Koros (drenched) Which is it?? 0 dmg or FULL damage

I run a consistent raid team that consists of Kai and Furnace. Particularly, against Koros, I'll get him drenched and my team can eat his Purging Pyre 10/10 times.. MOST of the time, his second special, Siphoning Rampage also seems to be affected by Drench and my team can eat it as well.. So which is it? How can it only work sometimes?? Rampage is a melee physical attack so it's not that my guys are mitigating fire damage - I don't know why it's 0 damage - perhaps that's a bug in itself. The point is... this isn't consistent!

When I choose a team to battle. At this point, I pretty much know how the battle will go.. who will most likely attack who and already have somewhat of an expectation - but not "well, I took 0 damage before, and now under the same scenario I take 3200 damage" (!!??)

I comprehend taking "some" damage then "more" damage from a hero of various teams.

Furnace either takes 0 damage most of the time (I go up against any Koros, they're all runed "similarly", in Legend Tier) or FULL damage!... crap like this makes it very hard to do anything strategic - so much RNG BS!

Granted, the latest Koros I was fighting was well runed.. the team was 5000+ rune power. But even so, There's only so much more % can you stuff into runes (from the cookie cut 2 sup champ greens, 3 sup power reds) .. to go from 0 damage to full damage.

Once again.. Runes show to overpower any strategic content of this game.

Aggravating.

Comments

• I can say from experience the math behind this is easy. 6000 Attack Power x Attack Coefficient x (Attack Power / Defense Rating) x Damage Bonus = X Damage. Now take X Damage x .85 for furnace's damage reduction. Further multiply this by .30 (Drenched). Now Apply Dungeon Boss bugged code and the damage always equals zero. Easy.
  • Until it doesn't. Mel is saying that it doesn't. And is wondering why.

I think. I'm not really sure.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • @JaxBoomstick Right.. the "DB bugged code". I didn't factor that in... that explains it all.

Yes @FatCat69, Most of the time he'll do 0 damage with Siphon Rampage, when drenched. This particular match, I specifically didn't attack Koros, because Emily would resurrect and Koros would do his full damage second ability - nope, not this time! I ramble when I'm pissed!
  • ixjqtmr05pf2.png

I could post countless examples of Koros doing 0 damage in the same scenario, with the same team compositions... so seriously-

What is the calculation that makes Koros go from 0 to full damage while drenched?

Is this even the right place to ask questions to dev reps? Or should I be writing a ticket? This is really irritating.
  • pretty sure this is applicable.

hqdefault.jpg
  • 20% of the time it works half the time.
  • If I had to guess, I would think that it all depends on who Koros attacks. The rampage has the possibility of hitting multiple people, which makes drenched take affect. However, if he hits the same person multiple times, it isn't considered aoe anymore, and drenched isn't applied.
  • Fville8 wrote: »
    If I had to guess, I would think that it all depends on who Koros attacks. The rampage has the possibility of hitting multiple people, which makes drenched take affect. However, if he hits the same person multiple times, it isn't considered aoe anymore, and drenched isn't applied.

Interesting theory.. It would apply to this screen shot..as Furnace was the only one left. but I do recall my previous encounter, Koros hit Furnace twice and Valkin once doing full damage to Furnace and not alot but some (wasn't a strikingly high number) damage to Valkin.

AOE is AOE?

eg: If a drenched MK shot his blossom darts and I only had one guy left - you're saying drench wouldn't apply? I question that.
  • Mks attack says hits all enemies, so I think it'd have to be considered aoe no matter the number of enemies . I was thinking this one could be different because it's a random enemy. This attack, and Lupina's and Rocky's rampage, or Tsume's spreading panic. All can hit the same enemy, or multiples.

Your other example seems to sort of nullify this theory though. Unless the first attackee gets full damage applied and others get drenched. That seems even harder to try and figure out though.