Why are Event Dungeons so Easy Now?

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but... Recently, event dungeons have just been total pushovers. I used to get my team killed if I tried to autorun these dungeons, now I can throw together literally the worst team I can imagine, all without runes, and hit auto-run and bam! Done! I'm not sure if DB is trying to make it easier for players of all skill levels and actual levels to play (which is fine), but I sorta wish they were more challenging. Believe me, it's nice to be able to autorun a dungeon that gives Superior runes on every drop, I just miss the fun of actually having to try to get your rewards. Also, what happened to (E) (M) (H) (VH) event dungeons!? I loved those things! I'm not really complaining... Like I said, the intention seems to be to make them easier to autorun and make them easier for lower leveled players. But I think it would be nice to add a replica dungeon with every new event, that has the same drops and rewards, but is just a lot harder. Ya know... for when we want a challenge! Also it would give players an extra token to collect every day, so that would be nice too!
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Indigo
Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!

Comments

• I noticed. Decided I didn't care as long as they dropped superiors.

I think that for now they've decided event dungeons are for material farming instead of for challenge.
  • Would be nice to see a Nightmare level in addition to the current event dungeons. :wink:
  • I would imagine balancing a tough but beatable dungeon was difficult before runes. It's probably near impossible post runes where the range of level 70 hero strength is all over the board.

They've probably just decided to focus their efforts elsewhere.
  • The pve level its like wtf actually, they need to open all the world.
  • I would imagine balancing a tough but beatable dungeon was difficult before runes. It's probably near impossible post runes where the range of level 70 hero strength is all over the board.

I agree that it has to be a 'nightmare' after the runes, this is probably why there are so many "ride along" levels lately. In these boards they can control both offense and defense to try and balance it somewhat.

They could just release a ridiculous level and not have it be tied to the quests. If we beat it we pickup some gems and maybe some materials/runes to salvage. Not everything has to be beatable by everyone.
  • Zombie8u wrote: »
    I would imagine balancing a tough but beatable dungeon was difficult before runes. It's probably near impossible post runes where the range of level 70 hero strength is all over the board.

I agree that it has to be a 'nightmare' after the runes, this is probably why there are so many "ride along" levels lately. In these boards they can control both offense and defense to try and balance it somewhat.

They could just release a ridiculous level and not have it be tied to the quests. If we beat it we pickup some gems and maybe some materials/runes to salvage. Not everything has to be beatable by everyone.

I don't think runes are a nightmare but I agree it seems like they're doing a lot of hand holding. I almost don't like the ride along dungeons because the heroes aren't technically our own, and therefore don't have Epics or runes. Maybe just make sure we have the hero needed for the event and let us fill in the other 3 spots.

And I also totally agree that everything shouldn't be catered for everyone. Obviously the standard dungeons and quests should still be scaled so all levels can play, but a bonus, extra hard dungeon for the top players to give them an extra reward would be nice.

And maybe we could even scale that dungeon down so all levels can attempt it, but it would still be equally difficult for all levels.
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • The nightmare dungeon shouldn't scale. It should be difficult and cannot be autoran or quicklooted. The rewards should be modest, so people who can't beat it are not missing out on much. Maybe 20 gems for the first clear and 1-2 crafted mats for repeat runs (jewels, essences, etched bars). Rare chance for a mid dungeon chest with superior runes, similar to boss island. Basically, just a bragging right.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • edited May 16
    All participation requires a player earn a trophy. It wouldn't be fair if one player could beat the dungeon and another one could not. Everyone should be entitled to free superiors.
    Post edited by JaxBoomstick on
  • All participation requires a player earn a trophy. It would be fair if one player could beat it and another one could not. Everyone should be entitled to free superiors.

I actually agree with this, because the superiors that drop from the dungeon are bad superiors, which means they would be good runes for lower level players (I've actually gotten a legendary 3* from that dungeon, so if you're lucky you'll actually get something good too), and salvaging them for superior materials is practically pointless as a low level player since the other materials needed are hard/impossible for them to get.
  • All participation requires a player earn a trophy. It would be fair if one player could beat it and another one could not. Everyone should be entitled to free superiors.

