PVP runes (Champion runes) - make them craftable

Dear all,
as you all know there is a new group of fine runes called champion runes, which came with the new PVP system into the game.
The really nice ones are reserved to the Top 100 in PVP. The others earnable within the different leagues are not or at least less useful.
I made it 5-6 times to the Top 100, but it's getting harder to get there, possibly because of account sharing (I refuse to follow that path.)
In addition to that I do not have the time and motivation every day to run PVP for 2-3h.
Moreover, some streaks get lost on my device, because the game may crash.
...

Why not open the really nice champion runes to everybody and make them craftable?

Introduce a material similar to Boss Fangs, Guild Rings and Medals of Honor, needed to craft the champion runes.
Remove all runes as a reward for PVP seasons and add the material needed to craft them as a reward (especially the material and sufficient gems).
Players in the Top 100 should craft a superior one. The others should need some more time to be able to craft a superior one...

Give the possibility to get them legendary (otherwise it may be extremely frustrating to burn the nice recources).
E.g. by introducing a final tuning step which needs a special ingredient, as described here:
http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/55070/suggestion-on-how-to-improve-the-rune-tuning-system

Hope you like that idea...
Cheers,
Baxxi
1304054?gid=
«1

Comments

  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Nope
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Definitely nope. If they're craftable, why would anyone participate in the PVP seasons?
  • nunyanunya Member
    I would have no incentive to PvP if they were craftable.
    nunya
  • Wow, winner for worst suggestion ever. Congrats. How about asking for hero sorting or ask why when using Pontifex the enemy hero order changes. Sorry feeling bitter today seeing the 65's compete for 1st place in PvP.
  • Lork_BaxxLork_Baxx Member
    Interessting.

    I got your statement - you don't like the idea.

    Although you will loose nothing (the reward would be the same - has only be crafted - perhaps somewhat better, because you can choose the colour of the champion rune you like), your motivation will drop to get to the TOP 100 in PVP.


    ??? I don't get it. Why ???

    Is it really because some other players would be able to craft from time to time (much slower) a similar rune? - Gaining some motivation for doing more PVP and getting the opportunity to get competitive with you on the long-run?
    You don't like to win PVP because you have the better tactics - you like to win because you possess the better runes?

    Hope I did not understood you properly (you gave no detailed explanaition anyway).


    In my world also new and PVP unskilled mates should have the opportunity getting competitive by having a real chance to gather similar runes.

    My idea stands for equal opportunities for everybody!
    1304054?gid=
  • HikerHiker Member
    I agree completely that they should be obtainable through means other than reaching top 100, either by crafting with a special component as you suggested, or by purchasing in the honor shop (for a high price).

    I too have been in the top 100 5-6 times, and the time commitment is excessive. Not everyone can spare that much time. (I basically had to put real life on the back burner for a few days to get the top 100 yellow champion.) I know most weeks I either cannot or should not be putting that much time into it - there are other demands on my time. Players should not be denied access to these runes simply because they cannot put that much time into a game.

    Getting top 100 should give earlier access, but it should not be a requirement to ever being able to access those runes. They shouldn't be reserved for an exclusive group. (Of which I am a part-time member, I guess.)
    IGN: Hiker
    Guildmaster
    Legends and Friends
  • heelerheeler Member
    My understanding is that the plan is for them to eventually be in the honor shop. If they were pricey enough, you'd still need to do a lot of pvp, but it could be spread out over weeks (you wouldn't need to be top 100, but just work hard over time). This would reduce the rich-get-richer problem we now have. Allowing them to be crafted would also reduce that problem.

    @JaxBoomstick - really? Worst suggestion ever? And he should have, instead, suggested whatever is on your mind as the biggest problem? SMH. A thoughtful critique is most welcome. Insults like that just make you look bad.
  • MacTheKidMacTheKid Member
    Interesting idea certainly. Would have to be expensive to make though.

    Reminds me, there is a tome in game that cannot be obtained and currently doesn't have a use. Primal tome? Feral tome? Something like that.

    :)
  • Lork_BaxxLork_Baxx Member
    @MacTheKid
    You are right the primal spirit and the feral tome are not collectible until now. Perhaps an easy option to introduce them as materials needed for the champion runes.
    1304054?gid=
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    My thought is those are intended for use with a new / higher tier of rune that would likely become available when the second half of Boss Mode goes live. What's better than Superior? EPIC!
  • Lork_BaxxLork_Baxx Member
    That's true possibly they are already reserved for something like new runes or specials or whatever.
    1304054?gid=
  • echonapechonap Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Definitely nope. If they're craftable, why would anyone participate in the PVP seasons?

    I thought Final Boss pvped just to pvp. What kinda guild are you running there, @Starskream?!?
    The Empire is recruiting.
  • Getting any spot in the top 100 costs far far more gems then you get back. The rune is the only reason we do it, its certainly not for the gems or tokens. In fact it usually costs so many gems that most of us have minimal resources available for crafting on a weekly basis, especially superiors.

