How to Make players happy.

edited May 12 in General Discussion
Step 1) break the portals so that players no longer feel that every purchase is worthwhile and improves their team.
Step 2) introduce Aether as a compensation for step one with the promise that aether will always be great. Then just ignore updates to the Aether shop making Aether almost worthless to your top supporters.
Step 3) introduce runes (actually not a bad idea) but make rune crafting expensive and based on gambling with limited success for non cheaters.
Step 4) try to eliminate F2P players by discouraging slow leveling even though they are an important component of the game for those that pay.
Step 5) change PvP based on complaints about bait teams so that only the top couple hundred players feel they have a chance to compete. Make sure the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
Step 6) Nerf the heroes that the best supporters of the game have spent money on and have maxed. After all, they should have known better than to waste money on a mobile game and the heroes should never been designed that way to begin with. Laugh at the players that wasted money on them. They have more money to spend.
Slept 7) make PvP streaks to encourage cheating and make PvP a grind. Limit the cheating to Android users. After all, everyone hates Apple corporation for and players found PvP the most attractive part of the game. Players shouldn't attack teams that they find challenging and fun. They should only attack teams that they think they can beat to continue their streak.
Step 8) antagonize players by ignoring bugs which end streaks including crashes and the OP heroes like MK having critical hits while diseased. Just tell players their complaints have been passed along. If they complain to customer support, just tell them it is probably their fault. They should probably just buy a new device.

A game with 100 players spending $100 a month is not near as good as a game with 10,000 players spending $10 a month.
Post edited by bvs72 on

Comments

• Aether is something to do with excess tokens. Would you rather not have anything from excess tokens other than a little counter on their hero card?

Heroes are nerfed to balance the game, in order to make F2P's have a more enjoyable experience. It was the people's choice to pay for more summons to max those heroes, they didn't have to.

Runes need to be expensive to make and need to be a gamble so that people will want to pay for Rune bags and gems for materials. You do know they have to make money somehow, right?

I do agree on you with the portals though. I don't see how they gain anything from devaluing gems spent on summons. Seems to me that would just turn players away from spending money. With the old portals, at least you knew what you were getting.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • edited May 5
    @JackHallow666, would you be pleased if you bought a car that was supposed to get 40 mpg only to be told that in now only gets 20 mpg. It is not good business. It would be better not to introduce the 40 mpg car if you can not keep it that way. It would be a better business practice to introduce a 50 mpg car instead of downgrading your car and then introducing another 40 mpg car.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    @JackHallow666, would you be pleased if you bought a car that was supposed to get 40 mpg only to be told that in now only gets 20 mpg. It is not good business. It would be better not to introduce the 40 mpg car if you can not keep it that way. It would be a better business practice to introduce a 50 mpg car instead of downgrading your car and then introducing another 40 mag car.

First of all, http://www.txstate.edu/philosophy/resources/fallacy-definitions/Faulty-Analogy.html

Secondly, that's not what happened. A car dealer either assures you a car will remain the same, or doesn't. Dungeon Boss never said the portals will stay the same forever. Nowhere was it written that nothing was going to change. It's their game, and they have full right to do whatever they want with it. Same goes for everything else listed here. And about ignoring bugs... They don't. They're constantly trying to fix them, I assure you. They've even said so themselves. I've never tried to make a video game, but I can't imagine it's as easy as snapping your fingers and having all your problems fixed. What you want is for them to do exactly that.
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • That's a lot of steps.

I usually just put cyanide in its drink.
  • Remove tenacity, reduce the damage from deathblossom (or switch it to the second/third ability), and remove pwn undead so that we can play around with undead in pvp.

These changes would go a long way, and it still leaves him way more durable than any fast heavy hitter should be.
  • Zombie8u wrote: »
    Remove tenacity, reduce the damage from deathblossom (or switch it to the second/third ability), and remove pwn undead so that we can play around with undead in pvp.

These changes would go a long way, and it still leaves him way more durable than any fast heavy hitter should be.

But Tenacity and PWN Undead make him unique and cool. Like I've said before, you shouldn't have to make a hero bland to make them fair. Perhaps making Tenacity proc after every 4th attack and making him Normal speed would be better. That way he's still a cool hero but not insanely broken. I also agree with swapping his first and last abilities.
  • Flawed or not, the current pvp system brings lots of revenue for BF, which is a good thing. The company needs to stay healthy so devs can bring more great contents in the future.

Haters gonna hate. MK hate is getting so old, y'all can stop now.
  • Flawed or not, the current pvp system brings lots of revenue for BF, which is a good thing. The company needs to stay healthy so devs can bring more great contents in the future.

Hater haters gonna hate. This is getting so old. You can stop now.

See what I did there.
  • Everyday I pray for MK to be deleted.

And I pray very very fervently.

Only Grrr reactions
    7p98j8dm3uka.jpg

Hater haters gonna hate. This is getting so old. You can stop now.

See what I did there.

