I know the idea is not new, but I think it is potentially very valuable.
A hero optimized for PVP might be less usefull for PVE. (And the other way around).
Sometimes it might be helpful to be able to go with a brutally agressive Shade into the field to one-shot a Viperia, but on the next run a Shade, which would survive MKs attack. Or you might prefer a Shade with a high damage boost to get through an Emilies armor.
!!! Perhaps it is a nice idea to have some rune variants (called rune skins here) for every hero, making them more specialized for certain situations and flexible !!!
A rune skin is another set of runes, giving the hero another set of bonuses (and abilities).
If a hero is chosen for a mission, one of it's skins can be applied.
A rune skin has nothing to do with the skins altering the visual appearance of the hero.
- A rune can be equipped on several skins of the same hero.
- By defalt all skins are equipped with the same runes.
- If one rune is substituted in one skin, there are no costs to dismount the existing one.
- If a rune is completely removed from all skins of a hero, it costs something to remove it.
- A hero with 2 active rune skins can hold 5-10 runes.
- If a PVE and a PVP skin is introduced, only. They are applied automatically if the hero is used in PVE or PVP, respectively.
- There should be the opportunity to give each skin variant a name, (E.G Agressive Shade, Defensive Shade, Shady Shade....) to keep the overview.
Here the last suggestion of basically the same idea: