Dungeon Boss Tier List!

edited May 9 in General Discussion
The community created Dungeon Boss tier list is here!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jcxeHTO_lQ9FZaAHtNvUELxObq_Y03PD5kQdsfcaLXA/edit#gid=1371706004

Please note that this tier list hopes to reflects the middle ground of Mid level and High level PVP, as well as Challenge mode and up for PVE

This aims to be a community tier list but can only become so with the help of you guys, so comment away!
Post edited by allanx on
Tagged:

Comments

• edited May 9
    Please comment here any changes you'd like to see; like " x hero down to B tier" or "Y hero up to S tier" etc.

I made this list aware of the fact that I'm not the most knowledgeable about every aspect of this game, nor have I used every hero at their optimal level. So please, give me your feedback and I promise this one will be better than the one I attempted back in October 2016.
  • edited May 9
    For PVE I considered Challenge and Boss Mode (I haven't tried the ultra-boss mode so if you have info about whos top viable I'd love those POVs)
    For PVP I considered the best of both defense and offense. So if X hero is an S+ defender but a B tier attacker they would be places in S+ because they're still that good in one side of PVP.
  • edited May 9
    I think you need to clarify what general power levels you are ranking for. I only briefly looked over PvP, but it's pretty far from matching the current meta. Is it meant to be a more mid-level ranking?
  • For PvE, Koros should be S. He clears any room. Any. (except maybe some boss modes that are fire immune :P)
  • An interesting list. As Skip said... I would disagree with most of it for high tier play.

Cool concept though!
  • Is Dagrund at the top of the list as a joke? Not that he's bad, but MK and Shade definitely should be higher than Dagrund.

Also Yasmin has to be at least a tier higher if not 2, as it stands she's one of the best healers, essential in multiple auto-run teams, and her water health bonus makes Shatter teams viable in PvP by allowing them to live through the first waves of attacks.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Which community made this?

It seems to have a lot right.. but there's quite a bit off.

IE - Shade + Zen + Kobal can annihilate tons of PVP teams -- that would probably be the goto team if Koros wasn't in the picture.

How is Dagrund anywhere near top of the chart -- unless it's just a lovefest for @Joveth
  • I think you need to clarify what general power levels you are ranking for. I only briefly looked over PvP, but it's pretty far from matching the current meta. Is it meant to be a more mid-level ranking?
    Mid-High level of PVP
    this list is more for the players who are deciding who to focus on and upgrade next so you don't max out sifu instead of shade cause you weren't well informed.
    The vanilla list is based off comments I've seen on here and my memory of how good a hero was back in December (lol) which is why people giving feedback matters.
    Also if theres demand for it I could make an Apex-of-PVP page for the Tier List.
    Is Dagrund at the top of the list as a joke? quote]
    #ForJoveth
    Joveth wrote: »
    PS. Dagrund better be OP soon. Looking at you, devs!
  • kalamadea wrote: »
    Which community made this?
    you guys, its just not community made YET - I should've made this more clear. I'll be incorporating the forums opinions into this list as we get more and more comments.

also Yasmin has moved up to A tier in PVP and Koros to S in PVE
  • I think shade should be in SS + tier.
    Jabber too
  • edited May 9
    Just off the top of my head for PVP (and I'll simplify):

S - MK, Koros, Shade, Aria, Emily, Furnace, Viperia
    A - Bauble, Hopper, Kobal, Rocky, Shadowblade, Lupina, Pontifex, Astrid, Zen, Kai,
    B - Black Diamond, Grog-Grog, Pignius, Leonidus, Valkin, Cobressa, Lily, Ember, IGOROK, Yasmin

No slow heroes on here... wonder why.. /sarcasm

Some names on here are tied to having epics - IE. Yasmin probably would be C ranked without her amazing epic proc.

• Hopper is a "Dark" character...
    Officer - Level 67 - "The Bastion"
    http://bastion-db.boards.net/
  • More PVP edits based on input. We're making progress.

