Level 65s in Boss 100

edited May 6 in My Dungeon Discussion
fejlvu7nsqvn.png
My understanding of the April 5th update was that laddering leagues would no longer be restricted but as a result boss 100 (no longer just top 100 since not everyone shares the same pool) would be restricted to the top players in the game in the hardest matchmaking pool.

The problem seems to be that you use player level to determine qualification for the boss 100 competition. But you use some secret calculation based on RP of a subset of your heroes to determine matchmaking pool. As a result we now have a number of people who find themselves doing quite well in the boss 100 competition even though they are facing opponents from a radically different pool from the rest of us.

So @Eej I need to know if this is something you intend to fix or if this is working as intended. Because I tell you as one of the players stuck in the hardest matchmaking pool in the game, it is extremely demotivating to see players leapfrog you by repeatedly crushing far easier players in a far easier pool.

Just as a disclaimer, I'm not accusing anyone of cheating. I don't think there is any and I have no beef at all with the particular players in the boss 100. I think the system itselfis flawed and they are capitalizing on it. Props to them, if I was in their shoes I would take advantage as well and do the exact same thing.

I just want to know if the rest of us can expect this to get worse or better. Because if the boss 100 is working as designed then I expect the list will become flooded with level 65s in the near future as it is far easier to maintain a streak in an easier pool.
centralcommand

Comments

• FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    I think the Boss 100 is just Level locked. Like 65+ is included. It has nothing to do with what kinds of defenses you are being presented.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    I think the Boss 100 is just Level locked. Like 65+ is included. It has nothing to do with what kinds of defenses you are being presented.

That's not the results that are being seen. Certain member have been tracking the trophies to gem ratios of certain low level players. They are considerably higher than top level 70 players (More than any explainable standard deviation). The logical explanation for this would be that lower level players (Or potentially lower roster power players) are seeing easier defenses in hard on average.

There has also been testing done ( @JaxBoomstick talked about this in another thread) that suggests removing runes from certain heroes has a material impact on the raid options you are given which would support the above theory.

We have tried to get confirmation from Eej, but so far we have gotten none. Considering his unexpected traveling this weekend, I wouldn't read into the silence too much however.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    This is exactly my point. I'm saying I thought the point of changing it from Top 100 to Boss 100 was to limit that particular part of pvp to be a competition between those players performing at the highest level in the hardest matchmaking pool. And if that was the point, doing that by level-locking it is clearly not working. There are players in there who are doing well but clearly not fighting in the hardest matchmaking pool.

So I'm asking - is my description of boss 100 incorrect? Or do the requirements for entry need to be adjusted?
    centralcommand
  • nunyanunya Member
    I asked that question one or two summits ago @CentralCommand. And, I was told that lower power should not mean easier opponents in the top 100. But, I still question the validity of that response.
    nunya
  • nunya wrote: »
    I asked that question one or two summits ago @CentralCommand. And, I was told that lower power should not mean easier opponents in the top 100. But, I still question the validity of that response.
    I've been watching some of stevo's battles when i remember to try and get an idea of what hes facing. Heres a couple i screenshotted. This is by no means a representative sample just what its captured so far
    tw949fhlgudc.png
    42xfez7lpmpn.png
    The second one is clearly the kind of battle that makes me strongly question that summit statement. The first one is ok. I mean ive never seen a takumi in a 4 man defense but i also only raid right. And since hes averaging 280 a raid with negligible losses it seems like hes raiding middle. And level 67 is at least in the 65+ range.

But a level 60? Idk about you @nunya but i never see that. Left, right or middle.
    centralcommand
  • nunyanunya Member
    I've never looked beyond right. But I did see this a season or so ago

8f05nvt3ak6l.jpg
    nunya
  • edited May 7
    Matchmaking has changed dramatically in the past month+ so i guess id have to ask for a more specific when. I remember battles like that but nothing in the last couple seasons.

But your right. Flukes happen. Ill keep watching. Im sure nothing will change this season anyway. Just wanted to start the conversation for the next season/summit.
    centralcommand
  • I should point out that the opponent Nunya linked is a level 68. Of course it's possible wontacceptany is a higher level, but I would gander he is actually level 60 and being offered to a level 65 player since he falls within the matchmaking's acceptable level limit range.
  • nunyanunya Member
    @CentralCommand that was 4-24. So a few seasons ago. I had it because it was one of the worst ones (and the rune power of 2 amazed me). Most of them haven't been that easy this season.
    nunya
  • edited May 7
    I should point out that the opponent Nunya linked is a level 68. Of course it's possible wontacceptany is a higher level, but I would gander he is actually level 60 and being offered to a level 65 player since he falls within the matchmaking's acceptable level limit range.
    Ah, that's different then. Here's wontacceptany for the record, he's a 61:
    4565909?gid=

centralcommand
  • This fellow is actually a 62:
    qh94af4fv7rp.png
    centralcommand
  • MelofSteelMelofSteel Member
    This game has so many grey areas that go unexplained and unattended. Considering the amount of money they MUST be making - I don't see any excuse.

It should be simple.. if a player can get up to Boss 100 - then they should be matched with the players that are competing for Boss 100 (Match with Honor points) - Regardless of level.

I haven't run into any level 62s in my match pool... I recall some 67 ishs. So why would a lower level get that privilege?

Boss 100 has the pool of Legend 1 players to match make.. easy, done.

The only thing is with the example screen shot, is Superstevo79 taking the Easy match? - hard to believe anyone grinding Boss 100 is opting for that. (haven't ready the whole thread)