How to Make players happy.

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    @MattCauthron - what are you doing in my Soap Box?

Trying to keep you from stealing more soap.
  • danacdanac Member
    The beauty of our music intertwined will surely carry to greater and further heights than ever before.

(Yea it's a Friday and I'm bored).

They will see us waving from such great heights...
  • danacdanac Member
    I just lost another streak because MK crit three times after being diseased. I am so glad that they are looking at the problem. While looking, please stop laughing at my pain.

But it's so *funny*!
  • danac wrote: »
    The beauty of our music intertwined will surely carry to greater and further heights than ever before.

In case you've never heard this cover.

You're welcome.
  • danacdanac Member
    danac wrote: »

You're welcome.

Loved the mandolin solo. Otherwise good but the original was better. Horrible “official video”
    Ty
  • jmcravenjmcraven Member
    edited May 6
    I just lost another streak because MK crit three times after being diseased. I am so glad that they are looking at the problem. While looking, please stop laughing at my pain.

You better watch your tone on here BVS. Turns out thinking MK is too strong actually means you have a very small intellectual capacity, and true enlightenment occurs at the moment you realize MK needs to actually be more powerful.

The mob is out to get all of us of lower intellect. I even tried being nice, but apparently they are incapable of seeing through their blind love for MK rage.

You're not actually nice. You're rude and condescending about other people's views. And you apparently live on this forum complaining about MK 24/7 and attacking anyone who has a differing opinion. I haven't been on here in a couple of days, but when I log on, you're STILL going at it. You can't just let people disagree about MK-- you seem to take every positive comment about MK as a personal affront and attack the poster.

I made a positive comment about MK on the other thread and you made a snide remark insinuating I was ignorant, and then made more posts repeating your MK feelings over and over again.

I think everybody knows how you feel about MK at this point. Can you give us all a break?
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited May 6

You're welcome.

Loved the mandolin solo. Otherwise good but the original was better. Horrible “official video”
    Ty

Haha I pretty much am on the same page. That solo is incredible! That was the first time I've seen the video, and I'll agree it was terrible. There is one part during the chorus that she improvs the melody some and pushes it to a higher harmony that I absolutely love however.

@jmcraven Hey man. Not sure what to tell you, as many people are very aware of the issues with MK and are also commenting on them. As the issues still exist, it would make sense to continue to raise awareness. Also, it's a forum where maybe we like to generally b@!#$ together. And every time there's that guy saying "give us a break"... Well let me tell you GIVE US A BREAK. You don't want to hear it. We don't want to hear it. Just comment on other threads.

As for being "mean" to people... Let's get real for a moment. People that earn my respect get my respect. It's that simple. People tend to think I'm an **** in real life until they get to know me and realize I might have a biting sense of sarcasm, but I'm actually pretty chill. I don't sugar coat things, and I don't tolerate people acting like children (This comment in no way refers to you. It's a general statement).

Wen u talk lik dis... I'm probably not going to take anything you say seriously.

If you look through my post history, you'll see I often go out of my way to help new people. I'm respectful to people who are respectful. In the case of Stan, his first comment on this thread was yet another "give us a break" post. The post added literally nothing to the conversation. He then went on to make a slew of arguably abusive posts (Even after I tried to be make amends), but people seem to like to "take sides" and only read negativity where they want to. @Brazy and @nunya both love MK and I think they are both great people! I've never spoken ill of them, and respect them both greatly.

Anyways, sorry we must have gotten off to a bad start. I'm Nick. Nice to meet you. Though I don't agree with your comment, I appreciate the well written post. I realize I'm not everyone's cup of tea.
  • I'm Nick.

Wait...wait...wait....what????
  • echonapechonap Member
    jmcraven wrote: »
    You're not actually nice. You're rude and condescending about other people's views. And you apparently live on this forum complaining about MK 24/7 and attacking anyone who has a differing opinion. I haven't been on here in a couple of days, but when I log on, you're STILL going at it. You can't just let people disagree about MK-- you seem to take every positive comment about MK as a personal affront and attack the poster.

I made a positive comment about MK on the other thread and you made a snide remark insinuating I was ignorant, and then made more posts repeating your MK feelings over and over again.

I think everybody knows how you feel about MK at this point. Can you give us all a break?

@jmcraven Welcome to the community. Please realize, we are a community on this forum. Most of us have been sh..talking together for months. You are new. Please do not go insulting one of the veterans on this board (and in the game). @MattCauthron is one of the most respected members of this community. You may not agree with his views or his posts, but we are all entitled to our opinions (even you are). However, attacking someone personally like you did in this post is against forums rules and will likely get you banned.

The Empire is recruiting.
  • danacdanac Member
    echonap wrote: »
    Please do not go insulting one of the veterans on this board (and in the game). @MattCauthron is one of the most respected members of this community. You may not agree with his views or his posts, but we are all entitled to our opinions (even you are). However, attacking someone personally like you did in this post is against forums rules and will likely get you banned.

