What if... Phenol was a Healer?

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
edited May 16 in Feedback & Suggestions
This is a weird concept that just hit me, but I think it works very well with what Phenol is and does. Hear me out.
  • Classify Phenol as a Healer.
  • As for if he'd still be a Tank or not, that would depend on things. I'll explain.
  • Change his abilities to make him a Healer. This sounds drastic, but I can assure you - It's simpler than it sounds.
  • Add a new debuff to the game, "Monster Goo". I'll explain.

First off:
Phenol's Jelly Shot: Change this ability to be called Goo Shot. It covers enemies in Monster Goo, which deals damage each turn like Poison, but also acts as delicious jelly that Monsters just love to cover their food with and eat! Monster allies attacking enemies afflicted with Monster Goo will deal extra damage and heal for a % of the damage dealt. Also, might be good to knock the cooldown down from 7 to 6. It's still pretty long, and most new heroes don't have cooldowns of more than 5 anyways.
Phenol's Jiggle: This is the part where I said it would depend on if Phenol would remain a Tank or not. If you want him to still be a Tank, this ability would just do what it regularly does. Nothing would change. However, if you think Phenol should be a Healer but not be a Tank, this ability would be changed likewise - This ability would no longer apply Taunt. No team really needs more than 1 Taunting hero (Looking at you, Construct "Team"...). Instead, the ability would now be called Monster Jiggle Party, where Phenol jiggles around and gets all his Monster buddies dancing, I guess. It would heal all Monsters a bit, and grant them a new buff, "Jiggly!". While Jiggly, a Monster has an increased chance to Dodge attacks, and removes 1 debuff each turn if they have any/acquire any while Jiggly. Jiggly would last 2 turns!
Phenol's Toxic Spittle: This ability sucks. Sorry. It does. Maybe if it did more damage, or if Phenol didn't already have so many ways to Poison enemies, it would be viable. But it's just useless as it stands. Change this ability to be called Goo Spittle, which can now be targeted on Monster allies! Woo! When attacking an enemy with Goo Spittle, they will get covered in Monster Goo, just like from his first ability. However, target an ally Monster with it, and Phenol will cover them in Monster Goo! When Monsters get covered in Monster Goo, they take no extra damage from other Monsters, and actually regenerate a bit of health each turn! Monster Goo would heal the targeted Monster ally by a nice amount each turn for 3 turns, as well as cleanse up to 3 debuffs when initially applied to them. In addition, this ability would also grant Monster allies it is used on Burn Resistance III, Poison Resistance III, and Disease Resistance III! Actually, the tier of the resistances would start at I, and go up with each ascension. But you get the idea. Don't fret though! When used on enemy Monsters, it will still deal damage, and won't give them a healing or resistance buff! How does this work you ask? ...I'm not actually sure myself. Maybe Phenol just chooses what goes into his Monster Goo himself. It's his homemade recipe, after all. Oh yeah, and the cooldown obviously isn't 3 still. It would be at least 4. Maybe 5, if you think it's that good. Mmm. Koros thinks it's that good.

In short! I had an idea to make Phenol Thoxian a Healer for Monsters and I thought it through a lot! I'd love feedback, just... Please don't flat out say it's a stupid idea, even if you think that. If you don't agree, you can still add constructive criticism! That's the beauty of following forum rules!
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Bovus
Favorite element: Nature
Currently: Trying to max out Epics

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Oh! Oh! And make Phenol Poison Immune! Please! He really needs it!

...And maybe replace the passive that gives him more Health per Monster ally with 'Monster Heart (I/II/III)', that grants Monster allies (15/20/25)% extra health. And if you're really feeling generous, which you should be, give him a passive called 'Gooey Healing Drips', where he heals all Monster allies 3% each turn, but the Monster with the current lowest health would gain 9% (3x the healing!!!) instead! Wow!
    f2o8dfysdx8c.png
  • I'm up for a Phenol revision. I like that little goo. Maybe he could have some ability that goes with Rocky? He should definitely be poison immune AND disease. He's a blob monster after all.
    I'm up for a Phenol revision. I like that little goo. Maybe he could have some ability that goes with Rocky? He should definitely be poison immune AND disease. He's a blob monster after all.

I dunno about the Disease part, that would practically make him Undead without the extra damage from MK. I've always seen him as a cluster of cells, cells that also act as Poison for other animals. In short, it would make sense if he was immune to Poison, but Diseases could still infect the cluster of cells that make him up and affect him.

That's just my idea, anyways. Who knows what he really is? I guess if you can have rotting bones inside of you, you're pretty immune to Diseases.

Perhaps he could get a passive called 'Hyperactive Cells' where he regenerates a bit of Health each turn and can't be Poisoned or Diseased, or even Venomed?
  • he's phenol, which I believe is in cough syrup so he must be a medicine, just toxic. a mutated cell that copies itself. so he could have a passive called cell multiplication which recovers hp each turn and gets a little bost to max hp. like how rocky is a fungus and grows. phenol is a living bacterial blob so it would be cool if he did the same or at least had some resistance to nim xD
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Another good idea because a fan thought of it first and can no longer be used.
  • f2o8dfysdx8c.png

oh my flurkin' LAWRD that's cute and cool at the same time!

as for the healer idea itself: it's an interesting concept and a good boost to the Monster team. I think it would be a great improvement upon his current self.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    That would give us two slow green healers.
    edited May 20
    Barleyman wrote: »
    That would give us two slow green healers.

I just realized that... :c