    So take away the rune, or even just make them craftable, and you lose a ton of pvp competition. Its way cheaper to pvp slowly up to legend 1 and spend all gems crafting.

    Basically pvp would become a couple people battling for whos taking the legendary conqueror tag this season over the first couple days and everyone else meandering to legend 1 and mostly ignoring pvp.
    centralcommand
  • Lork_BaxxLork_Baxx Member
    edited May 6
    At the moment PVP is driven by:
    - Money in gems
    - Money in runes
    - A lot Time (far more is needed than most player have - not to sleep and work and having no family helps and/or a shared account)
    - Some tactics and luck
    - The runes earned so far in the TOP 100
    - I am not sure if people still do it but I heard that there was or still is cheating involved.
    And the greediest who has a good amount of these will win.

    If you would like a real competition all player have to fight against each other with the same heroes and the same set of runes to equip a hero. And then everyone has to fight with ideally everyone.
    That would be driven by strategy only and a real competition in my eyes.
    - Could be a nice real PVP event. -

    Therefore I do not like PVP much as it is, but perhaps one can shift some things. A better step as I suggested would be to fight for honor only, by removing the TOP 100 rewards or all rewards and limit the PVP runs per day.
    Post edited by Lork_Baxx on
    1304054?gid=
  • nunyanunya Member
    @Lork_Baxx I don't know about the others, but I am a lazy pvper. If they didn't dangle the carrot of a lovely rune in front of me, I wouldn't bother making the top 100. As a cost point, the perfect legendary obtained from the top 100 placement, is less frustrating and cheaper than trying to craft, so I pvp.
    nunya
  • Lork_BaxxLork_Baxx Member
    edited May 7
    For me it would be also ok if the runes are purchasable in the honor shop.

    I agree that crafting the runes with the current system would be frustrating.

    It would be nice - and it's an important part of the idea - if the rewards would cover all the crafting costs additionally and there is a 100% chance to get them legendary. Then you would have the option when crafting to craft one of the five runes (yellow red blue green or purple) you would like to get.

    In addition to that people failing to reach the top 100 would be able to earn a part of such rune and not getting a minor rune with could be scratched only.
    Post edited by Lork_Baxx on
    1304054?gid=
  • StarskreamStarskream Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @echonap them is fighting words.
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Looks like your voice was heard, OP. :#
  • KaceyKacey Member
    edited May 18
    Lork_Baxx wrote: »
    possibly because of account sharing (I refuse to follow that path.)
    I place top 50 every season without having anybody log into my account, I'm pretty sure account sharing is near, if not non existent in PvP currently.


    Why not open the really nice champion runes to everybody and make them craftable?
    No.

    Introduce a material similar to Boss Fangs, Guild Rings and Medals of Honor, needed to craft the champion runes.
    Remove all runes as a reward for PVP seasons and add the material needed to craft them as a reward (especially the material and sufficient gems).
    Players in the Top 100 should craft a superior one. The others should need some more time to be able to craft a superior one...

    Hell no.
    Lork_Baxx wrote: »
    At the moment PVP is driven by:
    - Money in gems
    - Money in runes
    - A lot Time (far more is needed than most player have - not to sleep and work and having no family helps and/or a shared account)
    - Some tactics and luck
    - The runes earned so far in the TOP 100
    - I am not sure if people still do it but I heard that there was or still is cheating involved.
    And the greediest who has a good amount of these will win.

    If you would like a real competition all player have to fight against each other with the same heroes and the same set of runes to equip a hero. And then everyone has to fight with ideally everyone.
    That would be driven by strategy only and a real competition in my eyes.
    - Could be a nice real PVP event. -

    Therefore I do not like PVP much as it is, but perhaps one can shift some things. A better step as I suggested would be to fight for honor only, by removing the TOP 100 rewards or all rewards and limit the PVP runs per day.

    I'm pretty sure it's meant to be for those of us that can spend and divert lots of time to the game. It's what they want.

    Making everybody fight with the exact same heroes & runes is basically saying remove stars and runes. No point.

    I agree with @JaxBoomstick in that this may be the worst suggestion thread ever.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • DragonDragon Member
    I like the idea to be able to craft or buy with honor the top 100 Rune, if you don't own it.

    The way it is now only the rich get richer.

    Always funny that some top players say they are bored, because everything is easy, but don't want others to get what they have so that they could be competive. Wait, that's not funny at all.
  • I wouldn't mind a change in rewards... starting to get bland with runes every week. +/- Damage in PvP trait was relevant. These class specific 4th trait runes are a bit of a bummer.

    I think "Boss100 mats" would be a welcome change (maybe not as a replacement) - as long as the mats created a kicka** rune - or maybe a kicka** skin (that has a stat)?



    This is definitely not the worst suggestion thread.
  • DragonDragon Member
    The old system gave no Rune as reward and there were also players who pvped a lot.

    I really miss the old days when there were no runes. The game was so much better.
    Missing the strategy that went away through changing heroes into something what they weren't meant to be.

