Best way to chill?

Comments

• Zodiac4EVA wrote: »

So where is the humble part of it? "Hey I did what's in this screenshot" is not a humblebrag.

Also, let's not get into the irony of someone with a super douchy profile pic of themselves flexing in the mirror for a selfie on a mobile game message board trying to call someone else out for bragging.
  • Zodiac4EVA wrote: »

So where is the humble part of it? "Hey I did what's in this screenshot" is not a humblebrag.

Also, let's not get into the irony of someone with a super douchy profile pic of themselves flexing in the mirror for a selfie on a mobile game message board trying to call someone else out for bragging.

You know you have got to someone when they attack your profile picture lol #desperate
    Zodiac4EVA

• Hey guys I got lots of totems long time before I need totems.

Oh and ummmm ummm your profile picture sucks haha

#noonecares #**** #humblebragtranslation #hashtagforthewin
    Zodiac4EVA

• I was about to post a bunch of screenshots of you bragging multiple times about how you perfected the tower at level 28, bragging and showing off shots of your greater runed alt, giving everyone running counts of your sparkle rewards during events, etc.

But then I realized how stupid it's become arguing with a fairly regular bragger about whether I was bragging. So I'm just gonna let it drop with you derailing a thread in which people were getting some help and discussing strategy. I'll move to other posts. This one is all yours...nice win.

• Lol your alright @Skip_Holmes I was just giving you grief for the sake of it. Felt like having an argument :P I stopped believing half the stuff I was saying 3 responses in.
    Zodiac4EVA

• danacdanac Member
    More help.
    I’ve been running gold and evo islands with only Stonefist. While this can’t be done overnight, the chill/time value is equal.
    Also doing my daily kill quests with Stonefist and Yasmin with a chill skin.

As for the autorun controversy: chill rates are similar when running most dungeons. The only people really getting an advantage here are people who’ve decided to run their devices overnight or for hours at a time.
    They’re lucky the game doesn’t crash on them and ruin all that effort- it did often for people during the August event. But they are lucky, and if running your device for hours on end with sleep mode disabled doesn’t wear it out [which would be a silly thing to wear down your device for], then I guess you got a big gain from this.
  • danac wrote: »
    More help.
    I’ve been running gold and evo islands with only Stonefist. While this can’t be done overnight, the chill/time value is equal.
    Also doing my daily kill quests with Stonefist and Yasmin with a chill skin.

As for the autorun controversy: chill rates are similar when running most dungeons. The only people really getting an advantage here are people who’ve decided to run their devices overnight or for hours at a time.
    They’re lucky the game doesn’t crash on them and ruin all that effort- it did often for people during the August event. But they are lucky, and if running your device for hours on end with sleep mode disabled doesn’t wear it out [which would be a silly thing to wear down your device for], then I guess you got a big gain from this.

Emulators have long hair.

They don't care.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    8 hours overnight run with Stone Fist & Yasmin in Lich Lord Challenge, 265 chills... what went wrong? Ha ha, actually, what went right is I saved a ton of tedious effort and grinding. I've gotten more chills through my normal game play than this "sleep play", but all the extra totems and other stuff can be nothing but helpful to my enjoyment of the game.

Thanks Skip for the tip. Zodiac, sorry friend but you just come over as sour grapes. There were enough people using this mechanic before Skip posted anything that the developers could flag it as an issue if they wanted to.

If the developers want to stop "exploitation" of game mechanics to super-max rewards, all they have to do is put a limit on repetitions of a quest, say 100 repeats. That's still more totems than anyone needs to max Stone Fist, which was presumably the idea behind this repeatable quest.
  • Looks like they already curbed it by putting permanent fear onto Yasmin

Amazing how quickly they acted on this and implemented a "balance".. yet rune and hero imbalance, they can't be bothered with.

• echonapechonap Member
    I think of it as the evolution of the game. When totems and epics were first introduced, it had to be manually farmed. None of us had runes yet and it took 15 minutes per run. Then as more epics were introduced, farming speed increased. Then they added quickloot for 8 keys. Then they added totems in shops and events. Now this event is even more generous with totems. This might be how DB intended it. The pioneers always have it the hardest. By the time the newer players get to this content, they can do it many times faster than we did. It's the only way they will actually catch up.
  • JaxBoomstickJaxBoomstick Member
    edited May 15
    FYI: Yasmin all defensive with a chilling skin rune on challenge mode running Noble Village netted me the best chills per hour with infinite auto.
  • FYI: Yasmin all defensive with a chilling skin rune on challenge mode running Noble Village netted me the best chills per hour with infinite auto.
    @JaxBoomstick gets the only flag on this thread? For that? Ok....
    centralcommand
  • wow. I got flagged? My sole intent was an insightful way to farm chills and to help the community. Is the lesson I take away from this, it's better to not share extremely helpful knowledge?
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited May 15
    wow. I got flagged? My sole intent was an insightful way to farm chills and to help the community. Is the lesson I take away from this, it's better to not share extremely helpful knowledge?

Well with 3 hours left, it's probably more beneficial if they ever did this again. As for the flagging, it was probably just someone who dislikes you. It seems like really taking advantage of this event relied on having a chill rune. A shame I don't have access to one. I think DB messed up by not selling that epic pack this weekend with the chill rune. I bet they would have had a considerable amount of purchases!