A - Bauble, Hopper, Kobal, Rocky, Shadowblade, Lupina, Pontifex, Astrid, Zen, Kai,
    B - Black Diamond, Grog-Grog, Pignius, Leonidus, Valkin, Cobressa, Lily, Ember, IGOROK, Yasmin

Some names on here are tied to having epics - IE. Yasmin probably would be C ranked without her amazing epic proc.

Why would you consider Aria S tier? She serves 90% of her purpose as a no runed 1 star hero. She is literally there in most situations purely as a stat stick for MK. It's a much more rare occasion that she will actually win you the fight. I would not suggest any new players "investing" in her past the first star.

Kobal would be a similar argument. Whenever I use him, I literally just want him to die. I wish I could revert hit epic back to level 0 and his stars back to 1.

Valkin and Lily in my opinion are S tier or higher. Bauble almost certainly deserves a spot there too.

I wouldn't even put Black Diamond on the list. She is currently garbage tier. Pignius is another stat stick that doesn't really serve any other purpose (Could be naked 1 star and do what people use him for).

Obviously this is all an opinion. It's interesting to see how others rate heroes.

What? You mean no one can physically use a team that can try and outlive he onslaught of attacks and go last rather than be quick and deadly? It's almost like the diversity of attacking teams is severely lacking or something. But Pssh. You just aren't trying hard enough!
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • edited May 9
    kalamadea wrote: »

Why would you consider Aria S tier? She serves 90% of her purpose as a no runed 1 star hero. She is literally there in most situations purely as a stat stick for MK. It's a much more rare occasion that she will actually win you the fight. I would not suggest any new players "investing" in her past the first star.

Kobal would be a similar argument. Whenever I use him, I literally just want him to die. I wish I could revert hit epic back to level 0 and his stars back to 1.

Valkin and Lily in my opinion are S tier or higher. Bauble almost certainly deserves a spot there too.

I wouldn't even put Black Diamond on the list. She is currently garbage tier. Pignius is another stat stick that doesn't really serve any other purpose (Could be naked 1 star and do what people use him for).

Obviously this is all an opinion. It's interesting to see how others rate heroes.

To me here's the biggest flaws with this list:
    • Way to many rank levels. It's just confusing. If this is about where to invest resources next you really just need "priority", "situational" and "garbage". All the other levels are just noise
    • You need to work teams in somehow. Case in point - Matt says Bauble is S tier. He's right in my opinion but bauble cannot win a match alone (unless your plan is to get defensive wins via your opponents quitting, then maybe). Bauble is S tier because of his interaction with furnace specifically and other armored heroes to a lesser extent. You need to somehow work the teams into this. Sometimes situational heroes are more important then priority if you find yourself in dire need of a specific team. You work on the team together usually.
    • What's the point of separating them by color? Just seems like extra noise to me. The point is to categorize the heroes into buckets to give people a general direction of who to work on next. Color really doesn't have anything to do with that I would think.

