0 Damage in PVP?

Can the DEVs explain the math behind how a hit (not a miss, not dodge) can be assessed for 0 total damage in PvP?

I just took my 5* Lvl 62 Grog-Gnog (3974 Attack) into a PvP battle and DB somehow assessed 0 dmg against a 4* Lvl 64 Yasmin. I did hit her, because *Strike* slowed her and it didn't pop up with "missed" or "dodged" but rather a red "0", the animation had her falling down and getting up (a sign of a hit), and neither the health bar moved nor did the post-match stats (and the health bar didn't move).

If you're calculating right, 0 dmg should be mathematically impossible... right? The Defender's DEF would have to be so high and the Attacker's ATK so low that the normal damage is 1. Then, damage reduction kicks in to reduce it by 50% (for a fully runed defender), resulting in .5 damage which would potentially round down to 0.

I won the battle, so it's not a big deal. But I'm trying to figure out how it happens to begin with.

Comments

• Damage reduction is capped at 50%, BUT:
    [1] extra synergies add onto that 50%, and [2] fourth traits on runes- % less damage in PVP for example- add on to that.

So take Emily with 50% damage reduction, add furnace she gets another 25% [iirc] dr, add 25% dr in PVP, and she’s at 100%.

Or situations similar. Generally, Emily Torchy and Bauble are the ones you see getting to 100% damage reduction.
    This is a known issue, the intent is to fix it, but the attack rune situation is so bad these 100% dr are often the only way to counter.
  • i didn't think yasmin could hit 100% though.

are you sure she didn't go before you, and put a shield on herself?

if you hit her with a shield, it'll yield 0 dmg.
  • New trend! Bulletproof Yasmin! Can't beat you, but will bore you to death.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • Was gg drenched? If so Yasmin equiped with DR runes could take 0 damage.
  • That's crazy talk. There should never be a time in PvP where a hero would do zero damage.

Kai=70% dr. Furnace buff is 25%[?] dr. Armored =50% dr. That's wayyy over 100%. But I didnt' think that was a physical attack.
  • I don't have that many zeroes in my bank account
    zntCIcd.gif
  • @echonap sure you do. They may be the most significant digits, but they are still there ;)
    nunya
  • I'll show you the potential here for where Yasmin can reach for DR on her own.

Yasmin slots:

Blue - champion: 25% DR
    Yellow - planning: 20% DR
    Red - tactics: 10% DR
    Purple - tactics: 10% DR

So from runes she has a potential to attain 90% DR. Her epic boosts defence and grog may have had things that reduced his damage from other sources/Yasmin had external defence buffs/passives.

Very easy to end up at 0 damage from there.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Kacey wrote: »
    I'll show you the potential here for where Yasmin can reach for DR on her own.

Yasmin slots:

Yellow - planning: 20% DR
    Red - tactics: 10% DR
    Purple - tactics: 10% DR

So from runes she has a potential to attain 90% DR. Her epic boosts defence and grog may have had things that reduced his damage from other sources/Yasmin had external defence buffs/passives.

Very easy to end up at 0 damage from there.

Small clarification on how your are breaking out of the DR cap there since the OP doesnt seem as familiar with DR craziness as us

Blue - champion: 25% DR (15% DR + 10% PVP DR)
    Blue - champion: 25% DR (15% DR + 10% PVP DR)
    Yellow - planning: 20% DR (10% DR + 10% PVP DR)
    Red - tactics: 10% PVP DR
    Purple - tactics: 10% PVP DR

Totals
    40% DR (capped to 50%)
    50% PVP DR (uncapped stat since it only applies to a specific circumstance, PVP)
    90% DR in any PVP match

So you see the 50% DR cap is basically false. Yes there is a cap on DR but only DR that applies anywhere (PVE or PVP). Circumstance specific stats have no cap and PVP DR is considered circumstance specific.

It also happens to be very easy to get PVP DR since planning runes are an easy crafting option and blue champion runes were given out for 4 seasons
    centralcommand
  • You did that to *Indigo*?

That’s better than what I have on my Emily.
  • That's better then what I have on any hero
  • For the Use an Elf in PvP quest I decked her out in DR. She was also one of the few left on my list of heroes to test with DR. Verdict ... she's fun to group with Kobal, Indigo, Shade, Shadowblade. 1st round Shadowblade Shuriken and 2nd Round Shade Posession makes for some fun PvP matches, but its not a game changer. Runes have since been moved back to Bauble.
  • For the Use an Elf in PvP quest I decked her out in DR. She was also one of the few left on my list of heroes to test with DR. Verdict ... she's fun to group with Kobal, Indigo, Shade, Shadowblade. 1st round Shadowblade Shuriken and 2nd Round Shade Posession makes for some fun PvP matches, but its not a game changer. Runes have since been moved back to Bauble.

I want to point out her rune power number in the top right corner....
  • Only 9% pvp dr on the dark rune? What a noob!
    zntCIcd.gif