How to Make players happy.

123457»

Comments

• wzangwzang Member
    edited May 12
    I honestly cheat all day every day. Hate all players and completely spend millions every month
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited May 13
    Bah humbug post 1...
    Post edited by sirolk99 on
    "The Bastion" - Officer - Level 70
    http://bastion-db.boards.net/
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited May 13
    Bah humbug post 2...
    Post edited by sirolk99 on
    "The Bastion" - Officer - Level 70
    http://bastion-db.boards.net/
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    And don't even get me started on this cr@p they call runes. >:(

The problem is that this is an iOS game that has PvP. It's a problem because the devs need to make the game fun for everyone and balance things, yet also give players an incentive to pay money, as the game itself is free.

And what do you have against runes..? They're honestly one of the best changes to the game, I think. Before runes, every hero at the same star level was the same. PvP was easier I guess, but boring as well. It was just a matter of picking the right heroes to counter the other heroes. Now, (almost) any hero can be viable with the right runes, and heroes who originally played one role can play another.

And lastly... if you hate PvP so much, don't play it. That simple. If you have constructive criticism that isn't something ridiculous like "Remove runes" or "Make it so the attacker team can all go first before the defending team", then please make a nice well mannered thread about what could be done to improve PvP, because contrary to popular belief, the devs actually listen!
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    I may just be naive, but I think the only thing "killing the game" is everyone taking PvP so seriously, like it's a matter of life or death or something. If it isn't fun, just don't do it... And if PvE isn't fun... maybe it's time to leave the game? Cut your losses? I mean, no matter how much money we all spend, Dungeon Boss, like any game, likely isn't going to last forever, so if you feel like quitting after just a year or two, maybe that's what you outta do, instead of continuing day after day, constantly complaining about MK, and beating yourself up by forcing yourselves to play the currently flawed PvP system.

I've just given up on ever trying to be good at PvP, and I'm happier for it! I don't mean to sound rude, but if you think making a thread called, "How to Kill a Game" will solve your problems... You might wanna re-think your method of approach.

I have to agree with Jack regarding PvP. There's 100 top slots vs thousands of players. These will be occupied by people who

1) Have played the game for a very long time or
    2) Have spent a LOT of money on the game or
    3) Both.

You cannot finesse your way into the top ranks, you only get there with power, and some knowledge of how the heroes interact so you can field effective teams.

I've played many mobile games, Book of Heroes, World of Warriors and something that had Dragon or Monster in the title come to mind, where you collect or acquire and upgrade heroes in some fashion, battle in PvP, engage in some form of campaign or story line, and often join a Guild or other team. They also generally they last abut six months before I've completed the game or gotten bored, or the game is killed (for me) by power creep. To keep the older players engaged and hopefully spending, new characters are introduced, often weekly, and they have to be stronger than the existing ones or there's no reason to acquire them. The creep ends up with the earlier, weaker characters gathering dust.

Dungeon Boss, in comparison, has been refreshing and updating the older characters over the last few months to make them useful again. Runes were introduced to extend and vary game play. The heroes are diverse enough, and the game balanced enough, that while one or two characters may gain a temporary advantage, every player with the character has the same advantage, so the game is still fair.

This is what's kept me playing for over 430 days straight.

PvP is there is you want it, but you don't have to make it a slog. I work my way up to Champion II or II each week, then get dropped back to Gladiator I. That's enough reward for me while I'm busy playing other parts of the game, and having a life.

• wzangwzang Member
    edited May 14
    Honestly you can make top 100 if you plan the ascend over a few weeks. It's about setting yourself up to get to legend 1 than making the decision to go to t-100 from there in the following seasons. You can take your best runes and put them on 8-10 heroes and go for it. The following is from my perspective on what heroes give you the best options to make decent offensive combinations:

MK
    shade
    Furnace
    Bauble
    Viper
    Lily
    Valkin
    Shadow blade
    Emily
    Kai

9gJSaHl.gif
  • nunyanunya Member
    That's a really good synopsis of the top heroes for the current meta @wzang. Thanks. Going to go move runes around ;)
    nunya
  • danacdanac Member
    wzang wrote: »
    Honestly you can make top 100 if you plan the ascend over a few weeks. It's about setting yourself up to get to legend 1 than making the decision to go to t-100 from there in the following seasons.

Well, 100 of you can.
    Expect to buy both aether packs and at least 3 gem packs of tickets each day and run nonloss far right choice streaks with them to have a shot to hit position #100.
    Losing costs you, what, 2000 trophies off a streak? Which is another 3 packs.
    If you don’t want to sneak in the bottom, expect to buy a lot more.

Of course, there’s a bunch of other non 100 people doing the same thing.
  • nunyanunya Member
    @danac. You don't even have to do all the gem refreshes this season. Such an easy season. :)
    nunya
  • wzangwzang Member
    @danac yea you need to pay $15 every season in other to make top 100 if you don't listen to advice :#
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • wzangwzang Member
    A few more hints for t-100:

Don't bother unless you have time every Wednesday to chase those trying to break in at the last moment.

If you don't have time, you need a 25k buffer before Wednesday for peace of mind

You need to commit for it and you need to research. If you can't do a 30 streak, don't bother. Also take advantage of a free refresh and don't force matches you know you might lose at it
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • nunyanunya Member
    @wzang it's not fun if I don't try matches I might (probably will) lose at. :)
    nunya
  • nunya wrote: »

Says the person who has lost 2 fights in the past 130 >.< We have different definitions of probably lol
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I watched @nunya's last battle. She is using the almighty Dagrund. The replay ended halfway through the battle. I think Dagrund made the defense give up.
  • wzangwzang Member
    nunya wrote: »

Says the person who has lost 2 fights in the past 130 >.< We have different definitions of probably lol

Seriously, I almost choked when she said I'm going to pick your top 10. Last I checked someone was top 100 HP.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • nunyanunya Member
    edited May 14
    @wzang. That doesn't mean I runed them right :(

Also, I will have to go check the HP leaderboard now.
    nunya
  • nunya wrote: »
    @wzang. That doesn't mean I runed them right :(

Also, I will have to go check the HP leaderboard now.

Fun fact. At this very moment you are 37th on the HP board and I am 37th on the trophy board!

I'm still very far away from top 100 HP roster :( Before I quit I think I was top 25. So it goes.
  • nunyanunya Member

Fun fact. At this very moment you are 37th on the HP board and I am 37th on the trophy board!

I'm still very far away from top 100 HP roster :( Before I quit I think I was top 25. So it goes.

Good thing you checked because I promptly forgot again. And we are practically twins :)
    nunya
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @MattCauthron is too ugly to be a twin of @nunya.
  • bvs72 wrote: »

It's true. I don't quite have Beaker's fair purple complexion or charm. I least I have a beard that matches beakers hair!
  • danacdanac Member
    edited May 15
    bvs72 wrote: »

It's true. I don't quite have Beaker's fair purple complexion or charm. I least I have a beard that matches beakers hair!

Most people grow beards on their chin, not the top of their head.

Edit:
    BTW, tried last week and missed top 100 because I broke a streak of 80+ on Wednesday.
    There’s no point in trying to catch up if you’re a few thousand behind the last day.

But this season I’m not trying, instead I’m seeing if I can make Legendary one with no extra tickets.
    This requires starting at 20k, and doing one streak of all your tickets at once.
    I’m barely on pace, but I lost four matches day one.

So it looks feasible for those taking a temporary break to only use free tickets and tread water.
    That does mean no stockpiling extra tickets tho.
123457»