Introducing Stone Fist's Epic: The Sapphire Gauntlets! (And Other Stone Fist Updates!)

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited May 12 in General Discussion
93vsy9gsdcin.png

Stone Fist has finished forging a powerful (and very stylish) pair of gauntlets to beat his enemies with even greater efficiency! These Sapphire Gauntlets pack quite a punch, increasing Stone Fists's attack, defense, and crit chance. In addition, when Stone Fist does and Epic Attack, he'll deal 2x his normal damage on the target, do a bit of splash (yay, water puns!) damage on all enemies, and purge one buff from each enemy!

But that's not all! In addition, Stone Fist now has the following changes. These are unrelated to the Epic.
  • Stonefist is now a Construct! HOWEVER, he has a special flavor of Construct called "Living Stone", which makes him immune to debuffs while still allowing him to be healed normally!
  • "Taunt" is now "Water On Rock": Forces enemies to target single attacks on Stone Fist, increases his defense, and reduces the attack of melee attackers that hit him. Starts powered. (Note: Starts *powered*, not active.)
  • "Smack Down" is now "Provoking Pummel": Melee Physical attack that provokes target into attacking this hero.
  • Stone Fist now unlocks a new passive at second Ascension "Stone Cold": Chance to chill melee attackers and chance to chill on hit.
  • "Stone Immune" and "Impervious" have been removed, as they're redundant with "Living Stone".
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    These are rock solid updates!

I really dig the changes.

This thread sure is a gem!

I'd make more rock puns, but they wouldn't be mine.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • PooombahPooombah Member
    edited May 11
    Looks like fun
  • Nice changes!
  • echonapechonap Member
    When will permafrost be open?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    echonap wrote: »
    When will permafrost be open?

3pm CST :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Season of the leviathan
  • Stone Fist, a timeless classic, has come back and better than ever! Loving these changes to him! And I'm guessing he's the "Leviathan..."
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    Stone Fist, a timeless classic, has come back and better than ever! Loving these changes to him! And I'm guessing he's the "Leviathan..."

I dunno, maybe I'm just imagining it but aren't some leviathans reptilian in looks?
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited May 11
    Joel wrote: »

Stone Fist has finished forging a powerful (and very stylish) pair of gauntlets to beat his enemy's with even greater efficiency! These Sapphire Gauntlets pack quite a punch, increasing Stone Fists's attack, defense, and crit chance. In addition, when Stone Fist does and Epic Attack, he'll deal 2x his normal damage on the target, do a bit of splash (yay, water puns!) damage on all enemies, and purge one buff from each enemy!

But that's not all! In addition, Stone Fist now has the following changes. These are unrelated to the Epic.
    • Stonefist is now a Construct! HOWEVER, he has a special flavor of Construct called "Living Stone", which makes him immune to debuffs while still allowing him to be healed normally!
    • "Taunt" is now "Water On Rock": Forces enemies to target single attacks on Stone Fist, increases his defense, and reduces the attack of melee attackers that hit him. Starts powered. (Note: Starts *powered*, not active.)
    • "Smack Down" is now "Provoking Pummel": Melee Physical attack that provokes target into attacking this hero.
    • Stone Fist now unlocks a new passive at second Ascension "Stone Cold": Chance to chill melee attackers and chance to chill on hit.
    • "Stone Immune" and "Impervious" have been removed, as they're redundant with "Living Stone".

Solid changes.. but he still uses his taunt at the end of the second round and he's slow.

Basically by the time he decides to be a tank, there's nothing left alive to save on your team. Making him very hard to want to use in PVP defense.

Please consider moving his Water on Rock to his second ability and Fist of Justice to his third.

• edited May 11
    I LOVE constructs. ever since the integration of Furnace introducing construct. I looked at phenol and Stonefist and wished they had been converted to construct. since at the time they looked the part.
    but phenol has been blessed with Monster. and now Stonefist has joined the heroes I absolutely fan over.
    a little dissappinted by Alexandros becoming a construct as I still want him to become a spirit. but beggars can't be choosers.

THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited May 11
    @Joel so I noticed level 10 requires 12 Frost Etched Bars and 10 Frozen Tomes, when all the other blue heroes up to this point have had the mismatched Flame Etched Bars and Blazing Tomes. This is great!

Any input on if this was retroactively fixed for all blue heroes or just stonefist?

EDIT: Level 11 also uses Frost Spirits.
    kalamadea wrote: »

Stone Fist has finished forging a powerful (and very stylish) pair of gauntlets to beat his enemy's with even greater efficiency! These Sapphire Gauntlets pack quite a punch, increasing Stone Fists's attack, defense, and crit chance. In addition, when Stone Fist does and Epic Attack, he'll deal 2x his normal damage on the target, do a bit of splash (yay, water puns!) damage on all enemies, and purge one buff from each enemy!

Solid changes.. but he still uses his taunt at the end of the second round and he's slow.

Basically by the time he decides to be a tank, there's nothing left alive to save on your team. Making him very hard to want to use in PVP defense.

Please consider moving his Water on Rock to his second ability and Fist of Justice to his third.

Not every hero has to be perfect for PvP.
  • echonapechonap Member
    ghc08qt28225.png
    v5dwvuvnlve8.png
    echonap wrote: »
    snip

Is he PVP viable now?

• kalamadea wrote: »

Water on Rock is already his second ability.
  • @Joel or anyone for that matter, what is the point of saying "target single attacks"?

"Taunt" is now "Water On Rock": Forces enemies to target single attacks on Stone Fist, increases his defense, and reduces the attack of melee attackers that hit him. Starts powered. (Note: Starts *powered*, not active.)

