Tokens/Stars improvements update?

Hi I've not kept up with forum discussions, so apologies if this is elsewhere, but a while ago (month? two?) it was announced that there would be some rebalancing, so that reaching 5 or 6 stars would actually be worth it. I've forgotten how the rebalancing against over powered runes was meant to happen, but some indication was given that they were 'looking into it'. Are they still looking? Any idea what they're going to do, or when?

Comments

• Eej said at a recent summit that any change in regard to stars would come out alongside the attack formula update.
  • oredithoredith Member
    I think "soon" applies here.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I hope the stat difference between 4 and 5 stars isn't too huge, normally I'm okay with 4* as long as it's at least heroic, I'd hate to have to spend extra gems to get that last star on runes.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    I hope the stat difference between 4 and 5 stars isn't too huge, normally I'm okay with 4* as long as it's at least heroic, I'd hate to have to spend extra gems to get that last star on runes.

I mihgt be mistaken, but I think it is about hero stars, not on runes
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    In further discussions the idea also came up to have runes scale with the user level, i.e. So a super low level person would be simply one shotting all competition because he has managed to collect overpowered runes well before he should have and/or before others at his same level are able to craft/collect them.

I personally like this idea because it might bring some challenge back to PVE. In the old days, you actually had to think about elemental advantages and team synergies. These days you can simply load your best runes on four heroes and steamroller through both Normal and challenge mode campaigns.

(Challenge mode would be made similarly more difficult in that the rune scaling would effect heroes as their level is temporarily reduced for each dungeon.)

The idea is that each type of rune might be less effective below a certain cutoff. I don't remember at what levels each type of rune is supposed to be introduced/available but that would likely be the baseline or point at which 100% efficacy is achieved.

• I hope the stat difference between 4 and 5 stars isn't too huge, normally I'm okay with 4* as long as it's at least heroic, I'd hate to have to spend extra gems to get that last star on runes.

OP is referring to hero stars, not runes.