MK hasted before anyone attacks

Opponents team: Furnace, MK, Emily and Koros

His MK got hasted before anything else happened. How ? my plan was to survive MK initial attack, which i did, but his second attack ruined my lineup.

Comments

• BrazyBrazy Member
    edited May 1
    Chance to Haste on runes. Look at the Igorok Epic bundle in the shop. You can purchase one.
  • Because they bought this:
    hd4dyxych913.png

A rune with chance to haste means that there is a very small chance the hero will get haste after they take a turn and go again. And since you can't see 4th abilities on the runes there's no way for you to know they have this chance or plan for it. Fun right?
    centralcommand
  • I suspected as much, games beyond broken now. I guess time to chuck in the towel.
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    I suspected as much, games beyond broken now. I guess time to chuck in the towel.

Haste is a very strong proc (OP), thankfully it was nerfed to a very small chance. Still I wish it had never been introduced.

• echonapechonap Member
    kalamadea wrote: »
    Haste is a very strong proc (OP), thankfully it was nerfed to a very small chance. Still I wish it had never been introduced.

Be glad it is ONLY a chance to haste now. When it was first released, it sped up the wearer so normal heroes became fast. Imagine a fast Koros who goes first on defense, but you can't tell by inspecting runes.
    The Empire is recruiting.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    It's only a 5% chance to activate.
  • Foozle wrote: »
    It's only a 5% chance to activate.

This has to be one of the most stupid mechanics in this game. Shade SB (With Haste). There's no point to play around a 5% haste proc (That you can't see), but it's even more ridiculous that the haste proc essentially reads "5% chance to 1 shot 3 random heroes".

People seem to think that just because something is rare means it's okay. "Oh it only happens 5% of the time so it's fine."

NO THAT'S NOT HOW BALANCE WORKS.

@merpman2001 I wouldn't quit over this alone. But there's a lot of ridiculous things that make zero sense from a balance perspective exactly like this. Quit over all of them.
  • jmcravenjmcraven Member
    I suspected as much, games beyond broken now. I guess time to chuck in the towel.
    So many quitters. :'(

Look at it this way: you learned something, and that means there was value in the experience, no matter the deep hurt it caused you.

No telling how many defenses you've destroyed that had Haste that people paid for but didn't proc, but now you know it's out there. And knowing is half the battle. ;)
  • jmcraven wrote: »
    So many quitters. :'(

Look at it this way: you learned something, and that means there was value in the experience, no matter the deep hurt it caused you.

No telling how many defenses you've destroyed that had Haste that people paid for but didn't proc, but now you know it's out there. And knowing is half the battle. ;)
    He's learned that it is possible for opponents to have a rune that says "there is a 5% chance you will lose before you even get to take a turn". And he has no way of knowing that they have this before he enters that fight, just that it exists and anyone could have it on their lead off mk/sb. So he learned that he either can avoid every single lead off mk/sb or be prepared for DB to simply remove his streak without warning.

The value he's obtained from this experience is simply that there's a surprising amount of people who will withstand an obscene amount of shocks for a very little bit of cheese. And that he should probably avoid anyone who plays freemium games in the future because were all a little soft in the head.

One of the best game responses ever :)

Its not just that there can be a 5% chance to IWIN and you paid $20 for it, but its like someone said, alot of little things that make no sense.
    I used to play everything to the max daily, now i just dont even feel the urge to fire it up.
  • danacdanac Member
    jmcraven wrote: »
    And knowing is half the battle. ;)

Actually knowing is only 37.8% of the battle.
    Unless it’s about Kira.
  • KaceyKacey Member
    Y'all complaining about haste runs forgetting that they used to be permanently increase speed?
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Zombie8uZombie8u Member
    Kacey wrote: »
    Y'all complaining about haste runs forgetting that they used to be permanently increase speed?

We remember, and @echonap already mentioned it here. :wink:

At least back then there were only about what, 3-4 in the entire game? :smiley:
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited May 3
    Oh @Foozle what a fun start to the season.

MK gets to go. I kill MK. Emily resurrects MK. He gets haste. Gets to move 3 times in a single round. My furnace dies.

FUN TIMES.

And to think I had managed to forget this rune existed but no it decided to show it's disgusting head to remind me what a joke this game is sometimes.

Icing on the cake: I would have been fine except for shock still being complete bull!@#%. I had managed to recover with Emily and then Valkin kills everyone again from getting hit twice while shocked. This game is SO FRUSTRATING.
  • Didn't Eej say in one of the summits like 6 weeks ago that the shock scaling thing would be a quick easy fix that they could take care of asap? Whatever happened to that?
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Oh @Foozle what a fun start to the season.

MK gets to go. I kill MK. Emily resurrects MK. He gets haste. Gets to move 3 times in a single round. My furnace dies.

FUN TIMES.

And to think I had managed to forget this rune existed but no it decided to show it's disgusting head to remind me what a joke this game is sometimes.

Icing on the cake: I would have been fine except for shock still being complete bull!@#%. I had managed to recover with Emily and then Valkin kills everyone again from getting hit twice while shocked. This game is SO FRUSTRATING.

Yeah I watched that one. Took a lot of rng to defend on my part. Sorry!