can we have less RNG when/where RNG is not needed?

• I understand the nature and the need for RNG when it comes to damage and defense "rolls" of the dice.
  • I understand the need for RNG when it comes to crafting
  • I understand the need for RNG when it comes to portal pulls
but why do you want to put RNG into event quests? it makes it incredibly frustrating when you're trying to run a questline for an event, and have a string of bad luck completely stop you in your tracks.

I've just blown through 45 stamina (9 dungeons) trying to find willow. and yes, they were all after ch 3.

i understand that it's a run of bad luck for me, and that it's (hopefully?) not the norm. The question i have, however, is why? what's the intent behind putting RNG into these quests? Unnecessarily frustrate people? I always hated these "find ____" quests because there's always those that find the required number in the minimum number of runs required, and then there's others that are running 2-3x the required to try to get them.

do you actually see an increase in revenue from this? honestly, if you tell me "yes", i would completely understand, and just wallow in my own misfortune. I just don't see how this translates to profit though. you're basically banking on a frustrated player that's mad at RNG, to spend money thinking that RNG will suddenly favor them after spending money?

Comments

• It's just one way for them to make you spend stamina and hope you have to buy more with real $.

But yes, I hate it too. The first 2 runs I did, I found willow. The next 3, nothing. We'll see how it goes though...
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    It's just one way for them to make you spend stamina and hope you have to buy more with real $.
    that's my honest question. does this practice actually result in a net increase in revenue?

maybe i'm being naive, but i simply can't see someone feeling like they just got shafted by RNG to be in a mood to spend money on the game that just shafted them.
  • Those 25 Willow tokens are worth 125 aether. I'd be better off running dungeons looking for five gold tokens. ;)
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Those 25 Willow tokens are worth 125 aether. I'd be better off running dungeons looking for five gold tokens. ;)
    well, you've got me there.

the value of "the grind" in this game is pretty messed up.

before runes, getting tokens and getting stars actually mattered. now, with runes and epics, those play a considerably bigger role in the actual power of your team.

i'm actually thinking that it may not be a bad idea to keep my reptile team at 4 star but good runes to underrate them.. or maybe that's just my way to convince myself to not bother grinding their tokens 1 per day.. -_-
  • For what it's worth, killing Willow in the Tower counts towards the quest. Since these quests persist throughout the event, there's a good chance you'll be able to find her 15x just running the tower and not spend any stamina or worry about bouts of luck!
  • kalamadea wrote: »
    For what it's worth, killing Willow in the Tower counts towards the quest. Since these quests persist throughout the event, there's a good chance you'll be able to find her 15x just running the tower and not spend any stamina or worry about bouts of luck!
    good to know. I just ran outta stamina. got 13/15 after about 150 stamina.. -_-

gonna give up on it for today. maybe tomorrow's towers will have a few willows.