Few specific hero notes:
    • Krex needs a note - do not invest anything in this hero, no levels, no stars, no nothing. He's a fantastic hero, just turns out he's actually at his best if he dies as quickly as possible. Later on in the game you can decide if you want a tanky krex. They're good too but most newer players with stretched resources will get better value out of him by leaving him weak.
    • Kobal is a more interesting one. Matt's right, you want him to die - in PVP. But in PVE he's actually a super star. He needs to go to S++ tier. These days I would honestly say do kobal before anyone else (to anyone looking for PVE advice). It takes a lot of attack runes but its a lot cheaper to invest in one hero instead of a team of 4 and he basically needs no help against any level without fast heroes. And if there are fasts? Toss in indigo and furnace and continue the rampage.
    • I have no idea why ponti is so high up your pve list. Kobal is just ponti on crack thanks to his constant energy gain. Personally I'd bury ponti at the bottom of both lists but I know people have this weird obsession with him and he does drive mid-level PVP players crazy with his reincarnation. When you get to end game PVP though he drops way way down so be careful telling people to invest too much there.
    • Kozar, Nub, and IGO are S-tier in PVP? That can't possibly be true. They're all awful in PVP (after kozar's nerf that is)
    centralcommand
  • Few specific hero notes:
    • Krex needs a note - do not invest anything in this hero, no levels, no stars, no nothing. He's a fantastic hero, just turns out he's actually at his best if he dies as quickly as possible. Later on in the game you can decide if you want a tanky krex. They're good too but most newer players with stretched resources will get better value out of him by leaving him weak.
    • Kobal is a more interesting one. Matt's right, you want him to die - in PVP. But in PVE he's actually a super star. He needs to go to S++ tier. These days I would honestly say do kobal before anyone else (to anyone looking for PVE advice). It takes a lot of attack runes but its a lot cheaper to invest in one hero instead of a team of 4 and he basically needs no help against any level without fast heroes. And if there are fasts? Toss in indigo and furnace and continue the rampage.
    • I have no idea why ponti is so high up your pve list. Kobal is just ponti on crack thanks to his constant energy gain. Personally I'd bury ponti at the bottom of both lists but I know people have this weird obsession with him and he does drive mid-level PVP players crazy with his reincarnation. When you get to end game PVP though he drops way way down so be careful telling people to invest too much there.
    • Kozar, Nub, and IGO are S-tier in PVP? That can't possibly be true. They're all awful in PVP (after kozar's nerf that is)

This is the kind of response I'm looking for, could use more explanation for that last point but this is good insight.
    (not quoted here) the lists are by color cause it looks cleaner than 18 names in one box.
    Could add a "notable teams" page with a summary for each team but that would be all up to you guys to provide cause I'm not a top tier PVP guy
  • @CentralCommand I have won several pvp matches with bauble as my last remaining hero (against 2/3 snakes). It takes forever but can be done. :)
    nunya
  • edited May 10
    Mangle jaw for A pve and B pvp
    He's great if runed properly but I wouldnt classify him as a koros substitute for raw power. Easily clears dungeons just as good as koros with decent last in effects. PvP he can shred of kept alive long enough (usually the issue)
    And any bulky green team with lily makes pve irrelevant. If she's not S rank idk what could be.
    As for hopper maybe A for pve.
    She has some serious lasting skills.that bunny can live forever lol but the added time added to each dungeon due to get jumping does make her less appealing. Not any less useful ofc.
    Follow me on Twitch @Auraofsmiles
  • The Nature team (Rocky/Willow/Lilly/Julius) is incredibly strong and will get you through almost any PvE level, and has enough bulk to withstand most opening attacks in PvP. In PvP, it's strategy is simply to get Lilly's first ability off, then just live enough turns for the vines to kill everyone. Her vines can't be dodged and seem to deal percent-health-damage, meaning once Lilly lays her vines down, you need only survive enough turns. Willow and Julius make the team crazy bulky, and the Vines heal your team, furthering that bulk.

I'm not saying each member is great on their own, but combined they're a very powerful force that really only can be stopped by a Koros team, or another Nature team. That should be considered when ranking them.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Your comment will be posted after it's approved? What the heck happened to my post?
  • Guessing it was a long one and you edited it to change one word or punctuation.

The mods will have to unlock it so that it'll show up.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Guessing it was a long one and you edited it to change one word or punctuation.

The mods will have to unlock it so that it'll show up.

grrr... well that's annoying. And yes, it was a bit more explanatory - perhaps this is the system telling me TL:DR...
  • In my personal opinion I think Phenol and Phemus should be in B-Average for PvP. After their "Monstrous" buff, both heroes are pretty durable. Phemus' attack and def are good, and Phenol can be stupidly tankt if you rune em' up.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • Can I get my post "approved" @Joel or should I give up on making any posts longer than 3 sentences?
  • I don't think they ever actually go through and approve them, not from my experience. Just make sure you don't edit your posts too quickly after your last edit and they won't disappear.