Yea I see. I laff at ur comments on a daily anyway.
  • edited May 5
    laff at ur
    on a daily

I have been bested on the interwebs. This fight is over. I pack up in shame at your superior wit and obvious intellect.

Too bad I'm not more like MK. Then I could have dodged that sick burn.

Staying healthy would require the obscenely overpowered hero that is broken to be fixed. Maybe you would also know this if you unlocked the 12 heroes that you are missing that you would have more reference.

I am so tired of people saying that I am hating on Kira or that I need to figure it out. I don't hate Kira, and I have it figured out. But none of this changes the fact that Kira is way out of scale with everyone else, and the yellow champion runes pushed him even further.
  • @MattCauthron - what are you doing in my Soap Box?
    @MattCauthron - what are you doing in my Soap Box?

You stole one of mine, and here I saw this one just laying on the ground begging to be used.

I stood on top of it and started trumpeting to the masses.

This is quite a large box however. Let me shuffle to the side and let you climb back on. The beauty of our music intertwined will surely carry to greater and further heights than ever before.

(Yea it's a Friday and I'm bored).
    Flawed or not, the current pvp system brings lots of revenue for BF, which is a good thing. The company needs to stay healthy so devs can bring more great contents in the future.

Staying healthy would require the obscenely overpowered hero that is broken to be fixed. Maybe you would also know this if you unlocked the 12 heroes that you are missing that you would have more reference.

I am so tired of people saying that I am hating on Kira or that I need to figure it out. I don't hate Kira, and I have it figured out. But none of this changes the fact that Kira is way out of scale with everyone else, and the yellow champion runes pushed him even further.

I apologize if you feel that type of way. You're definitely not a mk hater comparing to someone else here cries everyday on losing their streak to an OP MK. Bringing in the wrong heroes and resulting a loss isn't really mk's fault.
  • edited May 5
    Zombie8u wrote: »
    Flawed or not, the current pvp system brings lots of revenue for BF, which is a good thing. The company needs to stay healthy so devs can bring more great contents in the future.

I apologize if you feel that type of way. You're definitely not a mk hater comparing to someone else here cries everyday on losing their streak to an OP MK. Bringing in the wrong heroes and resulting a loss isn't really mk's fault.

I'm sorry you don't understand fundamental game balancing. The developers disagree with you. (The people who make this game). If by crying you mean reasoned logic trying to explain to people what is intuitively obvious, then you nailed it. You may want to check that definition however.

For what it's worth, I'm done responding to you here. I've already pointed out the hypocrisy of your posts which is apparently lost on you.

I'll also leave this quote from you here that you made previously.

"Agree with @CentralCommand on this one. MK is broken, but not because of his death blossom. its his tenacity & dodge that are causing troubles."

Good to know at the end of the day we agree ;)

I'm sorry you don't understand fundamental game balancing. The developers disagree with you. (The people who make this game). If by crying you mean reasoned logic trying to explain to people what is intuitively obvious, then you nailed it. You may want to check that definition however.

For what it's worth, I'm done responding to you here. I've already pointed out the hypocrisy of your posts which is apparently lost on you.

I'll also leave this quote from you here that you made previously.

"Agree with @CentralCommand on this one. MK is broken, but not because of his death blossom. its his tenacity & dodge that are causing troubles."

Good to know at the end of the day we agree ;)

Thank you for digging the tomb and quoting on my comment. It shows that I am a logical and fair player, no one on the forum is yelling mk is a so balanced and needs no tweaks. Crying for mk to be removed completely from the game shows only ignorance.

I was replying zombie, why are so you upset?
  • edited May 5
    I think if they delete that bonus damage on undead champ that could change the meta
    Yorick could be super strong in this fast rogue meta
    Doudidarling - French Touch "family"
    Level : 70
    Trophies : 300k
    Roster : 320k
  • I just lost another streak because MK crit three times after being diseased. I am so glad that they are looking at the problem. While looking, please stop laughing at my pain.
  • http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/54223/death-blossom-defies-definitives/p1

They only started looking into it on 3/14/17. Maybe it is really dark outside and it's hard to see.
  • It will be fixed soon.
  • It is hard to believe it takes a month and a half to figure out why the calc for Crit is coming up with a 15% probability instead of 0. I don't think they're trying too hard.

P.S. - Big Fish, if you've found the problem but it for some reason is in client code vs. something that can be readily updated with daily updates, let us know. Because as it is, it really seems like a lot of things get reported and acknowledged and then just get ignored completely for months on end.
    9gJSaHl.gif
    I just lost another streak because MK crit three times after being diseased. I am so glad that they are looking at the problem. While looking, please stop laughing at my pain.

You better watch your tone on here BVS. Turns out thinking MK is too strong actually means you have a very small intellectual capacity, and true enlightenment occurs at the moment you realize MK needs to actually be more powerful.

The mob is out to get all of us of lower intellect. I even tried being nice, but apparently they are incapable of seeing through their blind love for MK rage.
  • Maybe MK has become so powerful that he has taken over BF and stealing all of our money. Please fight it Joel. Let go. Use the force.