Hero frozen after Resurrection

MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
edited May 12 in Bugs & Technical Issues
Can anyone explain this.

The defense is SB, MK, Furnace, Loe. I attack Furnace with Valk and hit Furnace, MK, SB, Leo. I kill MK, SB, and then Leo who resurrects MK. When MK resurrects he becomes frozen and skips his next turn.

Does freeze take place at the end of damage phase? This would seem different from most other affects like disease which apply mid AOE.

Edit: Order of heroes listed is order of events.

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    There are debuffs like that. Icebloom’s does damage then freeze. I’ve had heroes dodge the damage of an effect but not the debuff. Furnace’s aoe also works this way, I’ve had heroes dodge the attack but still get burning debuff. I think there are others like that.
    I know there are other attacks that do debuff then damage.
  • danac wrote: »
    There are debuffs like that. Icebloom’s does damage then freeze. I’ve had heroes dodge the damage of an effect but not the debuff. Furnace’s aoe also works this way, I’ve had heroes dodge the attack but still get burning debuff. I think there are others like that.
    I know there are other attacks that do debuff then damage.

I don't think what you are referring to is relevant here.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    It makes perfect sense to me.

It's the same reason that Practiced Hunter gets activated at the end of the turn, even if Koros is killed and then resurrected by Leo's death after.

I think it's kinda lame mechanics in both cases.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    It makes perfect sense to me.

It's the same reason that Practiced Hunter gets activated at the end of the turn, even if Koros is killed and then resurrected by Leo's death after.

I think it's kinda lame mechanics in both cases.

I was more looking for confirmation of mechanics. This would imply freeze is applied after the entire damage round. This is inconsistent with many status affects that apply mid damage round.

I suppose I'm simply pointing out a potential inconsistency of status effect coding.
  • danacdanac Member
    I misread.
    I don’t know if furnace applies burn at the end of aoe or not , he might, but it’s definitely applied after the attack as a separate debuff.
    However, I’m fairly sure Icebloom’s effect is the same as Valkin’s. In fact, Igor’s is too. He applies damage, and after all damage is applied, the game then goes back and applies freeze to each individual.
  • @MattCauthron

Just had this happen in a PvP match. I used Valkin's artillery move and inadvertently click on Koros (instead of Leo). Koros died along with MK and Leo. Upon Leo's death, Koros was revived. After Koros was revived, he was frozen.

So it appears the freeze portion is applied after all other damage and passives take place it seems.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    @MattCauthron

Just had this happen in a PvP match. I used Valkin's artillery move and inadvertently click on Koros (instead of Leo). Koros died along with MK and Leo. Upon Leo's death, Koros was revived. After Koros was revived, he was frozen.

So it appears the freeze portion is applied after all other damage and passives take place it seems.

Never actually thought about this interaction before but I did note that valkin's freeze behaves a little strangely. Polar pounding and selwyn's thing hit and freeze people one by one as they go but valkin's never animated like that. With his every enemy gets hit one by one, knocked over, and gets back up. Then after all that finishes freeze fires on anyone that doesn't resist.

So in short - yes I always believed it was a separate event fired after the damage portion of the attack completed. I never considered what that would do with leo but I suppose chalk it up to another "leo's rez is broken because heroes that died that turn still remember things from their prior lives" bug.
    centralcommand
  • danacdanac Member
    To be clear, upon examination, there's different mechanics for different heroes.

But damage and buff/debuff are two different actions. Sometimes b/d is applied to a group before damage, like in Koros's case. I think there are others.
    Sometimes it's applied individually, like in Viperia's attack, or in Kobal's death disease.

Sometimes the damage is assessed to the whole team, then the d/b is. After watching, I know that this applies to Igor, Valkin, and iirc Icebloom's freeze.
    I don't know if it applies to Selwyn, or to other nonfreeze effects.