Legend 1 Season of Grace Award Changed?

So I was wondering if the award for Legend 1 changed last minute? I finished my level 33 character with 49464 trophy points, and only got an Improved Duelist Rune when I ranked in Legend 1. In past seasons, I was getting the Greater Champion Rune as a award. I also noticed that for this Season in Legend 1, I can only get an Improved Champion Rune.

Comments

• edited May 10
    Rocksor wrote: »
    So I was wondering if the award for Legend 1 changed last minute? I finished my level 33 character with 49464 trophy points, and only got an Improved Duelist Rune when I ranked in Legend 1. In past seasons, I was getting the Greater Champion Rune as a award. I also noticed that for this Season in Legend 1, I can only get an Improved Champion Rune.

This is how it was the whole week, so it was not changed "last minute". You probably did not notice the change.

Specifically it was changed from greater heroic, to improved legendary. A few weeks ago the level 70 reward was changed from greater legendary to superior heroic. The developers claimed they did this because it was a better reward. This isn't actually the case however, as a superior heroic rune average stats are less than a greater legendary. Thus they reverted it back to how it was 3 weeks ago. The issue is, I'm not sure the power statement regarding Greater vs Superior is true when looking at Improved vs Greater.

It would seem logical that the best possible option (Be that Tier Legendary, or Tier +1 heroic) be the reward.
  • Rocksor wrote: »

Yes it did change. I don't remember the exact runes that were given out, but for Legend 1, you should have gotten an improved legendary 5* rune.

I believe the thought process was that legendary runes at the lower tier were better than the heroic at the tier above.