Any solid pvp team?

Hello,I'm looking for a new team to use in pvp to get higher rating.I would prefer a team with shadoeblade or ella or both,as they are my strongest heroes.

Comments

• It depends on your level, your roster, and your runes. If you are intent on using SB and Ella, Shade is a natural complement since he will give your team dark shroud. The last spot could go to Pontifex, Leo, Emily, MK, Hopper, or Furnace. Each offer a slightly different strategy. Of course, no defense is impenetrable.

If you do wind up using Shade, put him before SB.

If you use Pontifex, put him before Ella. This way, the attacker must deal with both normal speed heroes in the fast turn or face eating the special attack.

P.S. all of these teams are vulnerable to a good MK
    zntCIcd.gif
  • Problem is,I do not own shade.
  • One of my guildmates showed me this team a couple weeks ago and I have been doing pretty good with it for most teams (doesn't work on every team, obviously).

Kai (DR)
    Furnace (Attack)
    Bauble (DR)
    Valkin (3DR 2Attack)

Can survive most AOE attacks and many single attacks as well. You're mostly defensive so if you face another defensive/DR heavy team, you gotta keep your furnace alive b/c he'll be the only one that can do any damage.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    One of my guildmates showed me this team a couple weeks ago and I have been doing pretty good with it for most teams (doesn't work on every team, obviously).

Kai (DR)
    Furnace (Attack)
    Bauble (DR)
    Valkin (3DR 2Attack)

Can survive most AOE attacks and many single attacks as well. You're mostly defensive so if you face another defensive/DR heavy team, you gotta keep your furnace alive b/c he'll be the only one that can do any damage.

Don't stab me but I don't own like half those characters lmao
  • ZedHP wrote: »
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    One of my guildmates showed me this team a couple weeks ago and I have been doing pretty good with it for most teams (doesn't work on every team, obviously).

Kai (DR)
    Furnace (Attack)
    Bauble (DR)
    Valkin (3DR 2Attack)

Haha, hey it's your opinion!

But just letting you know it's effective and if you want to gain more trophies, that team I listed does work.
    ZedHP wrote: »

Kai (DR)
    Furnace (Attack)
    Bauble (DR)
    Valkin (3DR 2Attack)

But just letting you know it's effective and if you want to gain more trophies, that team I listed does work.

I think you read his comment as "I don't like" those heroes when he said "I don't own" those heroes.

It'll be reallllly tough for him to try that offense out if he doesn't have them :P
  • @echonap suggestions were spot on and a fantastic recommendation. Focus on getting Shade as he'll compliment your team GREATLY.
  • edited May 15
    If only shade was not so p2w,dang
    ZedHP wrote: »

Kai (DR)
    Furnace (Attack)
    Bauble (DR)
    Valkin (3DR 2Attack)

I think you read his comment as "I don't like" those heroes when he said "I don't own" those heroes.

It'll be reallllly tough for him to try that offense out if he doesn't have them :P

Ah, yes, I totally read that as he didn't like those heroes.
  • ZedHP wrote: »
    Hello,I'm looking for a new team to use in pvp to get higher rating.I would prefer a team with shadoeblade or ella or both,as they are my strongest heroes.

I'm level 35, started slow leveling around 28. My PvP is Shadow, Kai, Koros and Nub-Nub.

Defensively, opponents need to contend with 2 fast heroes + Koros. Kai has been sneaky-good for me, because his special drastically reduces AOE attacks, often sparing my team from an opposing MK/Koros, etc. Nub is just a great healer.

Offensively, I can tank most MKs, the have Shadow kill the next fastest opponent. Kai then drenches everyone, saving me from 60% of any AOE, which is usually more than enough for Koros to survive. At that point, it's game over, unless they evade, in which case I VooDoo chant, have nearly full life for round 2 and it's 4-2 or usually 4-1.

Up in Warlord now, #3 in my guild.

Loaded Shadow/Kai with attack and dodge, Koros is crazy beefy (He's got over 4K life at 3-stars/1st ascension at level 35), and Nub is similary situated in the 4K HP range.

I've only run into 1 guy lower leveled than me that was a pain; he was level 33 and had a team of over 9000 power (I'm at 7700). His MK was at 2500 alone; needless to say, I avoided him, haha.
  • Every time someone asks for a single team to win all battles it hurts
  • You could put kobal to your team to counter a wild MK
    Doudidarling - French Touch "family"
    Level : 70
    Trophies : 300k
    Roster : 320k
  • You could put kobal to your team to counter a wild MK

How does Kobal counter? By dieing, and diseasing everyone, thereby reducing the opposing team's ability for max damage?

• Rocksor wrote: »
    How does Kobal counter? By dieing, and diseasing everyone, thereby reducing the opposing team's ability for max damage?

Exactly

zntCIcd.gif
  • Alecat97 wrote: »
    Every time someone asks for a single team to win all battles it hurts

Granted I only have very few resources to kill on uping characters for pvp,I don't won't to have tons of combinations because that would take too long for me.
  • Learn to build your own counter based upon the defense you're facing.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • echonap wrote: »
    Rocksor wrote: »

Exactly

Hmmm... with the new skill changes, maybe it would be prudent to rune up Kobal and give him crazy skill points...

• I think you need a roster of 6-8 heroes that you can reliably use for PvP. Conceivably, if you have the right runes, you could compose an all-fast team of Shadow, MK, BD and Shade, as long as they can survive the opposing MK.

However, I've found that the best course is to have 1-2 fast heroes who can a) survive the first attack and b) reliably kill the #2 fastest hero on the opposing roster. Right now I'm using Shadow for that.

The 2nd hero choice depends on your play style; I prefer a 2nd fast hero to counter teams with 2 fast heroes (Tank first hero, Shadow kills #2, other fast hero kills #3, Koros kills everyone else).

The 3rd slot (or 2nd slot if you only have 1 fast hero) should go to your highest damage dealing attack-all guy - Ponti (who I REALLY do not understand the hype around), Koros, etc. Ideally, he'll kill everyone, or at least 2-3.

4th slot is kind of up in the air for me (at least at level 35); I usually put a healer in, just in case someone dodges my big attack, but it's usually 4 on 1 at that point, so I play around with that slot.

I guess I'm not seeing a uniform META at my level. My main PvP heroes are Shadow, Kai, Koros and either Nub or Willow, depending on the opponent. I don't really need anyone else at this point; I used to go the 3 goblins (Nub/Zurk/Bramble) + Shadow, but once I got Koros, it just became about makign sure he gets his attack off; everything pretty much dies in 1 shot at my level.

OTOH, I'm not seeing FA MKs, Bauble, a ton of Shades or ascended Hoppers either (Almost to Warlord II). I understand that Level 70 game play is way different than where I'm at.
  • Rocksor wrote: »
    echonap wrote: »
    Rocksor wrote: »

Exactly

Hmmm... with the new skill changes, maybe it would be prudent to rune up Kobal and give him crazy skill points...

Read Jaxboomstick's post in the Skills Update thread before you do. I think he said it takes a lot of Skill to make even a marginal difference.