Best way to chill?

Comments

• edited May 13
    Not trying to be terribly negative, IMHO. I'm extremely thankful for this repeatable quest because those Misty Totems and Mysterious Totems are so valuable.

I'd love to see something similar in the future for other color totems. Would hate to see future instances killed by one weekend's abuse.
    Post edited by FatCat69 on
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Yes. Definitely spell out a recipe for this so that more people will abuse it and we will be less likely to get similar quests in the future.

My general feeling is that either:

a) They were aware of the reward potential when implementing the event and are ok with it, so no reason to think they wouldn't do similar events in the future. In which case why not let everyone in on how to best use the event?

b) They were unaware of the reward potential when implementing the event, and will either patch it to stop soon or refrain from implementing similar repeatables in the future. In which case, only fair if everyone gets to learn how to "abuse" it for the extremely limited duration.

Besides, it's not like anyone has mentioned the secret ingredient to really complete the "recipe" :)
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Yes. Definitely spell out a recipe for this so that more people will abuse it and we will be less likely to get similar quests in the future.

Besides, it's not like anyone has mentioned the secret ingredient to really complete the "recipe" :)

Boredom and a bit of OCD?
  • edited May 13
    kalamadea wrote: »

Boredom and a bit of OCD?

https://youtu.be/FQ2yXWi0ppw?t=00m35s
  • Haha... least it wasn't Rickroll...
  • Well I tried Yasmin + Takumi w/ the Lich - but even with max epic, she went through a dry spell and Takumi died

Now I'm Stonefist + Yasmin at the Root of all Evil. And despite having 4 roots, it's about the same. The low proc rate on the chilling skin is still in play. And while the lich is adamant about having minions up, the Root goes through long spells with no minions alive. So it's about the same rate of ~1 chill per minute as the OG Stone+Yasmin @ Lich.
  • I'll probably stay with my indigo ekko dagrund stonefist farm ;)
    You can't autorun dat strat but with 3 pots i can do 30 chills by run
    Doudidarling - French Touch "family"
    Level : 70
    Trophies : 300k
    Roster : 320k
  • I'll probably stay with my indigo ekko dagrund stonefist farm ;)
    You can't autorun dat strat but with 3 pots i can do 30 chills by run

It's very much a case of speed vs effort.

Any auto run option is verrrrrry slow going. But you can multi task. I'm kinda like... use up stamina on manual runs w/ Indigo, then let stamina recharge on lichzzzzzzz. (see what I did there?)
  • Actually my stonefist yasmin are fighting the lich....
    35/20 in 15 min
    I'll sleep in peace and watch the result tomorrow
    Doudidarling - French Touch "family"
    Level : 70
    Trophies : 300k
    Roster : 320k
  • 1500 yesterday. 2000 last night. 2000 more today. Think I've had enough. Be a long time before there's a blue epic I can't insta-max.

dw19vj63yezt.png
  • Sigh if people could be quiet and didn't feel the need to humble brag we wouldn't have to worry about them nerfing it
    Zodiac4EVA

• Everyone has collected 100s of totems some just didn't choose to brag
    Zodiac4EVA

• Everyone knows the best way to chill is with netflix...
  • kalamadea wrote: »
    Well I tried Yasmin + Takumi w/ the Lich - but even with max epic, she went through a dry spell and Takumi died

Now I'm Stonefist + Yasmin at the Root of all Evil. And despite having 4 roots, it's about the same. The low proc rate on the chilling skin is still in play. And while the lich is adamant about having minions up, the Root goes through long spells with no minions alive. So it's about the same rate of ~1 chill per minute as the OG Stone+Yasmin @ Lich.

That's why you use Stone Fist, not Takumi, against the Lich.

