Why PvP streaks was a bad idea

I think streaks should have never been introduced to the game. I am sure they were introduced to encourage spending but feel expenditures were not increased. Expenditures to get into the top 100 are driven by rewards and not by streaks. I would have probably spent more without streaks. My reasons are:

1) bugs in the game which cause streaks to end antagonizes players. A streak ending because of bugs can result in the lose of 100s of gems to the player. This increases complaints to support who are not supportive. On the second complaint they tell you that you complained once before and get nothing. Even though the initial complaint received insufficient compensation.

2) the streaks encouraged cheating (although now hopefully fixed) which caused a lot of bitterness among players and guilds. Even though cheating was supposedly stopped, the benefits gained from cheating remains. The benefits of cheating would have been much more negligible without streaks.

3) OP heroes significantly annoy players. Especially players that invested money in heroes that were nerfed and are no longer very relevant to PvP. Make MK a challenge instead of an annoyance (after fixing the disease bug).

4) I would personally prefer to always fight the hard team. I find myself more frequently fighting the medium team to keep a streak alive. I prefer PvP that is challenging and fun and not just a grind to get more trophies from a streak.

5) there are a few weirdos that set their alarm to keep their streak alive from one day to the next. They need their uninterrupted sleep. Give those poor players a break. They may survive longer to keep spending.

6) streaks make me grumpy and less likely to be funny. I need to be funny if I ever hope to get a date with Victoria.

Comments

• Lork_BaxxLork_Baxx Member
    You are totally right.

Thought about the streak system for some time, but I can not identify any real benefit of the streak system either.
    Would appreciate if it's removed.

Cheers,
    Baxxi
    1304054?gid=
  • FrogatismFrogatism Member
    I'm sure if anyone else were to raise the issue of streaks, it wouldn't get any attention what so ever, but I digress. If there are no streaks in game, what will take their place?
    image_zps4zrzt4i6.png
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    I think they should make the following changes:

1. Increase streak timer to 4 hours
    2. Make it take less wins to get to +400, thus not making the player lose thousands of trophies and hundreds of gems to catch back up. Instead of taking 20 wins to get to +400 (max at Legend), make it only take 10 wins. 160, 180, 200, 225, 250, 275, 300, 330, 360, 400 (something like that)
    edited May 8
    That would be some kind of compromise. And there would be many possibilities.

BUT
    I wouldn't miss the streaks at all.

What is the real benefit of the streak system for anybody, did not found any good argument standing against all 6 points...
    1304054?gid=
  • Lork_Baxx wrote: »
    That would be some kind of compromise. And there would be many possibilities.

BUT
    I wouldn't miss the streaks at all.

What is the real benefit of the streak system for anybody, did not found any good argument standing against all 6 points...

The benefit of streaks is it allows higher skilled/better equipped players to distance themselves from the lesser skiller/lesser equipped players through consistency of winning. If you remove streaks, the pay to win aspect of pvp becomes significantly more apparent.

I think that would be the biggest drawback of removing streaks entirely.
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    last night I went to bed with a 70 streak and actually debated setting my alarm at 4am, 6am, and 8am just to keep it going... but that would be lunacy.
  • itirnitii wrote: »
    last night I went to bed with a 70 streak and actually debated setting my alarm at 4am, 6am, and 8am just to keep it going... but that would be lunacy.

I have never done nor never will do that. In college probably, but my ability to function at work is far more important then 3k trophies.

Now I do look at run time of movies when I go see them now to determine if I can keep my streak active. It's all rather silly.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    The nice thing about mobile games is that you can play them when you like. Streaks take away from that attribute. I find myself wanting to continue to play but coming across a hard opponent that I feel I only have an 80% chance of defeating. Thus, I wait an hour instead of risking my streak. I would love to continue fighting and the matches that you might lose are the most fun. I would love experimenting with new teams but don't because of that pesky streak. E/M/H should be a sufficient to separate the skilled/better equipped players from the others as it did in the previous system. Less skilled players might even spend more trying to keep up. Right now, only a couple hundred players feel they have a chance to get into the top 100.
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    itirnitii wrote: »

I have never done nor never will do that. In college probably, but my ability to function at work is far more important then 3k trophies.

Now I do look at run time of movies when I go see them now to determine if I can keep my streak active. It's all rather silly.

I will admit I did it a few times, but only the season I gunned for first. My husband did not approve, and I was relegated to the couch.
    I would agree that E M H should be sufficient.

If you feel it is not enough, a solution could be to add a factor depending on the win/loss percentage for attack and defence.

Another compromise could be that you loose a streak point per h (not the complete streak)
    Add 1/2/4 streak points for E/M/H win.
    Substrat 4/2/1 streak points for E/M/H if you loose a battle.
    That should enable testing with hard opponents without loosing much, reduce the effect of the crashing issue, reduce the effect of cheating and the time management should become less important to win. On the other hand skill is important.

In any case I think the runes and #of raids are more important than skill (money rules).
    If the enemy has less than 3500 in runes I can win easily with a standard team without thinking in the range between 3500 to 4700 it's generally not a big deal to win easily. If the opponent has more rune power it is worth to think about it.
    1304054?gid=
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Why are you all so obsessed with streaking anyway? Keep your clothes on darnit!
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    @Joel @Eej
    PLEASE NERF STREAKS IN PVP!!!
    Thanks! :)
    "The Bastion" - Officer - Level 70
    http://bastion-db.boards.net/