Cobra's DDG can be dodged now?

I've heard others are seeing this too. Did y'all change so that Cobra's DDG can be dodged?
nunya

Comments

• It always has been avoidable. Right when she came out I ran teams with heroes who could increase their dodge chance and they would occasionally dodge it. Nothing new! :smile:
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • @JackHallow666 I have never had it dodged until after this update. :(
    nunya
  • It always has been avoidable. Right when she came out I ran teams with heroes who could increase their dodge chance and they would occasionally dodge it. Nothing new! :smile:

The damage could be dodged, but the stone was 100%. Countless hours of stoning a sb with evasion or Kira with aira and the stone had always worked 100% even if the attack had been dodged.

This should go back to unavoidable. If Kira can cut through the girls shields it is only fair that cobressa can cut through Kira's dodge.
  • Zombie8u wrote: »
    It always has been avoidable. Right when she came out I ran teams with heroes who could increase their dodge chance and they would occasionally dodge it. Nothing new! :smile:

The damage could be dodged, but the stone was 100%. Countless hours of stoning a sb with evasion or Kira with aira and the stone had always worked 100% even if the attack had been dodged.

This should go back to unavoidable. If Kira can cut through the girls shields it is only fair that cobressa can cut through Kira's dodge.

It would be a nice counter. Maybe a skill called "Rogue Chaser" for Cobressa and possibly some other heroes that lets them always hit Rogues. Would be nice on various heroes to Counter MK and rogues in general in PvP (Yes it would be slightly ironic as Cobressa is also a rogue)
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
    It always has been avoidable. Right when she came out I ran teams with heroes who could increase their dodge chance and they would occasionally dodge it. Nothing new! :smile:

It would be a nice counter. Maybe a skill called "Rogue Chaser" for Cobressa and possibly some other heroes that lets them always hit Rogues. Would be nice on various heroes to Counter MK and rogues in general in PvP (Yes it would be slightly ironic as Cobressa is also a rogue)

As of yesterday morning there was a counter. Cobressa would just stone them.
  • Seeing the same. It surprised me. Luckily, it didn't cost me the match.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • I really miss detailed patch notes.
    I really miss detailed patch notes.

Well I'm saying since her first ability isn't DDG anymore, it would be nice for her to be able to essentially have perfect swing against Rogues. Same for some other heroes. I think Yoko, Yorick, Jabber and Balog would be good contenders as Yoko and Yorick both either deal extra damage to rogues or take reduced damage from them, and the other two could just use a little buff. I see Jabber as a hunter of rogues almost, as he's part wolf and thus hunts prey by stalking. A swift Rogue would provide an interesting challenge to him, thus he would be extra vigilant in taking out Rogues. Balog would probably hate it when someone is less honorable than him in terms of how they fight, quick and tricky rogues that abuse their speed and cunning would infuriate Balog and thus inspire him to have a sort of vendetta against them.

Just some thoughts.
  • I had Shadowblade dodge a Stoning last week.

If this is a new thing, it's not a this week thing.

I vaguely recall but can't be certain it's happened before.

• edited May 18
    This is massively frustrating. @Eej @Joel I can't believe this change wasn't even announced. Snakes were the #1 team for me and plenty of others I'm sure. This change completely alters that. I can no longer count on hitting SB with anything before his evasion (and my invincibility) wears off. Or have any guarantee of hitting MK before his vibrating palm shreds my shield.

Look I understand that nerfing MK is clearly a sensitive topic so whatever plans you have there are being carefully considered and tested. But why in the world are we buffing him and all the fast rogues in the meantime? While doing whatever careful consideration you're doing for MK changes you've just eliminated two of the primary strategies we had for dealing with him!! You publicly eliminate the burning/poison strategy by completely neutering its damage and then you secretly eliminate the stoning strategy at the same time.

Did you even consider the effect on the meta? My friend and guildmate @D_Rodd is in your meta focus group and he told us he was completely unaware this change was coming. I believe he contacted you @Eej to ask about this change and that's how we found out this was real and not an accident. This is not a small change, this is complete elimination of a strategy that many of us relied on every day. If you didn't realize that then I highly HIGHLY recommend undoing the change and revisiting whatever problem you thought you were solving with the focus group to come up with a better way of doing so.
    centralcommand
  • This is massively frustrating. @Eej @Joel I can't believe this change wasn't even announced. Snakes were the #1 team for me and plenty of others I'm sure. This change completely alters that. I can no longer count on hitting SB with anything before his evasion (and my invincibility) wears off. Or have any guarantee of hitting MK before his vibrating palm shreds my shield.

Look I understand that nerfing MK is clearly a sensitive topic so whatever plans you have there are being carefully considered and tested. But why in the world are we buffing him and all the fast rogues in the meantime? While doing whatever careful consideration you're doing for MK changes you've just eliminated two of the primary strategies we had for dealing with him!! You publicly eliminate the burning/poison strategy by completely neutering its damage and then you secretly eliminate the stoning strategy at the same time.

Did you even consider the effect on the meta? My friend and guildmate @D_Rodd is in your meta focus group and he told us he was completely unaware this change was coming. I believe he contacted you @Eej to ask about this change and that's how we found out this was real and not an accident. This is not a small change, this is complete elimination of a strategy that many of us relied on every day. If you didn't realize that then I highly HIGHLY recommend undoing the change and revisiting whatever problem you thought you were solving with the focus group to come up with a better way of doing so.

Wait, I'm confused. I thought we established only the damage can be dodged, not the Stone effect itself. And once stoned, a hero can't dodge (ha), so isn't this actually a nerf to dodge-heavy heroes? Or did I misread?
  • This is massively frustrating. @Eej @Joel I can't believe this change wasn't even announced. Snakes were the #1 team for me and plenty of others I'm sure. This change completely alters that. I can no longer count on hitting SB with anything before his evasion (and my invincibility) wears off. Or have any guarantee of hitting MK before his vibrating palm shreds my shield.