I had to install an app to stop my tablet turning off every 30 minutes, but now hope to collect a few hundred chills tonight. I don't think I'll get anywhere close to 1,000, I think I'll be lucky to hit 500, but it all helps.
  • Zodiac4EVA wrote: »
    Sigh if people could be quiet and didn't feel the need to humble brag we wouldn't have to worry about them nerfing it

"Worry" about them nerfing it? It should be nerfed! That was the whole point of being so open about it. It clearly wasn't intended on their part to release a couple day event that could take the place of months worth of farming. I'm all for using it while it's available, but I also wouldn't find it fair if others missed out on it.

Or do you think "keep game breaking issues quiet so that those who use Line can take advantage of them indefinitely" is a healthy approach to the game?
    Everyone has collected 100s of totems some just didn't choose to brag

"Everyone" has not. High end players who are active on Line have. Once DB realizes what happened (which is inevitable no matter how little it's discussed on the forums), they are all but sure to try to avoid similar situations in the future. So it seems like it would be a pretty **** move to attempt to keep it quiet rather than let the whole community enjoy it while it lasts, just on the small hope that it lasts a bit longer for you personally.
  • If you were so high and mighty about it you would of mentioned day 1 not wait till now don't give me that crap.
    Zodiac4EVA

• Humble Bragging at its best look how many totems I've collected im awesome
    Zodiac4EVA

• edited May 14
    Zodiac4EVA wrote: »
    Everyone has collected 100s of totems some just didn't choose to brag

"Everyone" has not. High end players who are active on Line have. Once DB realizes what happened (which is inevitable no matter how little it's discussed on the forums), they are all but sure to try to avoid similar situations in the future. So it seems like it would be a pretty **** move to attempt to keep it quiet rather than let the whole community enjoy it while it lasts, just on the small hope that it lasts a bit longer for you personally.

A similar quest in a previous event was "nerfed" for some folks, but not everyone. It was the 5 augustus tokens for killing undead i think?

People did the same thing, run a dungeon over night and let the counts stack up.

Thus, this is not a new "exploit" by any means. In fact, I think it is one of the most generous events/quests DB has given us.
    If you were so high and mighty about it you would of mentioned day 1 not wait till now don't give me that crap.

lol truth. He has his totems and now wants DB to patch it so no one else can get it.
  • Exactly I'm just calling out the humble bragger lol... I don't care at all that people know about it just annoying seeing people trying to show off 2000 is nothing lol I got more then that last night just don't choose to brag about it
    Zodiac4EVA

• shiggity80 wrote: »
    If you were so high and mighty about it you would of mentioned day 1 not wait till now don't give me that crap.

lol truth. He has his totems and now wants DB to patch it so no one else can get it.

100% correct!
    Zodiac4EVA

• I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Check the first page. I was giving people hints and advice (including multiple people in PMs) since last night.

Your logic seems to be that I'm telling people how to do it so that they patch it and no one else can do it? That doesn't even make sense. Why wouldn't I just not tell people if I didn't want other people to know? I mean, I've got two or three posts right in this thread describing how I think everyone deserves to get the most out of it while it lasts.
  • edited May 14
    shiggity80 wrote: »

Thus, this is not a new "exploit" by any means. In fact, I think it is one of the most generous events/quests DB has given us.

No one said it was an exploit. I said it was probably unintended. Your comparison to the recent Augustus farming event is proof of that. They patched that right away when they found out, and that was a relatively less valuable reward (Aether). You really think they planned an event and said "screw it, let's take that resource that people run hundreds and hundreds of dungeons for over the course of months and just let the entire game max out on it in a day or two without even spending money." ??

This wasn't them being generous. This was them overlooking the possible ramifications of the quest. Just like Augustus.

The fact that most people are running it at 2x speed through an exploit, well that is an exploit.
    Humble Bragging at its best look how many totems I've collected im awesome

Also, I don't think you understand what humble bragging is. "Look how many totems I collected I'm awesome" as per your example is not a humblebrag. It's just a regular old brag.
  • That's the translation for your post
    Zodiac4EVA

• edited May 14

So where is the humble part of it? "Hey I did what's in this screenshot" is not a humblebrag.