Matchmaking question

2»

Comments

• sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    So what about adding up your total team power (WITHOUT RUNES) and matching you to opponents that way?

Thoughts...
    "The Bastion" - Officer - Level 70
    http://bastion-db.boards.net/
  • JaxBoomstickJaxBoomstick Member
    edited May 8
    Many issues with this strategy. 1. Total Team Power way too low of a sample size for a player. 2. Runes do matter so they should be factored in somewhere. 3. Once again, there is an advantage to having lower roster power. Some heroes are actually "better" without high level Epic. For example I wish I could remove the Epic weapons from Kobal so he'd die easier and more reliably. MK does exactly the same damage with full epic as he does with no epic.

I don't think matchmaking needs an overhaul. I just think matchmaking in the Top 100 needs refinement. Too many rewards and recognition is at stake and not having a level playing field makes for some unhappy players.

This season is great example of the problem. This season's battle for who is the "best" PvPer is between @CryptKeeper (goddess of all things PvP) and a level 65 player who can beat up on level 59 peons. The fact that the top two players are complete night and day as far as Roster development clearly shows some adjustments need to be made.
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    So what about adding up your total team power (WITHOUT RUNES) and matching you to opponents that way?

Thoughts...

Would this not essentially "punish" players merely for unlocking heroes? Ie: Creating an environment where you want to have as few heroes unlocked as possible to be matched against the easiest opponents.

• sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Would this not essentially "punish" players merely for unlocking heroes? Ie: Creating an environment where you want to have as few heroes unlocked as possible to be matched against the easiest opponents.
    Hmm, didn't think about that. Good point! :/
    "The Bastion" - Officer - Level 70
    http://bastion-db.boards.net/
  • ZWendyZWendy Member
    edited May 9
    I had a lot of heroes unlocked but never used them so I didn't bother to put runes on them. (this is on my low level account) This weekend I runed them all to try the tower and my total power PvP match-ups went from 7,000/8,000 to 10,000/12,000.

Guess I should edit this to say I started this account to see what the new player experiences. I took all the experience from the daily quests. So I leveled fast, by choice. I keep the account just play around with. Basically I can do anything I want in PvE, but PvP is a struggle.

But this is what the new un-warned player will end up with.
    Post edited by ZWendy on
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
2»