The Tanks and the Trees, Featuring Treemus Phemus!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
qxwglbwqegu7.png

A deadly poison has infected the nearby forest regions and only the Tanks have the power to withstand the toxin. It is up to the heartiest of heroes to stop the spread of this poison and save the realm.

This is a ticket event! We have lots of quests available and will be adding more each day that will pay out tickets that you can spend in the shop on rewards of your choosing. There's also an event dungeon for you to run through!

There's also a quest chain that will allow you to unlock the brand new TREEMUS PHEMUS skin!

And in case you haven't seen, we've made some changes to how Skill works. You can read all about it here.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited May 15
    Quest chains that end in skins are some of my favorite :D Also love the skin!

Really cool twist on PvP too. A shame I missed the christmas skins to try out Stonefist. Would be cool if you made old tank skins available in the shop! (I haven't check yet. Props if you already did)
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    You guys are pumping out cool events like it's nothing, keep up the good work!
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Zombie8uZombie8u Member
    I agree. The devs are on fire and have been for weeks now. The events are great. They don't require you to grind all day long on the quests, but also provide plenty of things to do if you do have the time. A+
  • Oh, BTW, thanks for the 3x materials!

Can you open up all the islands though? haha
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    @Joel can we get a list of all 20 quests in the skin questline?
  • Phemus is Groot?
    Phemus is Groot?

When you unlock the skin, his ability names are changed to; "I", "Am", "Groot", and "!"
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Hmm, description made me think only tanks would be able to do the new dungeon (with everyone else grayed out). But apparently not, unless that is later dungeons?...
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    Hmm, description made me think only tanks would be able to do the new dungeon (with everyone else grayed out). But apparently not, unless that is later dungeons?...

I think it's just sort of a lore thing, saying that there's some new poison and Tanks are gonna be the ones to stop it. That's like... the theme of the event I guess, like the reason why we're having the event. Perhaps they're hinting at a buff to Phemus and maybe some other Tanks? Cuz Phemus, Phenol Thoxian, and Sir William could really use some love right about now. I know two of them just got buffed, but they're still not good enough IMO.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Hmm I usually put Phemus and William in my core PvE team. Some attack runes and they balance out nicely for what I need. :)
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    Hmm I usually put Phemus and William in my core PvE team. Some attack runes and they balance out nicely for what I need. :)

Okay, but for the majority of players and from the majority of what I've heard on the forums, most people still think Phemus/Phenol/William are pretty bad. William is beaten by IGOROK in both damage and tankiness (and reflecting Taunt is like revenge attacking without the chance to trigger skin passives from enemies or other revenge attacks) and has Shatter team, and Phemus and Phenol simply can't work in PvP mainly because they're Slow. Once you reach max level, pretty much any team is fine in PvE. PvE becomes your sandbox to test things on, but PvP seems to be how everyone is judging what heroes are too powerful or too weak, because for many top players, that's the goal of the game - to be good at PvP.
  • wzangwzang Member
    What is Fortune?
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • nunyanunya Member
    Is fortune our missing leviathan?
    nunya
    nunya wrote: »
    Is fortune our missing leviathan?

Leviathan, by definition, does not have to mean large sea creature. It can simply mean a large, powerful being or machine. They were probably referencing Stonefist in that sense. It also so happens that Stonefist was born in the ocean, so I guess... he also technically counts as a giant sea creature?
  • wzang wrote: »
    What is Fortune?

I was wondering that when I first read that too.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • danacdanac Member
    and reflecting Taunt is like revenge attacking without the chance to trigger skin passives from enemies or other revenge attacks

I don't know how the new skill will affect this, but that is not exactly the case.
    Reflection has never cased any significant damage afaik.
    Revenge attacks can.

Probably because reflection caps at, what, like 55% of damage taken?
    That's half an actual attack.
  • danacdanac Member
    kpung07 wrote: »

1. Run 5 campaign dungeons with a tank. [includes island and event dungeons]
    2. earn/collect 25,000 gold.
    3. Attempt 4 PVP raids.
    danac wrote: »
    kpung07 wrote: »

1. Run 5 campaign dungeons with a tank. [includes island and event dungeons]
    2. earn/collect 25,000 gold.
    3. Attempt 4 PVP raids.

4. Use 5 friends
    5. Run 5 campaign dungeons with a tank (again)
  • Zombie8uZombie8u Member
    I didn't keep track of them, but just be ready to burn a ton of stamina by doing manual runs for forest dungeons, using friends, using potions, collecting 30-50k gold here and there, four pvp raids with a green, 8 pvp raids with any, and salvaging runes was in there I think. Oh, and crafting green evos for two steps.

Farmed a bunch of green crystals and mandrakes with all the dungeons I had to run. Best to get this done with the 3x imo.
  • ladybamladybam Member
    Phemus and Fortune Skin Quest

1. Complete 5 dungeons
    2. Collect x amount of gold
    3. Attempt 4 pvp
    4. Use 5 friends in battle
    5. Use potions in battle 10 times
    6. Complete 5 campaign dungeons with a tank hero
    7. Earn x amount of gold
    8. Salvage 10 greater runes (dif by level)
    9. Collect 5 green evos
    10. Complete 5 Forest Dungeons
    11. Use your friends hero 5x
    12. Attempt pvp w nature hero 4x
    13. Upgrade greater runes 10x (based on level)
    14. Complete 10 campaign dungeons w tank heroes
    15. Use your friends heroes 10x
    16. Earn x amount of gold
    17. Collect 10 green evos (can be bought or created)
    18. Attempt 8 pvp raids
    19. Use potions in battles 20 times
    20. Complete forest dungeons 10x
    58qcvappafyt.png
  • Not sure which is worse, this skin or Pignius' lol
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Not sure which is worse, this skin or Pignius' lol

I really like both of those skins >.<

I really like both of those skins >.<

I like em too, in a "it's so bad that it's good" kind of way lol
    shiggity80 wrote: »

I think you mean 'They're so good they're amazing'

I think you mean 'They're so good they're amazing'

It's quite possible that's what I meant....heck I don't know anymore. I like and hate them. Just like I like and hate this game...and myself :P
  • li30li30 Member
    I like his skin more than piggy's, with apples he is so cute <3
  • echonapechonap Member
    Ugliest skin is Yoko. At least Pig and Treemus are cute in an eclectic kinda way. Yoko looks like he fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
    echonap wrote: »
    Ugliest skin is Yoko. At least Pig and Treemus are cute in an eclectic kinda way. Yoko looks like he fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Yoko's skin is personally one of my favorites. The dragon gauntlets are a nice touch, his towel/robe thing he wears is much easier on the eyes than his previous outfit. And I don't think people understand he's wearing tattoos, they're not bruises or marks or anything. I know there's people who tattoo themselves with cultural symbols over in Asia and meditate, I forgot what the group was called but it's supposedly what the skin was based off of. I especially like how all the tattoos sort of fit together like puzzle pieces and have very complimenting, soothing colors. Perhaps it just pleases me because of my OCD, but it pleases me nonetheless. Plus, his regular model just looks like it doesn't fit him right, some parts look blurry or burnt almost. It's hard to look at. This is the case for most heroes too, their skins update their model and since DB is getting better at model making, it usually cuts out all the gross tiny details where textures had to be stretched and cropped to fit onto the character properly.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    Glad they didn't make tower floors a specific requirement this time.