Passive buffs and Fear

I forget the thread where this issue was raised, and a cursory search didn’t find it.
The question was whether a hero leaving the dungeon in fear removes the passive.
The answer is no, I just had a Lilly run away and Viperia still had the 2x damage vs armor buff after.

I can’t speak for removal by Hopper etc.

Comments

• edited May 10
    I answered the question in that thread.

You answered the question again.

Redundancy in facts is always a good thing!

Hopper would not steal a body because he needs to be there. Just like Ember would not heal your party at the end of the turn if she was not there.
  • I answered the question in that thread.

Hopper would not steal a body because he needs to be there. Just like Ember would not heal your party at the end of the turn if she was not there.

I belive he is saying that if a body is removed by hopper, do their passives still count?
    I believe it is yes, unless it is healing, like NubNub Ember or Yasmin
  • NobodyPi wrote: »

I belive he is saying that if a body is removed by hopper, do their passives still count?

Oh then yes they could continue to function (Untested). It is my understanding that passive buffs (Like Cobressa's crit or Lily's x2 damage to armored) are merely applied at the start of the round on the appropriate heroes. They are essentially invisible buffs on your character that can't be dispelled.
  • NobodyPi wrote: »

Oh then yes they could continue to function (Untested). It is my understanding that passive buffs (Like Cobressa's crit or Lily's x2 damage to armored) are merely applied at the start of the round on the appropriate heroes. They are essentially invisible buffs on your character that can't be dispelled.

the buffs are applied at the beginning of the match, not any specific round. Apparently.

I mentioned Hopper because the question was, if the hero supplying the buff is removed from the match, not merely killed, would the buff still apply? Fear and corpse removal were the two ways of removal that were questioned.
    I didn’t recall whether the fear issue was definitively answered, so I did. A runaway hero's' passives still apply for the whole match