Bah. Matt Cauthron is a craven womanizer, a degenerate gambler, a corrupter of innocent orphans, and gets all huffy when women treat him like he treats them.
  • edited May 6
    I'm Nick.

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Matrim_Cauthon

His IGN is based off of that fellow from the wheel of time series. I totally didnt make the connection though either, blew my mind the first time he told us haha
    centralcommand
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    My real name is Slim Shady. Not fat at all!
  • 2 trailer park girls go round the outside....
    litespeed
  • I'm Nick.

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Matrim_Cauthon

His IGN is based off of that fellow from the wheel of time series. I totally didnt make the connection though either, blew my mind the first time he told us haha

I guess I never made the connection because Matt Cauthron is different in both first and last name from Mat Cauthon.

And if you google Matt Cauthron, there are actually real people with that name.
  • @Skip_Holmes I started reading the Wheel of Time series when I was 10. I made this name at that time and legitimately thought it was spelled this way at first. I didn't realize until later I had misspelled it but alas... that was 19 years ago now haha

I've never played a game where this name was taken however!

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    Stop babbling and get back to the purpose of my soapbox. I just lost to MK on defense. He killed Kobal first, was diseased, and then wiped out my entire team using 5 crits. It is probably just that sticky RNG and can't be blamed on MK.

tk0sb4nqmc6e.png
  • Zombie8uZombie8u Member
    Stop babbling and get back to the purpose of my soapbox. I just lost to MK on defense. He killed Kobal first, was diseased, and then wiped out my entire team using 5 crits. It is probably just that sticky RNG and can't be blamed on MK.

tk0sb4nqmc6e.png

@bvs72 Just remember that I had this soap box first when I made a post about it a couple months ago.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @Zombie8u - your soap box didn't work.
  • Guys if we can't even craft something as simple as a box for a bar of soap to get into...

Can we really blame the developers for not being able to fix this considerably more difficult issue?

Maybe we should take a step back and really look at ourselves.
  • Mat was the biggest whiner in the series, so...fitting??? ;)
  • Mat was the biggest whiner in the series, so...fitting??? ;)

haha At the end of the day I just enjoy b!@#$ing with my friends. Some people take it personally I guess.

The true irony is how much I hate gambling in real life. He is my favorite character though. A brilliant dude who who gives as few sh!ts as possible. What more can you want from someone :)
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @MattCauthron - we looked at ourselves and see why our soap boxes didn't work. We are extra dirty thanks to @momdukz.
  • sagewithaflawsagewithaflaw Member
    edited May 6
    6os91y8p9v7s.png

An exercise in futility - why you don't put any Undead on your PvP defense, let alone 3. I almost feel guilty taking an easy win like this, but on the other hand, I am compelled to show people the error of their ways. Nothing to see here folks - as Fox News would say, "fair & balanced"...
    Post edited by sagewithaflaw on
  • ace_1650cpace_1650cp Member

tk0sb4nqmc6e.png

One could suggest you stop bringing that combo of heroes now you are aware they can get crit?

One other thing for the MK haters - please try to appreciate that having a hero that has many skills and abilities that are all useful in different ways is the way it should be for all heroes and would make the game have much more variation than it does now.

This doesn't mean his crit vs disease isn't broken and that tenacity could be deemed too strong in some situations but in pvp terms the majority of heroes are not usable in most circumstances and the have a number of skills and passives which are useless.

edited May 7
    ace_1650cp wrote: »
    One other thing for the MK haters - please try to appreciate that having a hero that has many skills and abilities that are all useful in different ways is the way it should be for all heroes and would make the game have much more variation than it does now.

This doesn't mean his crit vs disease isn't broken and that tenacity could be deemed too strong in some situations but in pvp terms the majority of heroes are not usable in most circumstances and the have a number of skills and passives which are useless.

Ace... You literally just said "Please try to appreciate what having an OP hero brings to the table" (aka a hero that can do everything) using different words.

We can't all abuse level 18 krexx.
    That's not what I said, try reading it again, that may help but I can't guarantee this.

Also I'm not sure the 2 subjects are linked?
    edited May 7
    ace_1650cp wrote: »
    That's not what I said, try reading it again, that may help but I can't guarantee this.

Also I'm not sure the 2 subjects are linked?

THEY ARE SO LINKED. Nah I'm just bitter.

You're saying MK power level should be base line and everyone else should be brought to that level. But it's far easier to bring 1 (or 3 to 4) heroes back down to the average power level, than bringing 65 up to MKs.

On top of that, you could bring MKs power level down without reducing his "diversity". Remove tenacity, take a look at dodge, and let the attack formula update handle his AOE ability. Tenacity is hardly a defining characteristic for him as you can never count on it while building an offense.
    I didn't mention power level at all, just the range of skills.

Also as you say the combat update is coming (hence why I didn't comment on his power) so we don't know exactly how that will play out for current meta heroes like MK.

The dodge thing I find very dulling, People complain his dodge is more than 25% but this is just speculation. Games like this have dodge, maybe the numbers are broken but I've not seen anyone try to measure it other than OMG 3 dodges in a row must be broken.