[Rune Tuning] Higher stars reduces chance for Rarity upgrade

This has been mentioned before but I was looking for confirmation/clarity: when rune tuning, do higher stars reduce chance of rarity upgrade? Several times I've started with a heroic 4/5 star rune only to have it stay heroic after I've run out of retunes.

Was this ever acknowledged by @Eej or @Joel?

Comments

• Never acknowledge, but independently confirmed by just about everyone.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • It was never acknowledged. And, in fact, according to @Eej (if I understand correctly) it shouldn't work that way. But, from my observation, it sure does. (I.e. When I start off with a 5 star rare if it goes legendary it will be on the last roll and it's less likely it will go legendary)
    nunya
  • Yeah had a superior rune go 5* rare on the 2nd tune and it only made it heroic after all the tunes; a real kick in the nuts.
  • last night I had a five star heroic superior on the first tune and it didnt even go legendary... imagine my disgust after throwing away a thousand gems
  • itirnitii wrote: »
    last night I had a five star heroic superior on the first tune and it didnt even go legendary... imagine my disgust after throwing away a thousand gems

I stop tuning if I hit 5 stars before hitting legendary (unless it came with a passive)

zntCIcd.gif
  • echonap wrote: »
    itirnitii wrote: »
    last night I had a five star heroic superior on the first tune and it didnt even go legendary... imagine my disgust after throwing away a thousand gems

I stop tuning if I hit 5 stars before hitting legendary (unless it came with a passive)

I'm torn by that. On one hand, I know it will save gems, but on the other hand, you'll likely spend more mats.