Suggestions for making Boss Mode relevant

1) Allow orbs to drop and in larger amounts than Challenge mode
2) Add celestial evos
3) Add greater materials to the material chests
4) Make the Boss Difficulty Boss Mode levels cost 20 stamina, have them drop superior materials and runes.

The above alone would make them worthwhile, but consider also adding:

1) A new hero, as was introduced in Challenge Mode, that could only be starred by completing Boss Mode. Make this hero a PvE powerhouse, but vulnerable in PvP.
2) Daily Boss Mode quests that award materials and tokens toward the Boss Mode exclusive hero.
3) Add titles for completing and 3 starring Boss Mode levels

If there are any other ideas, post them here! What could be added to Boss Mode to coax you to play levels outside of Boss Island?

Comments

• echonapechonap Member
    All boss mode stages drop gold or legendary tokens (same as normal and challenge mode)
    The Empire is recruiting.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Reduce the drop rate for tomes. Increase the drop rate of other materials. Make tomes worth something. Right now they're absolute trash.

As long as we're going to start dropping more materials, include the Challenge mode materials in the drop table.

Include some of the crafted items -- Jewels, Essences -- in the drop tables, but have them be relatively rare.

Include tokens for heroes on those last levels. It's silly that there is no token. Including no token means that there is zero reason to come back to Boss Mode (or any level therein) once you've completed it. Especially since the drop rate for tomes is so broken and high.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Orbs would be nice. I think the stamina cost should be kept at 5, however. More materials besides tomes and celestials is a good idea.

I think the second half of Boss mode, whenever that comes out, should have 15 stamina dungeons that could drop jewels, essences, and superior runes as well.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Make them actually difficult?
    Other than the level that require specific hero combinations you only need 7-8 hero's to beat boss mode.
    Those massive lists of buffs on bosses mean nothing when they still die in 1-2 hits.

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Make them actually difficult?
    Other than the level that require specific hero combinations you only need 7-8 hero's to beat boss mode.
    Those massive lists of buffs on bosses mean nothing when they still die in 1-2 hits.

Maybe for you, but for me and a ton of other pkayers, Boss Mode is a huge pain! Saying there's only 7-8 heroes to use isn't much, because it's due to the fact those 7-8 heroes are really strong! I agree that the next half should be a lot harder though, and cost more stamina, but have much better rewards.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Maybe if they restrict the levels further to avoid the use of those same heroes.
    Something to make it more boss mode like lol.
    I often find myself autorunning with mangle jaw and icebloom just to not use beasts or undead every single dungeon

• echonapechonap Member
    They should restrict boss mode to Balog, Selwyn, Takumi, and Jabber.
    The Empire is recruiting.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    The campaign quest rewards are utter crap too. Binders and tomes, over and over if I remember correctly. Dumb.