is only dropping a single rune a go which you can get from any of the boss mode dungeons after this event is finished
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    sir_m1ke wrote: »
    For me the 7-stam dungeon is more efficient- the sheer volume of mats that is dropping in a single go is very good value per stamina spent

Conversely the 5-stam dungeon is only dropping a single rune a go which you can get from any of the boss mode dungeons after this event is finished

Agreed, but the 5-stam gives 1 rune every time, and it can be superior. Also, this really helps getting tickets from the repeatable quest.
    (Kind of just playing devil's advocate here)
  • echonapechonap Member

The last few events have given so many mats. The only ones I need are silver, mandrake root, and monkshood, and none of these drop in the M dungeon.

On the other hand, the E dungeon guarantees greater or superior rune. This equates to tickets which can be used in the shop to buy mats, tokens, totems, etc. In addition, you can get superior shards from salvaging. The two scarcest resources at end game are superior shards and totems. This dungeon gives both. Icing on the cake is 5 energy vs 7 energy.

No contest. E dungeon for me.
    The Empire is recruiting.
  • Zombie8uZombie8u Member
    echonap wrote: »

The last few events have given so many mats. The only ones I need are silver, mandrake root, and monkshood, and none of these drop in the M dungeon.

I am out of those stupid little materials too. I hate that I am unable to craft a superior rune because such low level materials are required. You have to go back to normal mode and waste stamina there. Can't think of another game where you have to go back to the beginning to farm materials for endgame crafting. I am sure there are games out there, but none come to mind.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Zombie8u wrote: »
    echonap wrote: »

I am out of those stupid little materials too. I hate that I am unable to craft a superior rune because such low level materials are required. You have to go back to normal mode and waste stamina there. Can't think of another game where you have to go back to the beginning to farm materials for endgame crafting. I am sure there are games out there, but none come to mind.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad system. This way, every material is relevant, so on the chance you complete a quest that gives easy mode materials, you haven't totally wasted your time.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • WolfreichWolfreich Member
    The problem, IMO, is with people who where at or near max level when Runes / Epics where introduced, we have no need for "lesser" dungeon runs except for mats, where as lower level or new players will gain materials whilst gaining tokens, completing campaign dungeons, etc. So for those players (lower level) they just accumulate these things as they go on. I hate low level mats, crystals, mandrake, sliver, gold are things I always lack (the last few events helped the problem I had with Pyre Embers and brimstone). I have max tomes so those are not a problem, I get angry every time the loading hint pops up about Tomes being only available in boss mode and how important they are for high level.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited May 5
    It's actually not a bad system in that you start out needing those Normal Mode mats for Lesser Runes, and then you move on to needing the mats from Challenge Mode for Improved Runes, and ultimately, you end up needing both for Greaters and Epic upgrades.

I'm not terribly concerned about the plants as they can be effectively farmed even at 1x as the levels will dump up to 6x of each plant per run. The crystals are a little more problematic as they aren't as plentiful.

I think Boss Mode would become a little more relevant if they fixed the drops there. It's a waste to have to farm Normal Mode when Boss Mode drops the same materials but most Boss Mode runs are pure crap because the drop rate is so high for the absolutely pointless Tomes. There really is no reason to have them dropping as many tomes and so few materials.
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    It's actually not a bad system in that you start out needing those Normal Mode mats for Lesser Runes, and then you move on to needing the mats from Challenge Mode for Improved Runes, and ultimately, you end up needing both for Greaters and Epic upgrades.

I'm not terribly concerned about the plants as they can be effectively farmed even at 1x as the levels will dump up to 6x of each plant per run. The crystals are a little more problematic as they aren't as plentiful.

I think Boss Mode would become a little more relevant if they fixed the drops there. It's a waste to have to farm Normal Mode when Boss Mode drops the same materials but most Boss Mode runs are pure crap because the drop rate is so high for the absolutely pointless Tomes. There really is no reason to have them dropping as many tomes and so few materials.

Sadly, I don't see how they could fix this problem. Obviously they could fix it by putting normal/challenge mode materials in boss mode chests, but then the Element Islands would become totally pointless besides Totems. Also, it would make it way too easy to farm materials. Remember they do need to make a profit somehow, and awarding players materials (and by extent, runes) with such ease, they would lose out on players willing to buy rune grab bags or gems to buy materials.

However, I think one change that they could do that wouldn't be too detrimental would be to make Totems drop at a 100% rate, quick loot or manual run. I get how wasting keys and not getting anything in return helps them make money because people will buy... stamina packs? I guess?... to get more keys, but since it costs 8 keys anyways, and since it takes hundreds of totems to max ONE epic (keep in mind it takes totems from other islands as well), I don't think it would hurt to make totems more of a guarantee.
    Make Totem drops 100% at the very least for Manual runs.

I have 6 heroes at Max epic. I only need to bring 8 heroes up from 11 to Max, and another 8 from Epic Level 10 to Max, and I still only have 403 of the 2240 totems required to do so. They can afford to be a bit more generous with the totems, especially as we get more and more epics as time goes along.
  • edited May 5
    h6p3eub370va.jpg
    Please change guild rewards back to gems so i can have the gems required to complete this rune tuning quest and still pvp.
    centralcommand
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    h6p3eub370va.jpg
    Please change guild rewards back to gems so i can have the gems required to complete this rune tuning quest and still pvp.

It takes 50 gems if you do it on 10 different lesser runes 10 times
  • Alecat97Alecat97 Member
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    h6p3eub370va.jpg

It takes 50 gems even if you do it on the same rune(or 2 if that rune go to legendary quickly)
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    h6p3eub370va.jpg

Do not waste your mats and craft 10 DIFFERENT lesser runes. At lesser, each tune is a constant 5 gems, so just keep tuning till you hit 10, or like AleCat said, 2 runes if you hit legendary on your first one.
  • Zombie8uZombie8u Member
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    h6p3eub370va.jpg

Do not waste your mats and craft 10 DIFFERENT lesser runes. At lesser, each tune is a constant 5 gems, so just keep tuning till you hit 10, or like AleCat said, 2 runes if you hit legendary on your first one.

Make those red and purple tactics while you're at it. That way if you get lucky and find a 10% pvp damage reduction fourth stat it might not be a total waste. :wink:
  • Alecat97Alecat97 Member
    edited May 5
    h6p3eub370va.jpg

Make those red and purple tactics while you're at it. That way if you get lucky and find a 10% pvp damage reduction fourth stat it might not be a total waste. :wink:

I found 5% pvp dmg reduction two times
    u3xigs40f3l0.jpg

• edited May 5
    h6p3eub370va.jpg

This is almost certainly what I'll end up doing. Its just the point. Even though there is a chance ill make use of the lesser tactics, i wouldnt be crafting it if there was no quest. Therefore it feels like a waste of resources to me.

But i digress. The point was really the guild rewards. A couple weeks ago i could craft one (or two if i was lucky tuning) superiors a week and pvp hard. I wouldve waited until monday, made the rune i actually wanted, and gotten this quest at the same time. Now i basically can only craft if i take a season off.

But at least my summon stockpile is rebuilding... :/
    centralcommand
  • heelerheeler Member
    Reading the comments, it makes me sad to see people saying that a group of female heroes "needs" a male hero, and especially a male leader, to make them complete. I never see anyone saying that more females are needed, despite the fact that they are still in the minority, or that an all-male band of synergistic heroes is incomplete. I hope that this group of elves stays all female and that a new Legendary leader is also female. Would be great to see more synergies here as well.
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited May 5
    heeler wrote: »
    Reading the comments, it makes me sad to see people saying that a group of female heroes "needs" a male hero, and especially a male leader, to make them complete. I never see anyone saying that more females are needed, despite the fact that they are still in the minority, or that an all-male band of synergistic heroes is incomplete. I hope that this group of elves stays all female and that a new Legendary leader is also female. Would be great to see more synergies here as well.

Male or female, don't care. Just the idea of a Legendary Elf leader sounds good to me. Only reason it would be a guy is to break up the current "all female team" -- Hell, make the leader a female tank, then make an elven male healer or something. Throw out all the gender norms! It's all good!

Make Yasmin an Elf while we're at it. She could be hiding some pointy ears under that white hat...

Astrid is a Female tank, Zen is a male healer, so that gendered roles isn't a thing. I think that a female elf leader (legendary) would be great (all female elves, all male ogres). Or better Yet a female and male Elven Ogre hybrid!!!
    @Zombie8u Yup seems like the easiest thing i mean she is the shadow queen.
  • I have a question for the blue guys... Why does the event dungeon give out Greater Runes for a lvl 66 like me and superior for the lvl 70's in my guild? I have to compete with lvl70's in pvp so why the barrier in the last 4 levels? Thanks in advance for your time!
    Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
    Dude! Time to level up! ;)

They're crap runes/salvage fodder for the most part, so don't feel like you're missing out on much. I'm surprised the limit isn't lower, but it is what it is.
  • I'm doing the best I can, all the missing in PvP due to the level difference made it clear to me already! But I do appreciate the advice good person!
    edited May 6
    heeler wrote: »

I think when people said we 'need' a male, light, legendary elf leader, what they meant is that it would be nice to have:
    - A male elf
    - An Elf leader
    - A legendary elf
    - A Light element elf
    And for convenience, it would be nice if one hero could cover all that.

I wish all female elves didn't use bows and make suggestive noises when I passed them in my hero roster. But apparently that's how things are.

I for one would like all the aforementioned traits for a new elf hero, but I don't think they all have to be in one hero. I think the elf leader should be female, but not use a bow. It actually wouldn't even make sense to have a male Elf leader with Daeris on the team, since her entire clan hunts men.
    Wolfreich wrote: »
    Astrid is a Female tank, Zen is a male healer, so that gendered roles isn't a thing. I think that a female elf leader (legendary) would be great (all female elves, all male ogres). Or better Yet a female and male Elven Ogre hybrid!!!

I'd honestly be mad that MOST of the Tanks in this game are male and MOST of the females are either using bows or healing, but I'm not going to since they're just block people... not really much sex appeal there. I guess the hero card art is a bit more detailed, but... meh. There's certainly other games that are much worse. Like League of Legends...
  • I just had a bright moment I want to share, how about a slow yellow Male fairy/pixie with a crossbow? Diversity would be secure with that! I could also just shut my pie hole...
    Am I missing something about the new dungeon? 10 Stamina for a Greater / Superior rune.. almost like the one for 5 stamina...

• kalamadea wrote: »
    Am I missing something about the new dungeon? 10 Stamina for a Greater / Superior rune.. almost like the one for 5 stamina...

I have to imagine it has better drops. I ran it maybe 10 times and didn't say anything below rare.

It would take some real data to know if the "average" was better, but from a logistics standpoint it should be.
    I have a question for the blue guys... Why does the event dungeon give out Greater Runes for a lvl 66 like me and superior for the lvl 70's in my guild? I have to compete with lvl70's in pvp so why the barrier in the last 4 levels? Thanks in advance for your time!

Level 69.

I was 68 when the event started and it only dropped Greaters. I hit lvl 69 and now I see Superiors in the list. But I don't disagree (I actually asked the same question when it started).

I can clear legendary dungeons and get Superiors, why aren't lvl 65+ able to get Superior drops. Don't know the answer, but I can tell you the level cutoff - 69.