Make Tanks Great Again

No one uses tanks right? Except possibly Furnace.
You see a few Krexx, Leo and Igorok around, but they are hardly used for their abilities to soak up damage.

An idea would be to make all tanks auto taunt like Krexx does now. That would shake up the PvP, and make a lot of old characters and new tactics viable.

Make Undead Great Again

Comments

• i use kozar
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • edited May 3
    mrdahl wrote: »
    No one uses tanks right? Except possibly Furnace.
    You see a few Krexx, Leo and Igorok around, but they are hardly used for their abilities to soak up damage.

An idea would be to make all tanks auto taunt like Krexx does now. That would shake up the PvP, and make a lot of old characters and new tactics viable.

I like this idea a lot. I also like changing up the theme from week to week to shake PvP up also. Giving a new theme and a 24 hour free rune unequipe for every PvP season would be fun.

This has already been brought up, but, giving casters aegis, tanks start with taunt, extra damage for certain categories of heroes, or extra HP and Def, etc.
    j81ezc.gif
  • The title "tank" is only a disadvantage, there is no benefit. All it means is that casters will do 1.75% damage to any hero labled as a tank.

Maybe if the title tank was removed from most of the heroes and then the select few defensive oriented tanks were to received a version of 'abs of steel', then they would be useful. Toons like Sir William and OE would be good candidates for having a version of abs of steel. They are never going to be offensive powerhouses, why not let them stick around for awhile. The more offensive "tanks" like Igorok, kozar, and even Julius should just be warriors.

A couple other ideas came up while I was discussing tanks with a guildmate the other day. Maybe in addition to taunt the tanks should add some type of buff like shrouded as far as damage reduction to their teammates (similar to leo). This would help tanks protect their teammates from aoe/taunt ignoring attackers. Using current game mechanics maybe tanks could cover attacks against teammates similar to how kozar and hansuke will jump in front to take a blow. Having more options for a tank that starts a battle with his taunt up would be great too.
  • edited May 3
    Zombie8u wrote: »
    The title "tank" is only a disadvantage, there is no benefit. All it means is that casters will do 1.75% damage to any hero labled as a tank.

Maybe if the title tank was removed from most of the heroes and then the select few defensive oriented tanks were to received a version of 'abs of steel', then they would be useful. Toons like Sir William and OE would be good candidates for having a version of abs of steel. They are never going to be offensive powerhouses, why not let them stick around for awhile. The more offensive "tanks" like Igorok, kozar, and even Julius should just be warriors.

A couple other ideas came up while I was discussing tanks with a guildmate the other day. Maybe in addition to taunt the tanks should add some type of buff like shrouded as far as damage reduction to their teammates (similar to leo). This would help tanks protect their teammates from aoe/taunt ignoring attackers. Using current game mechanics maybe tanks could cover attacks against teammates similar to how kozar and hansuke will jump in front to take a blow. Having more options for a tank that starts a battle with his taunt up would be great too.

Great ideas! There are so many useful things that could take place in this game. However, I am always afraid that unique changes won't happen if it doesn't directly translate into a microtransaction that benefits the devs more than the customers.

I don't know why they don't just make DB a $19.99 full price Mobile game, then focus on simply making an awesome game that is constantly #1.
    j81ezc.gif
  • I don't know why they don't just make DB a $19.99 full price Mobile game, then focus on simply making an awesome game that is constantly #1.
    the debate's pretty much over on this, microtransactions make more money than a buy-to-play game.

that's why even games that are purchased outright have micro-transactions like wow with their pets and stuff. people are simply more willing to dish out money in small increments on a more frequent basis, even if it adds up to considerably more in the long run.
  • Zombie8u wrote: »
    The title "tank" is only a disadvantage, there is no benefit. All it means is that casters will do 1.75% damage to any hero labled as a tank.

175%, not 1.75% :)
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Zombie8u wrote: »

175%, not 1.75% :)

Thanks, in my mind I was saying 1.75x. (Fingers don't always listen to what I am thinking. Sometimes the brain does it's own thing on the side. :smiley: )
  • Zombie8u wrote: »

Thanks, in my mind I was saying 1.75x. (Fingers don't always listen to what I am thinking. Sometimes the brain does it's own thing on the side. :smiley: )

That’s what happens with zombies. Their brains are different than their fingers.
  • Red tanks specifically were broken by runes - because red slots can't be properly defensive - for example Astrid would be great if one or both of her red slots were blue/yellow.
  • Also I totally agree with the tank disadvantage thing vs casters, as far as I see it, it has no relevance to post-rune DB.