The Tanks and the Trees, Featuring Treemus Phemus!

2»

Comments

• echonap wrote: »
    Ugliest skin is Yoko. At least Pig and Treemus are cute in an eclectic kinda way. Yoko looks like he fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Yoko's skin is personally one of my favorites. The dragon gauntlets are a nice touch, his towel/robe thing he wears is much easier on the eyes than his previous outfit. And I don't think people understand he's wearing tattoos, they're not bruises or marks or anything. I know there's people who tattoo themselves with cultural symbols over in Asia and meditate, I forgot what the group was called but it's supposedly what the skin was based off of.

I wanna say Maori.

The Phemus skin is both ugly and beautiful at the same time.
    Like that dress that's yellow and blue.
  • danac wrote: »
    echonap wrote: »
    Ugliest skin is Yoko. At least Pig and Treemus are cute in an eclectic kinda way. Yoko looks like he fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Yoko's skin is personally one of my favorites. The dragon gauntlets are a nice touch, his towel/robe thing he wears is much easier on the eyes than his previous outfit. And I don't think people understand he's wearing tattoos, they're not bruises or marks or anything. I know there's people who tattoo themselves with cultural symbols over in Asia and meditate, I forgot what the group was called but it's supposedly what the skin was based off of.

I wanna say Maori.

The Phemus skin is both ugly and beautiful at the same time.
    Like that dress that's yellow and blue.

I actually see what you're saying. It looks like he's made out of clay or something, like those Claymations... More so than most dungeon boss heroes. Yet at the same time, that gives it some sort of charm, as I've always loved Claymations.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Maybe Phemus and fortune is just a word play on fame and fortune?

Does this skin quest line seem easier than in the past?
  • Do skins grant you anything special, or are they purely cosmetic?

I am very thankful for the 50 Igorok tokens though.
  • xandrew29 wrote: »
    Do skins grant you anything special, or are they purely cosmetic?

I am very thankful for the 50 Igorok tokens though.

Outside of event special passives, no, they don't provide any benefit except cosmetics.
  • edited May 17
    Fame and Fortune...

Phemus and Fortune!

The fortune being the new Skin.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Just noticed there are no quick loot keys available in the event shop. That was my primary way to stock up on keys between 3x events. Hopefully this is not "working as intended."
  • Just noticed there are no quick loot keys available in the event shop. That was my primary way to stock up on keys between 3x events. Hopefully this is not "working as intended."

How's your pwn cup supply?
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Just noticed there are no quick loot keys available in the event shop. That was my primary way to stock up on keys between 3x events. Hopefully this is not "working as intended."

How's your pwn cup supply?

Now that I can buy Shade/Koros tokens I am quickly running out.

Still in my shop.
  • With Phemus showing off his "skin" and the dev team's known penchant for music puns, it could have just as easily been "Naked and Phemus".
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Am I missing something? I'm on quest 13, to upgrade a rune 10 times. I just upgraded a lesser rune 10 times for 50 gems, and the quest shows 0/10 completion. So then I upgrade a greater run (since all other quests have been for greater) once, and it still show 0/10. Is this a bug, or did I completely miss the point of this quest?
  • If I buy a skin for a character that I have not unlocked, will the skin be there for me when I eventually access him (Pignius)?
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    With Phemus showing off his "skin" and the dev team's known penchant for music puns, it could have just as easily been "Naked and Phemus".

That's not a dream he's punching in.
  • Am I missing something? I'm on quest 13, to upgrade a rune 10 times. I just upgraded a lesser rune 10 times for 50 gems, and the quest shows 0/10 completion. So then I upgrade a greater run (since all other quests have been for greater) once, and it still show 0/10. Is this a bug, or did I completely miss the point of this quest?

Worked for me. I did greater, I thought it said greater.
  • edited May 18
    danac wrote: »
    Am I missing something? I'm on quest 13, to upgrade a rune 10 times. I just upgraded a lesser rune 10 times for 50 gems, and the quest shows 0/10 completion. So then I upgrade a greater run (since all other quests have been for greater) once, and it still show 0/10. Is this a bug, or did I completely miss the point of this quest?

Worked for me. I did greater, I thought it said greater.

Mine just says "Upgrade Runes 10 times!" no greater. Regardless, upgrading the greater still did nothing. Curiouser and curiouser. Thanks for responding!

Never mind - Skuls is right. I was wrong.
    Post edited by TheOtherMattB on
    That's tune, not upgrade. Use gold to upgrade.
  • Skuls wrote: »
    Am I missing something? I'm on quest 13, to upgrade a rune 10 times. I just upgraded a lesser rune 10 times for 50 gems, and the quest shows 0/10 completion. So then I upgrade a greater run (since all other quests have been for greater) once, and it still show 0/10. Is this a bug, or did I completely miss the point of this quest?
    That's tune, not upgrade. Use gold to upgrade.

Ah, now I feel stupid. Thank you, you're right. My bad.

Sorry @Joel, ignore my ignorance.
    Just noticed there are no quick loot keys available in the event shop. That was my primary way to stock up on keys between 3x events. Hopefully this is not "working as intended."

Still in my shop.

Keys are in your event shop?! I had max keys when the event started; maybe this caused keys not to be available?
  • Thought you were talking pwn shop. I can't say for 100% sure, but I think I saw loot keys in event shop too.

Matt, I did that upgrade/tune mixup too, but for the repeatable, got it sorted myself.
  • edited May 18
    jmcraven wrote: »
    If I buy a skin for a character that I have not unlocked, will the skin be there for me when I eventually access him (Pignius)?

@Joel @Eej
    Post edited by jmcraven on
  • I had max keys when the event started; maybe this caused keys not to be available?

Yep.

Jr. Complainer @ Society of Bosses
  • how did i miss this...
    How did i miss this...
    just HOW DID I MISS THIS!?!

I haven't played DB in far too long due to the game crashing a lot when i try to enter dungeons or open my chest, and look what good that has done me:
    i missed both the opportunity for the skin for one of my favorite heroes AND a great event, from what i've heard! i'm quite mad at myself now.
  • HollandOrc wrote: »
    how did i miss this...
    How did i miss this...

I haven't played DB in far too long due to the game crashing a lot when i try to enter dungeons or open my chest, and look what good that has done me:
    i missed both the opportunity for the skin for one of my favorite heroes AND a great event, from what i've heard! i'm quite mad at myself now.

Blame Canada. It'll make you feel better.
    HollandOrc wrote: »
    how did i miss this...
    How did i miss this...

Blame Canada. It'll make you feel better.

2»