Lily Blossom CRITS x BOSS FROSTBITE+VENDETTA/ Sapping Vines+Pollen Cloud. Permafrost Cave

Permafrost cave is not fair in anyway possible to my Lily.
cuzlbn19cy6s.png
tkf8e640zsi5.png
75bvqkdv5thl.png

as the images show. I use Lilly's ability and she CRITS the blue jelly. before the animation can finish. both bosses Vendetta Lily applying CHILL and BOSSFROSTBITE. the reason I bring this up. is because I have to WASTE a revive potion on Lily because the bosses are cheating the system. Vendetta doesn't work that way. Augustus is the only hero with a Vendetta.

Here's a scenario.
in PVP Ella Amethyst uses Charm on the defending IGOROK. he attacks his allies. and when he jumps back in place he is CRIT by Ella. so the defending Augustus retaliates AFTER the animation is complete NOT DURING.

the bosses of Permafrost are retaliating DURING Lilly's animations so the BOSSFROSTBITE kicks in as if it was there from the previous round.

please please im begging you to have this fixed immediately this is the reason why I only have the epic for Yasmin and I really want the epic for Stonefist. but this bug keeps me from entering the dungeon because I know from previous experience that im going to burn through all my revives. gems. and Emily friends trying to keep my team from being MURKED
by the BOSSFROSTBITE.
THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

  • @Joel @Eej please help me.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • I used to have this boss frostbite problem with another hero, but I forget who it was. My hero was frostbitten during a sequence attack, thus hurting themselves due to an effect that wasn't present when they started their attack. It is wrong and should be fixed.

    The vendetta attacks are what really make this pair the most annoying end bosses on boss island, IMO. I had been using the green goblins plus Bovus as an autorun team, and Kang would get killed frequently because he might generate eight vendetta attacks, and possibly two more regular boss attacks before he could get a chance for Nub-Nub to heal him.

    With Stone Fist's new epic I've switched my autorun team to Bovus (max epic), Bramble (boosts Nubs crit chance), Nub-Nub (~70% chance to crit & heal the team) & Stone Fist (epic hit can cancel jelly's taunt). I get fewer extra attacks generated, but Nubs gets to heal more frequently to keep the team healthy.
  • Bramble/Bovus/Nubs/Stone is an amazing team, especially if your Bovus is strong and has a maxed Epic. You don't need abilities when Bovus can 2-hit the bosses at the end with Epic Crits.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • @Barleyman @JackHallow666 thanks for your advice In terms of epics and their levels ill have to start upgrading Nubs and obtain Bovus's first.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • They've already stated that this is intended. Ages ago.

    Is this the first time you've run Permafrost Cave or something?
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    They've already stated that this is intended. Ages ago.

    Is this the first time you've run Permafrost Cave or something?

    Intended or not, I think the point of the post is that it's rather unfair. If all the damage and effects of an ability are performed before the hero is Frostbitten, why should they suffer damage from the Frostbite?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Boss Frostbite, even.

    Yeah, it's already been argued and parried away by the devs. Working as intended.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Boss Frostbite, even.

    Yeah, it's already been argued and parried away by the devs. Working as intended.

    ...which I should say again, is not the point of the argument. Working as intended or not, it's unfair. Maybe it's just easier to code it that way, and they can't be bothered to change such a small thing to make one level fair for a handful of players.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Do what I do. Get to the end, summon a friend to do most of the damage and then finish them off with your heroes basic attacks.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • edited May 13
    Or roll Undead

    Epics on Brom, Hansuke, Yorick + Zomm.

    Toss on a mix of Vamp runes and Bulwark. Hit auto, go play another video game on PS4.

    Need an epic weapon or part? Drop out Brom for the hero and keep going. May require a bit of intervention every now and then w/ 1 less power hero. If I want to speed it up, I use Mark of Death + Hansuke's Expose Weakness on the Boss mobs. Usually one shot the Mage mini with that combo and then the pace goes a bit faster w/o his constant freezes.
  • edited May 13
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Boss Frostbite, even.