Edit: The flag very well could have been a mistake. Apple flagged it. I went through his limited posting history and he hasn't made any anti LC comments. The flag thus doesn't seem very logical given all the other information in the thread, hence my assumption on it being an accident. @apple If this was an accident, could you please remove the flag. Thanks!

Edit 2: THE PLOT THICKENS. I just saw another random forum post Apple flagged as abuse. Perhaps he is having a bad day, or simply really likes flags. I should note if you happen to read this Apple, random flagging is against forum policy.
    Post edited by MattCauthron on
  • oredithoredith Member
    I was surprised to see the flag too. having tried it with Yasmin, it actually didn't work that great for me (yay RNG). i was only getting ~1.5 procs a minute, and the yasmin epic procs were killing the mobs so that it dwindled from 3 attackers, to 2, to 1, which just served to diminish the proc rate even lower.

maybe i should have made it into the last room first before AFK'ing it. that room probably has greater survival rate vs. epic yasmin.

currently doing stone+vampiric + yasmin+chill skin at lich king. the fear+disease seems to only eventually fear yasmin away after like 15 minutes, at which point, stone trucks on for another 7-10 before dying.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • oredithoredith Member
    #firstworldproblems

it's almost lunch time, and I watch netflix on the phone, so i have to decide between chill'n on AFK, or binge watching..
  • nunyanunya Member
    edited May 15
    I found the best way for me was bauble with a chill rune on Aurora Glade challenge in double time. :)

And I do not see any reason why @JaxBoomstick got flagged. Agree or disagree with his posts he's always polite and tries to be helpful.
    nunya
  • oredithoredith Member
    i love getting c0ckblocked by "dungeon boss has gotten better"..

i figured 5 minutes buffer was enough time to turn in, but with the download lag, i was ripped off of 3 turn-ins.

does the update HAVE to happen minutes before the end of the events? seems about as stupid as the end of season not being able to collect chest thing we had before.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    oredith wrote: »

i figured 5 minutes buffer was enough time to turn in, but with the download lag, i was ripped off of 3 turn-ins.

does the update HAVE to happen minutes before the end of the events? seems about as stupid as the end of season not being able to collect chest thing we had before.

It is immensely annoying, but they always do the new upload just before the new event starts and the old event ends. I'm guessing this is so the new content is ready to go live on the dot, but there isn't time for hackers to try to break into the new code.

• danacdanac Member
    oredith wrote: »

errr, that's the best time for it. Gives them maximum time to work on it, and it needs to be delivered before the new event.

I get it's frustrating, it got me today too, but I expected it, so I didn't lose anything aside from the chance to ql a few runes.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Actually, they begin distributing it at least an hour in advance so that their servers aren't slammed having to deliver the same content to every client in the world right at the event change. Hence, random restarts in the hour leading up to 4PM Central.
  • Zombie8uZombie8u Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Actually, they begin distributing it at least an hour in advance so that their servers aren't slammed having to deliver the same content to every client in the world right at the event change. Hence, random restarts in the hour leading up to 4PM Central.

Fatcat has the right answer. Also, if you log out and back in 15-30 minutes before the patch you can usually get it on your terms.
  • appleapple Member
    I fagged it because Bruce Campbell would never brag about using a macro script. 'Infinite auto' sure sounds like one. I wanted to bring it to a mods attention. If I am wrong and this is not bragging about using a script, then the mods can just ignore or ask me to remove it.
  • echonapechonap Member
    It is not using a script. It is just using the auto attack button that is part of the game. The infinite part is setting up a team that cannot win or lose the fight, just a stalemate that will go on forever while racking up the quest goal. There was no cheating and no external tools used, otherwise we wouldn't be openly chatting about it on the official game forum.

Think twice before you flag someone.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    MelofSteel wrote: »
    Looks like they already curbed it by putting permanent fear onto Yasmin

Amazing how quickly they acted on this and implemented a "balance".. yet rune and hero imbalance, they can't be bothered with.

Balancing a singular hero is easier than fixing the entire rune system?? What???
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • appleapple Member
    edited May 17
    So noble village boss generates enemies ? Did know sorry... or you just set up too weak to kill, go it.

I'm guessing this would still be an exploit though right? Are those allowed ? I thought that was unfair as well...
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    lol
  • echonapechonap Member
    Noble village, there are healers. As long as you cannot kill them by the time they recharge, it can be an infinite loop. I'm guessing a solo Yasmin against green healers will do the trick. Didn't try it myself, since I do not have a chill rune to put on Yasmin.
  • Zodiac4EVAZodiac4EVA Member
    edited May 18
    Exploits aren't allowed and I'm pretty sure they was a pretty strong warning against sharing exploits from one of the mods...

In saying that this was just a smart use of the auto run button not an exploit as such
    Zodiac4EVA

• oredithoredith Member
    I did run yasmin through noble village per the suggestion, and solo yasmin is not enough to kill either of the 2 green tanks nor the healer, so it sets up an infinite loop where she just keeps getting hit and procs the chill skin rune.

If i had known about it sooner, i probably would have racked up more totems. :disappointed: