Fool to leave, idiot to return!

Hey!
So I quit dungeon boss; maybe a year ago when they first brought out runes. I cannot cope with change! I have just reloaded the game and OMG EVERYTHING has changed. When I left, torchy, bovus, Igo and nub were my go to team. Now i don't even know who is who. Can anyne help me with who to concentrate on upgrading?
Fanks

Comments

• debletdeblet Member
    Also Boss Mode! What the hell! I can't get past the first stage. HELP MEEEEEEE
  • danacdanac Member
    Delete the game again.

You’re welcome.
  • danacdanac Member
    In case you don’t:
    First, make two teams, an undead with Yorik, Overlord or Hansuke, Bromm, Zomm. And a goblin team.
    Get runes, first improved or greaters. Put runes that increase crit on the goblins and defensive or vampire runes on the undead.
    Use those teams for boss mode. They work in most cases.

Second, for PVP or some boss mode dungeons, you want, especially, Kobal, Koros, the snakes, Furnace, Bauble, Shade [tho he’s VIP right now], Kira.
    These are the first ones to concentrate on. I’m sure I’m forgetting some.
    Your general strategy should be to complete Challenge mode and farm any tokens you want there, get runes to make better runes, get good enough runes to get epics from Boss Island, save gems to make runes, especially high end greaters, or superiors
  • Pipe901Pipe901 Member
    It's all around runes now. I quit and came back again, and boy it's the struggle. Once you get decent runes on your characters you should be able to play normally though. MK Is really sweet rn , and so are the reptiles , furnace, bauble and shade. Koros and Valkin are also pretty sweet-
  • Stars are just useless now
    Focus on good runes
    Doudidarling - French Touch "family"
    Level : 70
    Trophies : 390k
    Roster : 350k
  • debletdeblet Member
    urg, it all sounds no fun at all. But I will follow the above and try my best!
    thanks guys
  • debletdeblet Member
    Its me again, So I get the point of runes now! But I still can't beat anyone in PVP and am useless in Boss mode so how on earth do I get my hands on decent runes or epics to bring my stats up? its driving me craaaaaazy
  • RobSnowRobSnow Member
    Hey @deblet . If you add me on LINE (https://line.me/en/) by searching for LINE ID: robsnow84 , I will be happy to help you get through these stages :smile: You'll probably have too many questions to answer in one forum post.
    RobSnow
  • ckall056ckall056 Member
    deblet wrote: »
    Also Boss Mode! What the hell! I can't get past the first stage. HELP MEEEEEEE

Boss Mode was meant to be the toughest of the tough, with exception of possibly the VH dungeons and the Legendary Boss Island dungeons.
    Once you get a good supply of greater runes, you should be able to waltz through most of the ones that dont force you to use specific heroes.
    I got videos of sample teams for all 66 if you need them.
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • HellaMHellaM Member
    edited August 23
    And I just left because its skinner boxing me to death. Even if you play 24/7. Upgrade 1 rune and you are out of gold. Get 20 pvp matches in a row that are impossible to win that i spent a million gold to get ... What am grinding for. I already have day job. Having hopeless grind in a game that is constantly starving you is pointless. A typical a game allows the most active players to not starve, so they can feel its worth their while, with the hours upon hours being put in it.

This game is constantly yelling at me - "Give me a 1000$ or get lost".
    Get lost it is then.

One click spends me 150k on a rune. I find a rare secret chest room. TADA! 2000 gold! You might as well put a middle finger in it instead- it would be less insulting.
  • Hella, I'm not sure where you're stuck. I've spent maybe $10 in the last year on the game and had no problems getting into the top 100 on most of the leaderboards.

Assuming you're at least a level 70 at this point?
  • BairokBairok Member
    It's a long time game in my opinion. I've spent some money too, but not 1000$ :)

And I think the game is still in development, so there will be some adjustments in the future.
  • HellaMHellaM Member
    edited August 26
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Hella, I'm not sure where you're stuck. I've spent maybe $10 in the last year on the game and had no problems getting into the top 100 on most of the leaderboards.

Assuming you're at least a level 70 at this point?

I'm not stuck anywhere. I just refuse to be bancrupt for life.
    $10!!

Lol?

Their super special promo just offered me 35 nub nub tokens and some bs fort 20 Euros. You can't get a fart in a jar for $10 in this game.

And no I was lvl 55 ish. This is about as far as I can care about this Skinner box`ucopia.

600 Gems per Improved rune. And then you have to pay for the gold too. No thx. And this isn't even end game, I can imagine the cut throat expenses there.

• @HellaM - this game allows your to obtain at least 300 gems and a million gold per DAY - with very minimal effort. (at level 70) FOR FREE.

If that's not enough for you - yeah.. pay up or cya!

There's no secret that DB will entice their player base with offers to accelerate their game progress for money.. you really want to blame them for trying to make a buck for offering a continuous content F2P P2W whatever platform?

Good riddance.

And if you're wasting 600 gems on improved runes... quit now.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited August 27
    deblet wrote: »
    Its me again, So I get the point of runes now! But I still can't beat anyone in PVP and am useless in Boss mode so how on earth do I get my hands on decent runes or epics to bring my stats up? its driving me craaaaaazy

Stepping stones. You can't jump straight into Boss Mode with poor runes and 3* heroes and expect to win.

Runes come in four levels. Build the best you can get, and use those to get to the next level.

Completing the tower every day for gems is vital to crafting your own runes.
    Post edited by Barleyman on
  • HellaMHellaM Member
    edited August 27
    MelofSteel wrote: »
    @HellaM - this game allows your to obtain at least 300 gems and a million gold per DAY - with very minimal effort. (at level 70) FOR FREE.

If that's not enough for you - yeah.. pay up or cya!

There's no secret that DB will entice their player base with offers to accelerate their game progress for money.. you really want to blame them for trying to make a buck for offering a continuous content F2P P2W whatever platform?

Good riddance.

And if you're wasting 600 gems on improved runes... quit now.

Oh my god I get a million for free wow. I may feel like milionaire. Oh but then by the time i refresh the pvp lists to avoid all the 6 starred people who are unbetable i spent 2 million. And again 1 rune easily costs a million and a half.

I like how all the defensive fanboys totally ignore any arguable points and skip to bs excuses.

And I forgot to mention the lovely balance of it all. Its so balanced that even the devs pack the tower full of masuta kira and shadow. I've played to lvl 55 and never saw some heroes in the tower once - even the devs apparently think they are crap - as they never use them.

And I'm spending gems on improved runes? Funny thing that - the game just matched me with a guy with 3 greater runes. Maybe i should fight him with no runes at all right? And I fully upgraded 1 Improved rune?! Oh **** it cost me 3 million..
    Post edited by HellaM on
  • I would recommend against buying that fart in a jar. $3 for a month of daily gems is a much better deal.
  • @HellaM - what a arguable point did I skip?

You complained about gems, gold and something about not willing to go bankrupt to play the game and I addressed those.

Oh I know - I left one out.... don't get suckered in to buying nub nub bundles... or any hero bundles. That's what keeps these kinds of games running... suckers. Don't be a sucker. And by sucker I mean impatient. But really mean sucker.

I had to interject, your comments were baseless and misinforming to the OP... they only proved you have a poor concept of resource management.

@deblet - keep your nose to the grindstone.. take advantage of these event dungeons that gives you greater/superior runes everytime.. run as much as you can to salvage rune mats.

Good luck!