    PvP takes much more time, because you need to check the opponents runes before every fight.
  • KaceyKacey Member
    Dragon wrote: »
    The old system gave no Rune as reward and there were also players who pvped a lot.

    I really miss the old days when there were no runes. The game was so much better.
    Missing the strategy that went away through changing heroes into something what they weren't meant to be.

    PvP takes much more time, because you need to check the opponents runes before every fight.

    I disagree
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited June 8
    @Dragon my first T100 finish I still used Improved Runes raiding ALL Left aka Easy. The matchmaking rarely has the Top 100 players competing directly against each other, I don't recall the last time I saw Stapedius, Pupuer, Chelseamad, MattCauthron, and the list goes on of people who regularly compete in the Top 100 that I NEVER see.

    I have half a dozen Top 100 finishes now and it doesn't take perfect Superior runes to do it, but a lot of time and resources: Gems, RTs, $$$. I don't bother anymore, b/c I don't really care. I have nothing against others being competitive, but don't ask for a shortcut when my first two times took 450-550 raids each season using some Improved Runes almost NEVER raiding Hard.
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R - Final Boss
  • xandrew29xandrew29 Member
    Rexob wrote: »
    @Dragon my first T100 finish I still used Improved Runes raiding ALL Left aka Easy. The matchmaking rarely has the Top 100 players competing directly against each other, I don't recall the last time I saw Stapedius, Pupuer, Chelseamad, MattCauthron, and the list goes on of people who regularly compete in the Top 100 that I NEVER see.

    I have half a dozen Top 100 finishes now and it doesn't take perfect Superior runes to do it, but a lot of time and resources: Gems, RTs, $$$. I don't bother anymore, b/c I don't really care. I have nothing against others being competitive, but don't ask for a shortcut when my first two times took 450-550 raids each season using some Improved Runes almost NEVER raiding Hard.

    Quick question - does Boss 100 come with additional rewards, other than the Legend seasonal runes? I've been Legend II the past 3 seasons (L39) but didn't want to sink the gem investment into a ton of tickets (I usually go on 1 20+ win streak to jump into Legend III from WL II, then regular 3-4 wins/day up to Legend II and sit, because the Legend I daily reward isn't worth the gems I spend to get there!).

    I didn't think the jump from L2 to L1 is worth it, but if the Boss 100 gives bonuses beyond it, it would be worth the 500+ gems for me to make a trek (I have 5 very good PvP heros - MK, SB, Kai, Koros and Nub, all with improved 5* heroic or legendary runes, plus Emily for my defense).
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited June 9
    xandrew29 wrote: »
    Rexob wrote: »
    @Dragon my first T100 finish I still used Improved Runes raiding ALL Left aka Easy. The matchmaking rarely has the Top 100 players competing directly against each other, I don't recall the last time I saw Stapedius, Pupuer, Chelseamad, MattCauthron, and the list goes on of people who regularly compete in the Top 100 that I NEVER see.

    I have half a dozen Top 100 finishes now and it doesn't take perfect Superior runes to do it, but a lot of time and resources: Gems, RTs, $$$. I don't bother anymore, b/c I don't really care. I have nothing against others being competitive, but don't ask for a shortcut when my first two times took 450-550 raids each season using some Improved Runes almost NEVER raiding Hard.

    Quick question - does Boss 100 come with additional rewards, other than the Legend seasonal runes? I've been Legend II the past 3 seasons (L39) but didn't want to sink the gem investment into a ton of tickets (I usually go on 1 20+ win streak to jump into Legend III from WL II, then regular 3-4 wins/day up to Legend II and sit, because the Legend I daily reward isn't worth the gems I spend to get there!).

    I didn't think the jump from L2 to L1 is worth it, but if the Boss 100 gives bonuses beyond it, it would be worth the 500+ gems for me to make a trek (I have 5 very good PvP heros - MK, SB, Kai, Koros and Nub, all with improved 5* heroic or legendary runes, plus Emily for my defense).

    There's a rewards button when you are in the "Boss 100" tab. Click that to see what the payouts are.
  • nunyanunya Member
    You can't do boss 100 at level 39. I think you have to be level 65 or above. But the superior rune is why people do it. (And by people I mean me :grin: )
    nunya
  • nunya wrote: »
    You can't do boss 100 at level 39. I think you have to be level 65 or above. But the superior rune is why people do it. (And by people I mean me :grin: )

    Ahhh, darn. I thought it was just PvP trophies, regardless of level . . . . and I'm L40 now anyways . . . coming for ya! >:) ;)
  • nunyanunya Member
    xandrew29 wrote: »
    Ahhh, darn. I thought it was just PvP trophies, regardless of level . . . . and I'm L40 now anyways . . . coming for ya! >:) ;)

    I look forward to seeing you there soon then. :)
    nunya
  • ThundRThundR Member
    Imagine if champions were craftable with 1 ego larvea
    One is never complete...
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com