I actually agree with this, because the superiors that drop from the dungeon are bad superiors, which means they would be good runes for lower level players (I've actually gotten a legendary 3* from that dungeon, so if you're lucky you'll actually get something good too), and salvaging them for superior materials is practically pointless as a low level player since the other materials needed are hard/impossible for them to get.

Maybe I'm off base here... but I have a feeling you just agreed with sarcasm.

I'm not. I think he meant to say unfair if one player could get it and another could not, because right after he says all players should have access to the superior Rune drops.
  • Besides, ideas clash. He may have been sarcastic, but I actually think it could be a neat idea. Whereas me being sarcastic about something I believe in may be seen as a good idea by someone else.
  • Crazy thought of the day ... I've been wondering about some unusual things in dungeon boss recently and speculating what it means.
    • Crazy influx of materials
    • Crazy over supply of superior runes and superior shards
    • Large influx of triple mat events
    • Huge availability of hero tokens
    • The new skill system which doesn't scale well at all with current skill values.
    • Incoming revamp of DMG % to attack power balance.

Y'all are going to call me crazy again ... but to me this adds up to a new Tier approaching quickly.
    Like, Level 80 hero cap, Epic Runes and Level 15 Epic Weapons.
  • Crazy thought of the day ... I've been wondering about some unusual things in dungeon boss recently and speculating what it means.
    • The new skill system which doesn't scale well at all with current skill values.

Y'all are going to call me crazy again ... but to me this adds up to a new Tier approaching quickly.

I think they're just finally moving the game in the right direction and listening to players c:

Or the rest of boss mode is going to be epic with new 'better than superior' runes. Maybe we will finally learn what these are for.
    mtq044q1ar2a.png

I keep asking around about a possible level increase. It seems to be the Hail Mary move for trying to balance items or players. So far everyone is telling me it isn't going to happen, but...
    mgc5i6um952b.png

I sure hope they don't tell the President Trump what they are planning. Otherwise the Russian players will know first and have an advantage over the rest of us.
  • Zombie8u wrote: »
    I would imagine balancing a tough but beatable dungeon was difficult before runes. It's probably near impossible post runes where the range of level 70 hero strength is all over the board.

Ride along levels are very easy too.

As for not being able to balance hard dungeons with runes, I disagree, the superior dungeons on Boss Island show they can make tough dungeons even with runes in play.

In fact, those dungeons are as difficult as the previous difficult event dungeons were.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    Crazy thought of the day ... I've been wondering about some unusual things in dungeon boss recently and speculating what it means.

I sure hope they don't tell the President Trump what they are planning. Otherwise the Russian players will know first and have an advantage over the rest of us.

Fake! Fake! Fake!

Okay, true, but still fake.

And 3x material event are not more frequent.
    we had 2-3 in the space of two months, then 2 months without one until yesterday's.

The other possibility is that this huge influx of mats and the change in skill stat is to encourage additional superior rune crafting, which eats 1200 gems per max tune. If people are limited by mats, shards, or binders, they are likely to wait and farm them while they slowly accumulate gems from tower. If they have everything else and are just short gems, they are more likely to buy some gem packs to speed up the process.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • Whatever the reason, I like it. Feels a lot more like successful progression.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • I've been wondering if maybe they were just going to start releasing epics at a much faster rate, but those are all possibilities too.
    Gmun

Don't forget the new daily quests providing boat loads of XP. When they launch the 2nd half of boss island, I wouldn't be surprised if they raised the level cap to 80.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Crazy thought of the day ... I've been wondering about some unusual things in dungeon boss recently and speculating what it means.

Don't forget the new daily quests providing boat loads of XP. When they launch the 2nd half of boss island, I wouldn't be surprised if they raised the level cap to 80.

If so, I'm ready for it. Got 999 of every xp potion.