Wait, I'm confused. I thought we established only the damage can be dodged, not the Stone effect itself. And once stoned, a hero can't dodge (ha), so isn't this actually a nerf to dodge-heavy heroes? Or did I misread?

The stone effect itself can be dodged now. If the damage portion of DDG is dodged or misses then the entire attack misses. The enemy is not stoned and does not drop dead. This was secretly introduced with the skill update. Prior to wednesday the damage portion of DDG could be dodged or miss but the enemy would still be stoned or drop dead. That second part (the only important part of the ability) could not miss.
    centralcommand
  • I have resisted leveling MK's epic up from the current epic 9 because I was so completely sure that he's gonna get nerfed and it's not worth the effort in place of other heroes. i'm beginning to think that MK is some secret lovechild of the devs that will only continue to get buffed either directly or indirectly.

maybe it's time for me to hop on the MK train and get him maxed epic.
  • oredith wrote: »
    I have resisted leveling MK's epic up from the current epic 9 because I was so completely sure that he's gonna get nerfed and it's not worth the effort in place of other heroes. i'm beginning to think that MK is some secret lovechild of the devs that will only continue to get buffed either directly or indirectly.

maybe it's time for me to hop on the MK train and get him maxed epic.

The last couple of Summit meetings have been about discussing MK and Shade nerfs, nothing is final or confirmed yet but it seems the devs do understand MK is too powerful and are trying to figure out how to nerf him so that he's not too powerful, but also not useless. It really is a delicate balance when all things are considered.

Supposedly his Death Blossom will scale with a lower % of his Attack, and we've considered removing Tenacity and PWN Undead. Sorta makes me sad cuz if that's true, he's just gonna be a slightly different Black Diamond... but whatever works I guess.

Shade will just do less damage in general I think. I think his Possession should only restore up to 50% of the possessed hero's Health, and only have abilities charged that an attacking version of the hero would have at the start of a raid.

Couldn't agree more. MK was already so OP and impossible to predict. Cobressa was a possible solution to MK's dodge and power. The game is almost completely dominated by dodgy characters now, and you do this? I'm not sure which is worse: the nerf or not giving us a heads up. I would also ask that you reverse this change. You're really screwing players over, and it's already hard to keep the motivation to keep grinding away at PVP without the dev team introducing such a counter-intuitive nerf. C'mon, guys. Fix this before you lose more players.
  • it's the "continued discussion" that bothers me. how long are we gonna continue to discuss this?

my fear is that it's one of those "soon" promises... am i likely to tire and quit the game before it happens?

and honestly, so what if MK is just a different version of BD? there's plenty of other similar heroes in the game. and why the SPECIAL consideration for MK where there was none for zen and kozar? who cares if MK isn't used anymore? that hasn't stopped any previous changes?

it just seems like there's a super delicate touch being used on MK where there isn't on anyone/anything else.
  • Devs: MK, come outside.
    MK: Can't.
    Devs: Why not?
    MK: ~Cobressa is a deadly lazer~
    Devs: Now there's a blanket (nerf)!
  • The worst part about this change is that it benefits only the AI and no players. I doubt anyone is celebrating the chance to dodge a move Cobressa rarely uses on defense (due to her energy gain), whereas many, many players are cursing the loss of a reliable way to stop SB or MK from dodging repeatedly and wiping out the remaining 2-3 members of their team. In other words, this "fix" only creates more "want to break my phone" moments for players and helps no one but the AI.

• The stone effect itself can be dodged now. If the damage portion of DDG is dodged or misses then the entire attack misses. The enemy is not stoned and does not drop dead. This was secretly introduced with the skill update. Prior to wednesday the damage portion of DDG could be dodged or miss but the enemy would still be stoned or drop dead. That second part (the only important part of the ability) could not miss.

I am telling you that SB dodged Stoning last week.
    It wasn't introduced with the skill update, it was at least a week earlier.
    For me, at least.
  • I just experienced the frustration of watching MK dodge the stone effect, then watched him dodge + tenacity chain procs followed as a single hero destroyed my entire team #QQ #rage and all that

I'm wondering if he and other dodgy heroes can now dodge Iceblooms freeze? @Joel @Eej @DB_Dillon ?

PS – if that's true, it's a fairly silly and significant buff to Dodge characters - and unnecessary in my opinion
  • Don't give them ideas like that... :wink:
  • edited May 19
    danac wrote: »

The stone effect itself can be dodged now. If the damage portion of DDG is dodged or misses then the entire attack misses. The enemy is not stoned and does not drop dead. This was secretly introduced with the skill update. Prior to wednesday the damage portion of DDG could be dodged or miss but the enemy would still be stoned or drop dead. That second part (the only important part of the ability) could not miss.

I am telling you that SB dodged Stoning last week.
    It wasn't introduced with the skill update, it was at least a week earlier.
    For me, at least.
    Did he dodge the stoning or did he dodge the attack and resist the stoning? Everyone has a 6% chance to resist stoning so once in a blue moon that can happen:
    rkacuwocjkia.png

You may be right @danac but snakes are literally my #1 team and I raid a lot. So if it did work this way since last week then that would mean I had a quite amazing series of coincidences where SBs and MKs never dodged my DDG. It's not impossible but just very unlikely.

Although honestly we're debating the wrong aspect of this, the "when" is much less important to me then the "why". @Eej @Joel this issue is important to us. I can only assume you thought it wasn't since you slipped it in without telling us but it is. We deserve some answers on when the change happened and why.
    centralcommand
  • edited May 20
    I cant say for sure. Since it doesn't say resist anymore.

All i saw was dodge