I noticed that every hero with Taunt now says "single attacks". However, even an AoE attack has to target the taunter (unless you have blind eye), so nothing really changed with the new wording.

I'm glad nothing has changed because being able to target ANY hero using AoE attacks would change a lot of strategies, but just thought it was odd to see the description talk about single target attacks when it's EVERY attack (single or AOE) that has to first target the taunter.

What am I missing?
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    @Joel or anyone for that matter, what is the point of saying "target single attacks"?

"Taunt" is now "Water On Rock": Forces enemies to target single attacks on Stone Fist, increases his defense, and reduces the attack of melee attackers that hit him. Starts powered. (Note: Starts *powered*, not active.)

I noticed that every hero with Taunt now says "single attacks". However, even an AoE attack has to target the taunter (unless you have blind eye), so nothing really changed with the new wording.

I'm glad nothing has changed because being able to target ANY hero using AoE attacks would change a lot of strategies, but just thought it was odd to see the description talk about single target attacks when it's EVERY attack (single or AOE) that has to first target the taunter.

What am I missing?

By "Second ability" he means counting his basic as his first ability, so a hero would have a total of 4 abilities. He wants Water on Rock to be Stonefist's first special ability so that on PvP Defense, it would be used first. Sort of like Sir William.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    I don't think I got a Mysterious Totem from the quest today. Anyone else track whether they received theirs? I noticed it when I was only had 0/3 after leveling Stone Fist to Epic Level 10.
  • echonapechonap Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    I don't think I got a Mysterious Totem from the quest today. Anyone else track whether they received theirs? I noticed it when I was only had 0/3 after leveling Stone Fist to Epic Level 10.

Level 9 requires 1 Mysterious Totem
  • jice73jice73 Member
    I can confirm I received a mysterious totem. I was tracking them before and after.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Ah. Thank you, Echonap!
  • mrdahlmrdahl Member
    Rework and new epics are always welcome but these are extremely lackluster.
    The sapphire gauntlets are probably the weakest epic of all and Stonefist is still a mediocre slow tank.
    I highly doubt that we will se anymore of Stonefist in either PvP or PVP despite these changes.
    If the taunt could just start active..........

Make Undead Great Again
    edited May 12
    mrdahl wrote: »
    Rework and new epics are always welcome but these are extremely lackluster.
    The sapphire gauntlets are probably the weakest epic of all and Stonefist is still a mediocre slow tank.
    I highly doubt that we will se anymore of Stonefist in either PvP or PVP despite these changes.
    If the taunt could just start active..........

Even if it said "if on a team with Yasmin"... But I'm hard pressed to think about taking Stonefist w/ epic over IGOROK w/ his epic when IGOROK give blue heroes the shatter team heal capability.

Or maybe if his epic gave him some lifesteal based on damage done.

I'm glad to see Stonefist get some love, but even with the changes + epic he's still quite a bit behind.

Heroes w/ epic + underwhelming = Lady Nim (haven't bothered to FA), Willow, Rogar (haven't bothered to FA), and now Stonefist.

Things that could have made him more interesting.

1. Starts taunted if on a team with Yasmin
    2. Epic proc grants blue team defense buff
    3. Epic proc gave Stonefist health based off damage done
    4. Or as I mentioned before, Water on Rock (his taunt) was moved to his second ability so he would taunt on the first round of PVP defense
    5. Grants other slow heroes on his team an additional 10-25% HP/ATK/chance to revenge

• BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited May 12

Stone Fist has finished forging a powerful (and very stylish) pair of gauntlets to beat his enemy's with even greater efficiency!

Wrong.

Stone Fist has finished forging a powerful (and very stylish) pair of gauntlets to beat his enemies with even greater efficiency!

Right. Just saying.

Love the new epic weapon. Stone Fist is replacing Zurk in my autorun Permafrost Ice team and doing really well. He's a survivor, and pushes Nub-Nub into third action so he gets to heal more often. Zurk's ability to generate haste, combined with extra hits from crits via Bramble, often meant for me that he got hit 8 times by revenge attacks and got killed before Nubbins had a chance to heal him.
    Post edited by Barleyman on
    Barleyman wrote: »

Stone Fist has finished forging a powerful (and very stylish) pair of gauntlets to beat his enemy's with even greater efficiency!

Wrong.

Stone Fist has finished forging a powerful (and very stylish) pair of gauntlets to beat his enemies with even greater efficiency!

Right. Just saying.

Love the new epic weapon. Stone Fist is replacing Zurk in my autorun Permafrost Ice team and doing really well. He's a survivor, and pushes Nub-Nub into third action so he gets to heal more often. Zurk's ability to generate haste, combined with extra hits from crits via Bramble, often meant for me that he got hit 8 times by revenge attacks and got killed before Nubbins had a chance to heal him.

Why you gotta correct literally everything, man? If ya get the point, no harm done. At least don't have such an a t t i t u d e about it! :blush:
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    A few undocumented updates to Stonefist:

* Base hero power at level 70, FA, 6* increased from 3,384 to 3,668
    * Last ability is now 100% of attack power compared to 95% before the update
    * As usual when someone gets the epic weapon, the basic attack damage goes from 49.5% of attack power to 50% of attack power.

I'm still curious as to why base attack for epic heroes goes from 49.5% to 50%. Not a big deal but why bother changing at all?
    Foozle wrote: »

* As usual when someone gets the epic weapon, the basic attack damage goes from 49.5% of attack power to 50% of attack power.

I'm still curious as to why base attack for epic heroes goes from 49.5% to 50%. Not a big deal but why bother changing at all?

Is it on all heroes or just heroes with Epics that give Attack bonuses?
  • Zombie8uZombie8u Member
    Foozle wrote: »

@Foozle You are the real hero.