    Yeah, it's already been argued and parried away by the devs. Working as intended.

    ...which I should say again, is not the point of the argument. Working as intended or not, it's unfair. Maybe it's just easier to code it that way, and they can't be bothered to change such a small thing to make one level fair for a handful of players.

    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/52147/permafrost-ice-cave-boss-frostbite-bug
    Joel specifically responded and said this is exactly how its supposed to work. I disagree personally, it makes no sense to me. Frostbite punishes you for using abilities while frostbitten. My hero didnt do that, they simply got frostbitten afterwards. The fact that its in the same sequence of events is irrelevant.

    But the response is given so this post is in the wrong place, it is not a bug. If you want to just get the devs to revisit it fine but i think its better to argue the behavior is illogical. Fairness doesnt really come into play, as joel said, boss mode is supposed to be hard.

    [EDIT] Whoops, joel didnt say that. I remembered him giving a reason but that wasnt it. He said its an intentional AOE deterrent here
    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/comment/148078/#Comment_148078
    centralcommand
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Boss Frostbite, even.

    Yeah, it's already been argued and parried away by the devs. Working as intended.

    ...which I should say again, is not the point of the argument. Working as intended or not, it's unfair. Maybe it's just easier to code it that way, and they can't be bothered to change such a small thing to make one level fair for a handful of players.

    It's perfectly fair since it is this way for all players. When boss mode first came out we were acquiring the epics while we had no runes, all while figuring out the levels for the first time. Players who are just now running these levels have had the advantage of picking up runes along the way and have guides on how to beat the levels. Nerfing the levels now would be unfair. :wink:
  • Joel specifically responded and said this is exactly how its supposed to work. I disagree personally, it makes no sense to me. Frostbite punishes you for using abilities while frostbitten. My hero didnt do that, they simply got frostbitten afterwards.

    I agree with this. I agree with the concept of this thread. I don't LIKE that the frostbite is retroactive because it's applied mid-move and would prefer they change it, but I'm laying out that this has been brought up and responded to previously.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • edited May 14
    Zombie8u wrote: »
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Boss Frostbite, even.

    Yeah, it's already been argued and parried away by the devs. Working as intended.

    ...which I should say again, is not the point of the argument. Working as intended or not, it's unfair. Maybe it's just easier to code it that way, and they can't be bothered to change such a small thing to make one level fair for a handful of players.

    It's perfectly fair since it is this way for all players. When boss mode first came out we were acquiring the epics while we had no runes, all while figuring out the levels for the first time. Players who are just now running these levels have had the advantage of picking up runes along the way and have guides on how to beat the levels. Nerfing the levels now would be unfair. :wink:

    Lol, Zombie you are such a contrarian. o:)

    It's a pretty poor mechanic. lol.

    Two things can be right. You are right, and it's still a poor game mechanic. ;)
    j81ezc.gif
  • Zombie8u wrote: »
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Boss Frostbite, even.

    Yeah, it's already been argued and parried away by the devs. Working as intended.

    ...which I should say again, is not the point of the argument. Working as intended or not, it's unfair. Maybe it's just easier to code it that way, and they can't be bothered to change such a small thing to make one level fair for a handful of players.

    It's perfectly fair since it is this way for all players. When boss mode first came out we were acquiring the epics while we had no runes, all while figuring out the levels for the first time. Players who are just now running these levels have had the advantage of picking up runes along the way and have guides on how to beat the levels. Nerfing the levels now would be unfair. :wink:

    Lol, Zombie you are such a contrarian. o:)

    It's a pretty poor mechanic. lol.

    Two things can be right. You are right, and it's still a poor game mechanic. ;)


    :wink:
  • edited May 17
    @FatCat69 I use three friends at the end to murder the cube.
    I also don't visit the forums much because I have to do it with my phone and I have yet to replace my dead computer so I wouldn't have known if this was already talked about.

    also why is there such a debate on my post. ? take it elsewhere

    @JackHallow666 that is the very reason why I made this post it is very much unfair.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • There's no debate. They've already answered this question. It's "working as intended".
    9gJSaHl.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com