Best way to chill?

Today's quest is the most generous totem reward quest ever granting an equivalent of NINE totems per repeat. With this reward every 20 enemies chilled that's just under one totem per two chills.

What's the best way to chill a lot of enemies? Indigo with energy potions? Stonefist solo normal lich with lifesteal runes?

Comments

• sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited May 12
    MysteriosX wrote: »
    Today's quest is the most generous totem reward quest ever granting an equivalent of NINE totems per repeat. With this reward every 20 enemies chilled that's just under one totem per two chills.

What's the best way to chill a lot of enemies? Indigo with energy potions? Stonefist solo normal lich with lifesteal runes?

I'd be interested in this, too.

(I was originally going to reply "Just kick back with a good movie and some microwave popcorn - best way to chill)
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited May 12
    I believe Grog has a combo he can do with Snow Day and Frost Breath ?

Oh, and poor Takumi... he can chill with his first ability and passive crit... if I had him ascended that high (which I don't.. cause, ya)

• oredithoredith Member
    problem i'm running into is that grog and indigo (2nd ability) are both too strong for most instances, so i'm running:

stonefist (chill on hit)
    selwyn (2nd ability)
    Takume (1st ability)
    and Yasmin to keep them alive

selwyn and takumi are both basically attacking with wet noodles, so it's slow going, but pretty consistent.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • I'm using Takumi, Indigo, Stonefist and Daggie. Trying out challenge mode final stage.

Indigo dies too easily but if she stays alive, her 2nd ability can get you 5 chills plus up to 5 energy (so it recharges very quickly).

I might just have to rune her up for more defense.
  • oredithoredith Member
    kalamadea wrote: »
    I believe Grog has a combo he can do with Snow Day and Frost Breath ?

Oh, and poor Takumi... he can chill with his first ability and passive crit... if I had him ascended that high (which I don't.. cause, ya)
    grog's combo is freeze or frostbite, not chill.. :(
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 12
    Try this:

Indigo/OE/Yasmin/Zomm

Bring 3 energy pots. Go to Pestilent Spiral. Use the first pot on Indigo and get off a Chilling Barrage.
    (Oh as make sure Indigo is runed to have maxxed Crit!)

OE will just tank attacks, Yasmin provides healing and cleanses, and Indigo will, with luck, be able to get off a Chilling Barrage every room. If not, use her abilities and hope for crits or use an energy potion. I'm getting around 17 points towards the quest per run.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • oredithoredith Member
    nice. thanks for the tip!
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    edited May 13
    Post edited by Brazy on
  • oredithoredith Member
    Try this:

Indigo/OE/Yasmin/Zomm

Bring 3 energy pots. Go to Pestilent Spiral. Use the first pot on Indigo and get off a Chilling Barrage.

OE will just tank attacks, Yasmin provides healing and cleanses, and Indigo will, with luck, be able to get off a Chilling Barrage every room. If not, use her abilities and hope for crits or use an energy potion. I'm getting around 17 points towards the quest per run.
    now that i'm running this, one point of annoyance.

yasmin keeps cleansing the disease off zomm.. >_<
  • allanxallanx Member
    solo stone fist with normal mode lich + 3 HP Potions gave me ~90 while I did other things and checked back from time to time. Vampiric rune makes it self sustainable
    oredith wrote: »
    Try this:

Indigo/OE/Yasmin/Zomm

now that i'm running this, one point of annoyance.

yasmin keeps cleansing the disease off zomm.. >_<

Zomm is interchangeable. I just couldn't think of anyone better to use at the time. That's probably a good thing too, you want to do as little damage as possible so Indigo can charge her Chilling Barrage up between rooms. Maybe bring Yorick instead?
  • or furnace + bauble?
  • Challenge 20-4 Sky Temple with Indigo Ekko Kobal Grog with 3 energy potions is giving me the quickest results.
  • You guys are putting way too much work into it. Keep it simple. AFK-lich it.

amq6syikgbby.png

You guys are putting way too much work into it. Keep it simple. AFK-lich it.

amq6syikgbby.png

I find Stone's Chill happens way too rarely for it to make a difference.
  • Alecat97Alecat97 Member

amq6syikgbby.png

Yeah I had to bring takumi,but I needed many time just to do 60 chills
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited May 13

amq6syikgbby.png

Really? Between him attacking and getting attacked, it goes off extremely frequently. Toss a chill skin rune on Yasmin, hit auto, go to bed, and wake up to hundreds of totems.

amq6syikgbby.png

Is that the challenge mode lich, or normal mode?
  • DoudidarlingDoudidarling Member
    edited May 13
    Dat amount of totems make me cry....
    are yasmin and stone full epic ?
    Do you have only def runes on both ?
    Doudidarling - French Touch "family"
    Level : 70
    Trophies : 390k
    Roster : 350k
  • Yes, challenge mode lich.

All pure defensive runes on both. Mostly random junk rares and heroics I had laying around. Plus an improved life rune with chill skin on Yasmin.

No epic on stonefist. Yasmin epic only lev 8. But going to have to level it up soon because I'm approaching 999 misty totems from letting this run overnight.
  • Thanks for the help ;)
    Doudidarling - French Touch "family"
    Level : 70
    Trophies : 390k
    Roster : 350k
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited May 13
    Don't have a chill skin rune...

Still, thanks for the tip, certainly worth as try, even without the chill skin it should generate a few chills from Stone Fist.
    Post edited by Barleyman on
    Barleyman wrote: »
    Don't have a chill skin rune...

You really don't need it, chill skin runes really don't activate that much. I doubt leaving the game running all night with that setup and not having a Chilling skin Rune won't make much of a difference.
  • You can do it without chill skin, but it will matter. We've been seeing reports of anywhere from 80 to 350 chills per hour depending on number of chill skins, exact rune setup, takumi vs no takumi, device speed, and some other important factors. Personally I'm seeing in the 280-310 range most hours. Will leave it up to you to figure out how to maximize with the resources you have :)
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited May 13
    My Stonefist keeps killing the Lich....so it isn't lasting long...
    sirtainly wrote: »
    My Stonefist keeps killing the Lich....so it isn't lasting long...

Run it on challenge mode and make sure he has no runes that increase his damage. Same for Yasmin. It may take a while to get to the Lich like that, but once you're there you should be fine. He should just keep sacrificing his minions as he gets low on health.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Yes. Definitely spell out a recipe for this so that more people will abuse it and we will be less likely to get similar quests in the future.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    You can do it without chill skin, but it will matter. We've been seeing reports of anywhere from 80 to 350 chills per hour depending on number of chill skins, exact rune setup, takumi vs no takumi, device speed, and some other important factors. Personally I'm seeing in the 280-310 range most hours. Will leave it up to you to figure out how to maximize with the resources you have :)

I've managed to obtain stability so the dungeon doesn't end, but after 25 minutes running only have 20 chills. That's still a lot better than nothing if I can run it all night. More tweaking needed.
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Yes. Definitely spell out a recipe for this so that more people will abuse it and we will be less likely to get similar quests in the future.

Don't be so negative. We've had quests like this before that people have abused and we will have more because not everyone is either able or willing to do such a setup.
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited May 13
    When I exited the dungeon -- 3/20. =(

Didn't work... lost all the credit from overnight.

@FatCat69 I kinda agree, but I also think the players on the forums represent a small fraction of the playerbase. So I'm hopeful it's not a big deal in terms of an advantage.

The proc rate is very low, talking maybe 1 chill a minute slow